Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

Just listened to polian on ESPN radio on svp show...

gushed about lucks "photographic memory" and ability to process information . Also said " he sees the field even better than peyton..."

then talking about eagles problems ... "They have no offensive line" and then volunteered this gem:

"that was one of the reasons we were so bad in Indianapolis last year."

hmmmm....  explaining when nobody asked you about it...?  What does that say?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: how many wins for COLTS before talk starts that they CHEATED last year by intentionally losing

What it says to me is a person who explains something without being asked, they are trying to manipulate.   in this case he is responding subconsciously to his complicity in the tanking season and throwing in his attempt to deflect public opinion into the increasingly brain cramping thought that Indy was an actual OH AND THIRTEEN team.

In this radio spot with svp he also spoke of Indys "newfound " defense... Saying the coaching brilliance of changing to a 3-4 was why all pros frreney Mathis Brackett and bethea were all of a sudden playing better ...

fascinating

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Ever heard the old adage "don't complain , don't explain"... ?  Yikes, I can't believe I'm actually explaining  the don't  explain adage...  Short version is you look guilty , on top of other reasons .

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

OK with me , although your argument isn't actually a home run as you claim.

this topic of Indy tanking last year is all over twitter . I heard this on ESPN radio a few minutes ago.  nfl live guys were discussing it.

As the thread is titled...

how many wins?   The talk has started.  And the irony is that each win makes the situation more dicey for Indy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

Funny conversation.  I don't know how you'd convince a single NFL player to intentionally tank.  Their game tape is their resume, and who's going to risk putting themselves out of their high-paying job so the team can draft the top prospect?  Never would happen. 

I think we've missed the best argument for why the Colts were so terrible last year.  During most of the year, the QB play was so horrendous that it was almost impossible for them to win.  The QB is the most important player on the field, and Collins and Painter were epically bad.  Added to that is the fact that the team was very poorly coached (no Dungy, Tom Moore, or Howard Mudd)...so when the team played so poorly, much of the team largely gave up.  

glad you appreciate the humor of pushing trolls buttons...  Except there is actually more to this than that.   players do what they're told so its more about the coaching and management .  That is where you find the manipulation of roster moves, playcalling, and passive coaching that produces the beyond unlikely losing streak of a 9 consecutive year playoff team.

Boy, that sure back-fired on management and the coaching staff, didn't it?  This is the very reason it would never happen - all these guys lost their jobs due to the disastrous season.  I assume your next conspiracy theory will involve Irsay...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Funny conversation.  I don't know how you'd convince a single NFL player to intentionally tank.  Their game tape is their resume, and who's going to risk putting themselves out of their high-paying job so the team can draft the top prospect?  Never would happen. 

I think we've missed the best argument for why the Colts were so terrible last year.  During most of the year, the QB play was so horrendous that it was almost impossible for them to win.  The QB is the most important player on the field, and Collins and Painter were epically bad.  Added to that is the fact that the team was very poorly coached (no Dungy, Tom Moore, or Howard Mudd)...so when the team played so poorly, much of the team largely gave up.  

glad you appreciate the humor of pushing trolls buttons...  Except there is actually more to this than that.   players do what they're told so its more about the coaching and management .  That is where you find the manipulation of roster moves, playcalling, and passive coaching that produces the beyond unlikely losing streak of a 9 consecutive year playoff team.

Boy, that sure back-fired on management and the coaching staff, didn't it?  This is the very reason it would never happen - all these guys lost their jobs due to the disastrous season.  I assume your next conspiracy theory will involve Irsay...

Well of course ... The plan was worked out to the last detail ... Including the firings to make it all look legit leading to your comments.  Of all the owners who might try this isn't irsay at the top of the list...?  I think Luck presented such a prize that they couldn't resist and then the pieces started falling into place.

understood this conspiracy stuff isn't for everybody but then you stop and think of the reality of rich people who sit back and try and control everything . They almost got Romney elected. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Moron...?  Its your link, dinkweed I didn't click on it. Go back to gangrene land where you can worship your fat loudmouth loser coach.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Tankgate is not going away, trolls....  Sorry if you can't  handle a little conspiracy theory.  that's right... A theory based in probability.  As in playoff teams don't usually go 0-13.  And rookie QBs don't  have winning records AT ALL, let alone with a 2-14 team...!

you're slow in the head if you don't  see how obvious this tanking is becoming.  Either that or you don't  understand football and that QBs alone cannot make such a huge difference.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Indy won big last night.  As the thread is written... Each game that they win further supports the tanking.  Call it what you want... I consider this a story that has legs for the very reason everyone is trying to dismiss it...  It's  too explosive , too many people involved, etc.  Isn't that how all scandals start...?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Remember last year everyone joking about "sukk for luck"...  It was widely speculated that this was an accepted strategy for Indy . 

Pundits criticized  openly teams that won games and hurt their draft position .

why is losing on purpose to cheat the system and secure a great player not exposed as such.

is it not worse than losing to collect a bet from Vegas....?  Luck pays off for 10 years plus.  Quite the scam....

The system is what it is. Management went with the status quo all season, knowing that making no efforts to improve the 2011 lost cause team would likely lead to gaining the top overall pick...Luck. Colts management didn't "cheat", they were just being sly. Taking no action to convert a hopeless 2-14 team into a slightly less smelly 4-12 team, was what was best for their franchise, in the long run.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts