How much did spygate contribute to the three titles?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles?

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles?:
    In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : How many titles before spygate and how many since its that simple
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Go back to the Bruins board you jagaloon. Do you realize how hard it is to win the Super Bowl? Every game comes down to the wire and while some teams make plays, the other don't. So if Welker doesn't drop that pass that he converts 99 out of 100 times, would you still be trolling on this forum? My guess would be no. So shut up. We didn't get it done in the clutch and that has nothing to do with taping other teams signals from their sideline. BTW, you do realize that taping signals isn't illegal, right? They did it from the Jets sideline, which is illegal. NFL teams scout each other up the wazooh. In the end, you have to make plays. The pats haven't in the past 2 Super Bowls. Get a grip, knucklehead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Go back to the Bruins board you jagaloon. Do you realize how hard it is to win the Super Bowl? Every game comes down to the wire and while some teams make plays, the other don't. So if Welker doesn't drop that pass that he converts 99 out of 100 times, would you still be trolling on this forum? My guess would be no. So shut up. We didn't get it done in the clutch and that has nothing to do with taping other teams signals from their sideline. BTW, you do realize that taping signals isn't illegal, right? They did it from the Jets sideline, which is illegal. NFL teams scout each other up the wazooh. In the end, you have to make plays. The pats haven't in the past 2 Super Bowls. Get a grip, knucklehead.
    Posted by IrishMob7

Again you don't like hearing it but my best advice would be to win a title without spygate champ

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : nope it isn't........this game was lost last night on incredible throw by Eli......last time Tyree's catch and Samuel missing an easy INT.....couple inches either way the Pats win........other teams executed..Pats didn't..end of story.
    Posted by sday4x4

Don't even bother with this ignoramus. He doesn't want to look at reality. He'd rather turn on ESPN and hear all of the talking heads, most of which have never played or coached in the NFL, and base his decision off these morons. Leave him alone and maybe he'll go back to the Bruins board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : How many titles before spygate and how many since its that simple
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Your critical reasoning skills are simply astounding.  I just watched Superbowl XXXVI yesterday and I can tell you the Patriots won by imposing their will on the Rams, not some edge acquired from illegal taping.  They weren't guilty of any violations at the point in time.  If it's a crime to punish a receiver after they catch a ball, well then, the Patriots were certainly guilty of that.  To say that they won their Superbowls illegally is laughable really.  Don't quote the media as a verifiable source either, they use Spygate to increase ratings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Your critical reasoning skills are simply astounding.  I just watched Superbowl XXXVI yesterday and I can tell you the Patriots won by imposing their will on the Rams, not some edge acquired from illegal taping.  They weren't guilty of any violations at the point in time.  If it's a crime to punish a receiver after they catch a ball, well then, the Patriots were certainly guilty of that.  To say that they won their Superbowls illegally is laughable really.  Don't quote the media as a verifiable source either, they use Spygate to increase ratings.
    Posted by sbruce9

Matt Walsh would beg to differ with you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The clutchnes of brady since the tapes have been taken away has vanished. Also I find it funny all the pats fans gave Brady all the credit for the 3 titles but in reality it was the patriots defense and special teams that were the main factor.( much easier to play d when you know the other teams plays) Yet when the pats lose its never tommys fault and wouldn't you know when the pats aren't cheating with spygate and knowing the other teams plays they suddenly cant win the big one. Interesting isn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Again you don't like hearing it but my best advice would be to win a title without spygate champ
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

What exactly is the point of you being here?  Are you just a pure hockey fan who doesn't like football and is ticked off at all the attention the Pats have been getting in the Boston sports market?  Or are you just an adolescent?  Grow up and stop trying to rile people up, it's childish.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to How much did spygate contribute to the three titles?:
    I used to think it had nothing to do with it at all but now the pats are 0-2 in superbowl games since being caught. They never won a title before spygate and even during that time never won one by more than 3 points. Honest question here how much of a factor was it that the pats won all the title during the spygate era and have failed to win one since? I can say this the second loss to the giants and eli definatly hurts belichecks and bradys legacy. Compairing Brady to Montana was and expecialy now after two loses in the superbowl was just stupid. Now the comparison should be Brady vs Eli and now Eli is 2-0 to brady. Despite the loss I think this was one of Belicheks best coaching jobs the fact he almost one a superbowl with that no name defense is incredible. This years draft the pats should just make there picks instead of trading down for more picks or even trade up if a player is sitting higher they really love. Time to upgrade the defense after all it was the main reason the pats won the titles ( or spygate )
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Here we go with the stupid spygate comments.

