how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

Just listened to polian on ESPN radio on svp show...

gushed about lucks "photographic memory" and ability to process information . Also said " he sees the field even better than peyton..."

then talking about eagles problems ... "They have no offensive line" and then volunteered this gem:

"that was one of the reasons we were so bad in Indianapolis last year."

hmmmm....  explaining when nobody asked you about it...?  What does that say?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rather than making the board go back and reread your mishmash, why don't you just tell us all how you backpedaled?

[/QUOTE

call it what you want, but I think I have put forth a plausible scenario which may or may not turn into a widespread belief regarding Indys year in the tank, as unpleasant as this may seem.  The truth hurts, to borrow a line from chff.

some of facts we know are as follows:

colts and Peyton are 5-3. The more success they have, the more the conspiracy becomes likely .

colts are only team in history of NFL to go to playoffs then be horrible enough 1 year later to get #1 pick.

luck was the most desirable prospect since elway or Peyton .

These facts alone should give rise to an investigation IMO .  I am merely putting into words what millions of fans have suspected, derided , and maybe cynically dismissed .

[/QUOTE]

Good effort there.  Heck you can't even convince yourself if plausible is the best way you can describe your conspiracy.  

CHFF, eh?  boston based site.  Telling.  Did you know that the founder of that site was previously a food writer for the boston herald?  The guy deserves props parlaying so little football knowledge into so much success but I'll bet he knows where to find a good slice of Pizza.

I'd give you an inkling of credit for your "plausible" scenario IF you actually read anything I've already said, which clearly you haven't.  But look, you are demonstrating continued frustrations over that 2007 Belichick debacle and are looking to find anything you can to demonize other teams.  I have an idea.  Focus on the saints. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

Just listened to polian on ESPN radio on svp show...

gushed about lucks "photographic memory" and ability to process information . Also said " he sees the field even better than peyton..."

then talking about eagles problems ... "They have no offensive line" and then volunteered this gem:

"that was one of the reasons we were so bad in Indianapolis last year."

hmmmm....  explaining when nobody asked you about it...?  What does that say?

[/QUOTE]

It says he is speaking from experience about things that everyone knows.  The colts line blew last year and for a couple of years before that.  They still pretty much blow now with only one real solid player, and the jury's still out on him. 

Take QB's with special talent like Peyton and Andrew and they find ways to overcome such inadequacies.  Painter, old Collins, and Orlovsky - not so much. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

What it says to me is a person who explains something without being asked, they are trying to manipulate.   in this case he is responding subconsciously to his complicity in the tanking season and throwing in his attempt to deflect public opinion into the increasingly brain cramping thought that Indy was an actual OH AND THIRTEEN team.

In this radio spot with svp he also spoke of Indys "newfound " defense... Saying the coaching brilliance of changing to a 3-4 was why all pros frreney Mathis Brackett and bethea were all of a sudden playing better ...

fascinating

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

What it says to me is a person who explains something without being asked, they are trying to manipulate.   in this case he is responding subconsciously to his complicity in the tanking season and throwing in his attempt to deflect public opinion into the increasingly brain cramping thought that Indy was an actual OH AND THIRTEEN team.

In this radio spot with svp he also spoke of Indys "newfound " defense... Saying the coaching brilliance of changing to a 3-4 was why all pros frreney Mathis Brackett and bethea were all of a sudden playing better ...

fascinating

[/QUOTE]

If I've got you right, then you are saying that Polian is being dishonest, which begs the question - when you started this thread without being asked were you being dishonest to the board?  Too easy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Ever heard the old adage "don't complain , don't explain"... ?  Yikes, I can't believe I'm actually explaining  the don't  explain adage...  Short version is you look guilty , on top of other reasons .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

That was a pretty crappy explanation, and not at all worthy in this case unless you go by the name coolade2. 

One thing Polian always did was take care of his own.  The good news was that he generally took care of people who were also good at what they did, but that didn't translate to his son.  In the ultimate play of taking care of his own, he got his son placed as the GM of the colts and let off the reigns a bit.  The rest, as they say is history. 

No father in their right mind (well maybe you would coolade), least of all, Polian, would install his son in a position of prominence then set him on a course of utter failure, disgrace, and employment termination. 

Keep lobbing them up coolade.  I'll keep knocking them out.  C it go. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

OK with me , although your argument isn't actually a home run as you claim.

this topic of Indy tanking last year is all over twitter . I heard this on ESPN radio a few minutes ago.  nfl live guys were discussing it.

As the thread is titled...

how many wins?   The talk has started.  And the irony is that each win makes the situation more dicey for Indy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny conversation.  I don't know how you'd convince a single NFL player to intentionally tank.  Their game tape is their resume, and who's going to risk putting themselves out of their high-paying job so the team can draft the top prospect?  Never would happen. 

