How many wide recievers--T/ends?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

How many wide recievers--T/ends?

Ok we have Ocho-Branch-Stalworth-Welker -Gonzalez-Hernandez-Lloyd-Edelmen-Gronk-Fells-Underwood-Slater and britt Davis. What gives? I smell a draft day trade involving Welker. The guy wants 10-12 million a year for 4 more years and the Pats aint giving that next year. And there is a chance he could hold out this year ala Mankins. Is this why the Pats have made the run on WRs and another T/E? I know there are a lot more knowledgeble fans on this board than me, so please help me out here cause I can't make sense of it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: How many wide recievers--T/ends?

On an unrelated note the best part about bountygate is we no longer have to hear about spygate for ten more years---Thank you Sean Payton and Saints org.-welcome to the world us Pats fans have had to live in even though most if not all teams taped!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: How many wide recievers--T/ends?:
    On an unrelated note the best part about bountygate is we no longer have to hear about spygate for ten more years---Thank you Sean Payton and Saints org.-welcome to the world us Pats fans have had to live in even though most if not all teams taped!
    Posted by jimmytantric

It's wishful thinking about spygate Laughing

trust me, it will come up over and over again regardless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's hedge the bets Jimmy. Really take a look at the guys currently on the roster

Lloyd - Z WR. Unique compared to all the rest because he is the only Z WR
    Branch - Broke down towards the end of the year. His career might be coming to an end soon
    Ocho - Did not perform up to his contract and is a candidate for release
    Stallworth - his numbers have dropped since leaving the Pats, might not last past pre-season
    Gonz - Has played 11 games in 3 years
    Underwood - Hasn't shown much more then being a PS player so far
    Edelman - is an ironman but isn't a starting caliber Y. At best he provides versatility
    Welker - He's our X and other then Lloyd the only real starter on the roster

TE's - We run a 2 TE base set. You need at minimum 3 TE's to run this set

So frankly out of the WR bunch we have 2 legit starters and a bunch of players that either have issues getting on the field, staying on the field, or are in the twilight of their careers. Having this many WR's isn't a sign that they want to trade one of 2 starting WR's more of a cast the net wide and hope we can get lucky on a couple of guys

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Good points PE-makes more sense to me now.In Response to Re: How many wide recievers--T/ends?:
    It's hedge the bets Jimmy. Really take a look at the guys currently on the roster Lloyd - Z WR. Unique compared to all the rest because he is the only Z WR Branch - Broke down towards the end of the year. His career might be coming to an end soon Ocho - Did not perform up to his contract and is a candidate for release Stallworth - his numbers have dropped since leaving the Pats, might not last past pre-season Gonz - Has played 11 games in 3 years Underwood - Hasn't shown much more then being a PS player so far Edelman - is an ironman but isn't a starting caliber Y. At best he provides versatility Welker - He's our X and other then Lloyd the only real starter on the roster TE's - We run a 2 TE base set. You need at minimum 3 TE's to run this set So frankly out of the WR bunch we have 2 legit starters and a bunch of players that either have issues getting on the field, staying on the field, or are in the twilight of their careers. Having this many WR's isn't a sign that they want to trade one of 2 starting WR's more of a cast the net wide and hope we can get lucky on a couple of guys
    Posted by PatsEng

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The truth is there is probably a lot more quantity that quality in this group. Training camp has a way of weeding guys out and if that doesn't do it, a few weeks into a regular season can wipe out half a position with injury. In all honesty I think half of our signings are for leverage in the Welker negotiations and also to maybe deceive a little come draft time...you don't want the whole league thinking you need wide receivers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

3 TEs, 5 WRs. 

Branch, Welker, Lloyd, Ocho and Edelman for WRs. Gronk, Hern and another block TE. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I have been getting a gut feeling also and it's been saying that Welker is moving to KC. I personally think the move would stink but I think KC is going to offer BB a package he can't refuse. so hold onto your hats come draft day and keep reminding yourselves not to throw stuff at your TV's....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm sure on opening day we'll have 6 WRs and 3 TEs.

WR  - Welker, Lloyd, Branch, Gonzales, Stallworth, Britt Davis or Edelman. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a rookie

TE - Gronk, Hern, Fells

Sections
Shortcuts