lack of cameras did not make brady fail to slide a out of the QB box before throwing the ball away from the end zone.

they did not make him throw an INT or overthrow Welker

they did not make receivers drop passes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : What exactly is the point of you being here?  Are you just a pure hockey fan who doesn't like football and is ticked off at all the attention the Pats have been getting in the Boston sports market?  Or are you just an adolescent?  Grow up and stop trying to rile people up, it's childish.
    Posted by jeffab

See typical response from a patriots fan but its what I have come to expect living in new england. I am trying to have a simple chat here but as usualy pats fans can't handle anything that might be negative. So funny becaue most pats fans I know liked a different team in the 80s and 90s before they liked the pats. Of all the four major teams in boston the pats fans are the biggest jokes of all of them. The celtics red sox and bruins fans are way better and much loyal fans than pat fans but thats not saying much since most fans became a fan after the matt walsh fuled game vs the rams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : See typical response from a patriots fan but its what I have come to expect living in new england. I am trying to have a simple chat here but as usualy pats fans can't handle anything that might be negative. So funny becaue most pats fans I know liked a different team in the 80s and 90s before they liked the pats. Of all the four major teams in boston the pats fans are the biggest jokes of all of them. The celtics red sox and bruins fans are way better and much loyal fans than pat fans but thats not saying much since most fans became a fan after the matt walsh fuled game vs the rams.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Typical?  Your response to my question is typical, and you are exactly who I thought you'd be.  I've watched the Pats since I was a kid in the early 80's and cheered for them when they were 1-15 and 2-14.  I love the Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics too.  Don't group people together....a grown man doesn't come on a chat board and whine about which teams fans are more loyal than anothers.  I think people have given several reasons why Spygate wasn't such a big deal.  Welker makes an easy catch last night: Pats win the game.  Linebacker doesn't jump offsides at the 10 yard line: Pats win the game, one of the 2-3 Giants fumbles bounce the other way: Pats win the game..  That's got nothing to do with videotapes.  You clearly have an agenda you're trying to push and anybody with an intellect greater than your own, which is probably everyone on this board, can see through your schtick.  Go put on your spoked sweater, enjoy some hockey, and quit trying to make other people miserable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : See typical response from a patriots fan but its what I have come to expect living in new england. I am trying to have a simple chat here but as usualy pats fans can't handle anything that might be negative. So funny becaue most pats fans I know liked a different team in the 80s and 90s before they liked the pats. Of all the four major teams in boston the pats fans are the biggest jokes of all of them. The celtics red sox and bruins fans are way better and much loyal fans than pat fans but thats not saying much since most fans became a fan after the matt walsh fuled game vs the rams.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Who do you think your fooling? Your idiotic attempt to connect the loss to spygate is not an attempt at a simple chat. It's a stupid troll comment. So is your stupid statement about 'knowing' New Englanders rooted for other NFL teams. You sound like a 15 year. Do the area a favor and move back to whatever sheethole you came from. You lower the region's intelligence level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

No one will ever really know how much influence Spygate actually had the Pats success, many on here insist it was a fabrication, haters say it was a massive deal, the truth certainly lies somewhere in the middle. The fact that the Pats have kept winning 11-16 games a year is really all the proof you need. The bigger discussion is how the Pats have so largely gotten away from the running the ball and defense that actually won them SB's, not the all out pass attack they have had since 2006. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Good point and one that isn't talked about enough. The big passing numbers look sexy but it seems a good balance is better for winning title. The packers, saints, and pats all had what I would call a video game offense and neither won it all. The league has turned into a passing league with the rule changes but I still think balance and a good defense is esential to winng it all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not a SINGLE bit!!  Only the foolish believe the idea some game film can actually give a team insight into coaches signals and they'd actually be identical game to game.  It's all guess work.  The jealous use it as a crutch and as their opening to denigrate the success of the BB-TB era of the Patriots. There has been worse stuff done in the past.  Move on!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Who do you think your fooling? Your idiotic attempt to connect the loss to spygate is not an attempt at a simple chat. It's a stupid troll comment. So is your stupid statement about 'knowing' New Englanders rooted for other NFL teams. You sound like a 15 year. Do the area a favor and move back to whatever sheethole you came from. You lower the region's intelligence level.
    Posted by glenr