I think we've missed the best argument for why the Colts were so terrible last year.  During most of the year, the QB play was so horrendous that it was almost impossible for them to win.  The QB is the most important player on the field, and Collins and Painter were epically bad.  Added to that is the fact that the team was very poorly coached (no Dungy, Tom Moore, or Howard Mudd)...so when the team played so poorly, much of the team largely gave up.  

[/QUOTE]

glad you appreciate the humor of pushing trolls buttons...  Except there is actually more to this than that.   players do what they're told so its more about the coaching and management .  That is where you find the manipulation of roster moves, playcalling, and passive coaching that produces the beyond unlikely losing streak of a 9 consecutive year playoff team.

[/QUOTE]

Boy, that sure back-fired on management and the coaching staff, didn't it?  This is the very reason it would never happen - all these guys lost their jobs due to the disastrous season.  I assume your next conspiracy theory will involve Irsay...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Funny conversation.  I don't know how you'd convince a single NFL player to intentionally tank.  Their game tape is their resume, and who's going to risk putting themselves out of their high-paying job so the team can draft the top prospect?  Never would happen. 

I think we've missed the best argument for why the Colts were so terrible last year.  During most of the year, the QB play was so horrendous that it was almost impossible for them to win.  The QB is the most important player on the field, and Collins and Painter were epically bad.  Added to that is the fact that the team was very poorly coached (no Dungy, Tom Moore, or Howard Mudd)...so when the team played so poorly, much of the team largely gave up.  

[/QUOTE]

glad you appreciate the humor of pushing trolls buttons...  Except there is actually more to this than that.   players do what they're told so its more about the coaching and management .  That is where you find the manipulation of roster moves, playcalling, and passive coaching that produces the beyond unlikely losing streak of a 9 consecutive year playoff team.

[/QUOTE]

Boy, that sure back-fired on management and the coaching staff, didn't it?  This is the very reason it would never happen - all these guys lost their jobs due to the disastrous season.  I assume your next conspiracy theory will involve Irsay...

[/QUOTE]

Well of course ... The plan was worked out to the last detail ... Including the firings to make it all look legit leading to your comments.  Of all the owners who might try this isn't irsay at the top of the list...?  I think Luck presented such a prize that they couldn't resist and then the pieces started falling into place.

understood this conspiracy stuff isn't for everybody but then you stop and think of the reality of rich people who sit back and try and control everything . They almost got Romney elected. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Moron...?  Its your link, dinkweed I didn't click on it. Go back to gangrene land where you can worship your fat loudmouth loser coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well of course ... The plan was worked out to the last detail ... Including the firings to make it all look legit leading to your comments.  Of all the owners who might try this isn't irsay at the top of the list...?  I think Luck presented such a prize that they couldn't resist and then the pieces started falling into place.

understood this conspiracy stuff isn't for everybody but then you stop and think of the reality of rich people who sit back and try and control everything . They almost got Romney elected. 

[/QUOTE]
    I am sorry but what would lead  you to believe that Irsay would be at the top of such shenanigans.  If you ask me, your conspiracy is very Belichickian.  Just realized where all these sinister thoughts of yours come from. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't worry about coolade rex.  He's one of those that sees astrerisks next to his favorites teams Super Bowl victories, and it bothers him to this day.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Tankgate is not going away, trolls....  Sorry if you can't  handle a little conspiracy theory.  that's right... A theory based in probability.  As in playoff teams don't usually go 0-13.  And rookie QBs don't  have winning records AT ALL, let alone with a 2-14 team...!

you're slow in the head if you don't  see how obvious this tanking is becoming.  Either that or you don't  understand football and that QBs alone cannot make such a huge difference.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Give him a break Jints.  He's beat himself enough for one day.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Indy won big last night.  As the thread is written... Each game that they win further supports the tanking.  Call it what you want... I consider this a story that has legs for the very reason everyone is trying to dismiss it...  It's  too explosive , too many people involved, etc.  Isn't that how all scandals start...?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Remember last year everyone joking about "sukk for luck"...  It was widely speculated that this was an accepted strategy for Indy . 

Pundits criticized  openly teams that won games and hurt their draft position .

why is losing on purpose to cheat the system and secure a great player not exposed as such.

is it not worse than losing to collect a bet from Vegas....?  Luck pays off for 10 years plus.  Quite the scam....

[/QUOTE]

The system is what it is. Management went with the status quo all season, knowing that making no efforts to improve the 2011 lost cause team would likely lead to gaining the top overall pick...Luck. Colts management didn't "cheat", they were just being sly. Taking no action to convert a hopeless 2-14 team into a slightly less smelly 4-12 team, was what was best for their franchise, in the long run.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts