how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

Look ... Everything is right there . It just needs someone  with the balz to write it.

motive...  Luck. Best prospect since elway... Was talked about for years going in.

ability....  Polian.  Behind the scenes schemer with NFL insider credentials on rules committee .

opportunity .... Suspicious , ambiguous neck injury to hall of fame QB.

excuse...  Waaaaaaa, we can't win without Peyton  .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

Hey UD6...  it wasn't the perfect storm, it was the perfect crime....  Except he hasn't completely gotten away with it just yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look ... Everything is right there . It just needs someone  with the balz to write it.

motive...  Luck. Best prospect since elway... Was talked about for years going in.

ability....  Polian.  Behind the scenes schemer with NFL insider credentials on rules committee .

opportunity .... Suspicious , ambiguous neck injury to hall of fame QB.

excuse...  Waaaaaaa, we can't win without Peyton  .

[/QUOTE]
    Well at least your moniker suits you.  I guess Polian also knew his "schemes" were going to get him a pink slip.  Good point about the NFL being also complicit. 

You should write the book.  Sounds like you've got it all laid out.  Your book would probably sell out in...New England. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey UD6...  it wasn't the perfect storm, it was the perfect crime....  Except he hasn't completely gotten away with it just yet.

[/QUOTE]

No, of course he hasn't.  Not with the objective coolade on the case.  You and Colonel Klink can head the investigation. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Funny conversation.  I don't know how you'd convince a single NFL player to intentionally tank.  Their game tape is their resume, and who's going to risk putting themselves out of their high-paying job so the team can draft the top prospect?  Never would happen. 

I think we've missed the best argument for why the Colts were so terrible last year.  During most of the year, the QB play was so horrendous that it was almost impossible for them to win.  The QB is the most important player on the field, and Collins and Painter were epically bad.  Added to that is the fact that the team was very poorly coached (no Dungy, Tom Moore, or Howard Mudd)...so when the team played so poorly, much of the team largely gave up.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny conversation.  I don't know how you'd convince a single NFL player to intentionally tank.  Their game tape is their resume, and who's going to risk putting themselves out of their high-paying job so the team can draft the top prospect?  Never would happen. 

I think we've missed the best argument for why the Colts were so terrible last year.  During most of the year, the QB play was so horrendous that it was almost impossible for them to win.  The QB is the most important player on the field, and Collins and Painter were epically bad.  Added to that is the fact that the team was very poorly coached (no Dungy, Tom Moore, or Howard Mudd)...so when the team played so poorly, much of the team largely gave up.  

[/QUOTE]

glad you appreciate the humor of pushing trolls buttons...  Except there is actually more to this than that.   players do what they're told so its more about the coaching and management .  That is where you find the manipulation of roster moves, playcalling, and passive coaching that produces the beyond unlikely losing streak of a 9 consecutive year playoff team.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glad you appreciate the humor of pushing trolls buttons...  Except there is actually more to this than that.   players do what they're told so its more about the coaching and management .  That is where you find the manipulation of roster moves, playcalling, and passive coaching that produces the beyond unlikely losing streak of a 9 consecutive year playoff team.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, remember when Wes Welker "did what he was told" and BB benched him for it? That was awesome!

[/QUOTE]

that was back when rex was fatter and more sure about his sorry azz...   wow seems like forever ago , huh...?  Now he's overrated AND overweight .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like tanking to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like tanking to me.

[/QUOTE]

exactly....   its not a stretch at all . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that Belichick told Brady to throw that ball to no one so that they would take a safety in the superbowl?  Is that what you mean by players doing what they are told? 

Given your logic, I can't imagine the surprise Polian, Caldwell and the rest of the front office and coaching staff must have felt when by engineering this beyond unlikely feat, they subsequently engineered themselves right out of their jobs. 

Jokes on them I guess, right?

That Irsay is one ruthless SOB.  Belichick's got nothing on him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I guess Collins and Painter called their own plays. Or maybe someone sent in plays that just might not be the best play. But hey to go from playoffs to 2 wins to potentially playoffs in 3 seasons, must be the strenght and conditioning in the offseason. Eh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

my suspicion is that it was polians brainchild so to speak. So he disappeared... Again to deflect attention from the objective .  Coverup, perhaps....?  Do you think maybe that his firing was part of the overall plan...?  this scheme has many layers and taken in its totality with everything at stake...is as mind boggling as it is brilliant  ... 

plus a little arrogant...  It depends on media ignorantly buying into it... Also the NFL to look the other way.... But I wouldn't put it past colt management to have thought this through , planned it carefully, then sit back and orchestrate the whole thing...

guaranteed someone's getting  some retirement kickbacks for this caper...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess Collins and Painter called their own plays. Or maybe someone sent in plays that just might not be the best play. But hey to go from playoffs to 2 wins to potentially playoffs in 3 seasons, must be the strenght and conditioning in the offseason. Eh?

[/QUOTE]

Explain to me exactly how any coach knows before they call a play which play is the best play?  Whoops, forgive me I forgot that I was responding to a NE fan who supports the coach who systemically stole defensive play signals against league rules, my bad.  You guys did know what defenses were calling. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

it was polians brainchild .  So he dis appeared .  Coverup.... Hello....?  Do you think he's going to hang around...?   hmmm.. Its a little obvious when you lose 13 ?in a row. 

guaranteed he's getting  some retirement kickbacks for his caper...

[/QUOTE]

I'll back off.  I am sure that when you guarantee something, you are serious.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Have another cocktail , jints... And reread the thread... Maybe you'll get it, but probly not...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Wanted to bump this thread for those who like conspiracy theories , plus Indy plays tonight.  Also I edited a post to clarify some thoughts and to back off some of the more strident comments.  Hope it makes sense now and apologies for the mistakes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rather than making the board go back and reread your mishmash, why don't you just tell us all how you backpedaled?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rather than making the board go back and reread your mishmash, why don't you just tell us all how you backpedaled?

[/QUOTE

call it what you want, but I think I have put forth a plausible scenario which may or may not turn into a widespread belief regarding Indys year in the tank, as unpleasant as this may seem.  The truth hurts, to borrow a line from chff.

some of facts we know are as follows:

colts and Peyton are 5-3. The more success they have, the more the conspiracy becomes likely .

colts are only team in history of NFL to go to playoffs then be horrible enough 1 year later to get #1 pick.

luck was the most desirable prospect since elway or Peyton .

These facts alone should give rise to an investigation IMO .  I am merely putting into words what millions of fans have suspected, derided , and maybe cynically dismissed .

Sections
Shortcuts