Truth hurts doesn't it? The pats fans are more like the ones acting like kids saying belicheat and brady are the best of all time but when they get prooven wrong they can't handle it. Now sir you look old be honest I bet you liked the steelers back in the day just like many people your age but now claim the pats as your favorite team?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Go back to the Bruins board you jagaloon. Do you realize how hard it is to win the Super Bowl? Every game comes down to the wire and while some teams make plays, the other don't. So if Welker doesn't drop that pass that he converts 99 out of 100 times, would you still be trolling on this forum? My guess would be no. So shut up. We didn't get it done in the clutch and that has nothing to do with taping other teams signals from their sideline. BTW, you do realize that taping signals isn't illegal, right? They did it from the Jets sideline, which is illegal. NFL teams scout each other up the wazooh. In the end, you have to make plays. The pats haven't in the past 2 Super Bowls. Get a grip, knucklehead.
    Posted by IrishMob7

Great Post!! I would add one thing. It's extremely hard to just get to the Super Bowl. What about most of the teams that NEVER make it there or maybe once in a blue moon. Patriots are usually in the hunt every year!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Not a SINGLE bit!!  Only the foolish believe the idea some game film can actually give a team insight into coaches signals and they'd actually be identical game to game.  It's all guess work.  The jealous use it as a crutch and as their opening to denigrate the success of the BB-TB era of the Patriots. There has been worse stuff done in the past.  Move on!
    Posted by agcsbill

If it was of no help why would belicheat do it again after the nfl warned him not to do it? The answer is simple and it was to gain an advantage wich he got caught doing for a second time and fined almost a million dollars and had a FIRST ROUND pick taken away. Seems the nfl thought it was a big deal and destroyed the tapes too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Lucic, still suffering from brain damage cause by too many pucks to the head?  Talk about being out in left field and years too late to be drumming on about a topic beaten to death.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Posted by LUCICmilan17

I see. So, illegal taping only helps in one game per year.

It's not that "simple", but if simple is all you can handle, by all means, keep going with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : If it was of no help why would belicheat do it again after the nfl warned him not to do it? The answer is simple and it was to gain an advantage wich he got caught doing for a second time and fined almost a million dollars and had a FIRST ROUND pick taken away. Seems the nfl thought it was a big deal and destroyed the tapes too.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Read the ruling... the "taping" was not what was illegal!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Hey, Lucic, still suffering from brain damage cause by too many pucks to the head?  Talk about being out in left field and years too late to be drumming on about a topic beaten to death.
    Posted by agcsbill

Don't get your patriots footy pj's in a bunch. Until the pats win a title post spygate get used to it because its reality

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Don't get your patriots footy pj's in a bunch. Until the pats win a title post spygate get used to it because its reality
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Every person on the planet thuought the Earth was flat 500 years ago. That didn't make it "reality".

Your weak arguments aren't even up to par with the "flat earth" arguments.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: How much did spygate contribute to the three titles? : Every person on the planet thuought the Earth was flat 500 years ago. That didn't make it "reality". Your weak arguments aren't even up to par with the "flat earth" arguments.
    Posted by ThefourBs

he's just another teenage internet tough guy showing his vitual machismo from his mommy's basement

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

In Response to How much did spygate contribute to the three titles?:
    I used to think it had nothing to do with it at all but now the pats are 0-2 in superbowl games since being caught. They never won a title before spygate and even during that time never won one by more than 3 points. Honest question here how much of a factor was it that the pats won all the title during the spygate era and have failed to win one since? I can say this the second loss to the giants and eli definatly hurts belichecks and bradys legacy. Compairing Brady to Montana was and expecialy now after two loses in the superbowl was just stupid. Now the comparison should be Brady vs Eli and now Eli is 2-0 to brady. Despite the loss I think this was one of Belicheks best coaching jobs the fact he almost one a superbowl with that no name defense is incredible. This years draft the pats should just make there picks instead of trading down for more picks or even trade up if a player is sitting higher they really love. Time to upgrade the defense after all it was the main reason the pats won the titles( or spygate)
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

You are an idiot or a troll.

Only an idiot would say that going to 5 superbowls isn't an accomplishment in and of itself. The Pats have a BETTER record psot spygate than they did before that. This game is predicated on keeping the teams fairly even, and "Any Given Sunday" means something.

Just because they lost the last two SB's they are suspect??? Are you f'ing kidding me? Because there are 30 other teams that didn't even make the Superbowl.

Brady and Belichick each have a he11 of a resume - 6 AFC championships, 3 Superbowls, 10 AFC east division championships. Most of the QB and coach records of all time (Most TDs, 2nd most yards, most postseason TD's, etc...). It is not dumb at all to compare them to the best at their respective positions.

This team still has a he11 of a chance to go to the big show again next year. Plus they will be healthier (having Carter and Dowling I back will help this team a lot), AND they will be stocked up with 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, a 3rd and a 4th. On top of that they will probably pick up a number of FA's that could help them out even more.

Sections
Shortcuts