How much did the loss of Warren and Green hurt the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

How much did the loss of Warren and Green hurt the Pats?

I'm overseas and wasn't able to watch the game. How much did the loss of Warren and Green hurt the Pats? Sounds like they couldn't get much pressure on Manning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedcoat. Show TheRedcoat's posts

Re: How much did the loss of Warren and Green hurt the Pats?

In Response to How much did the loss of Warren and Green hurt the Pats?:
    [QUOTE]I'm overseas and wasn't able to watch the game. How much did the loss of Warren and Green hurt the Pats? Sounds like they couldn't get much pressure on Manning.
    Posted by Shtarka[/QUOTE]

In my opinion it was nearly everything. The DL was fatigued by the end of the game as they couldn't sub to keep everyone fresh. I dont know if they would have gotten much more pressure but certainly would have helped and the running game would have been stopped quicker.

I also think the loss of Springs was big. When Manning was drawing PI penalties, an older head was needed. Not that the CBs played badly, but a calming influence would Have helped. These two things would probably have allowed BB to punt and will be the biggest reason why we beat the Colts at their place in the Divisional play offs!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

All our injuries bit us in the bum come the fourth quarter. 

No Morris and Taylor meant Belichick had to give Maroney the ball- he fumbled in the endzone. 

We lost Aiken, he is the best WR when it comes to blocking the screen pass.

We lost Neal, besides the way Vollmer played, Neal is the best lineman from the 07 line. 

On the defense, we lost Banta-Cain, Nincovich. The Patriots ran out of LBs and DL men and were forced to use the same personnel for the rest of the match. This left them lethargic and prone to Peyton Manning's hurry up offense. The defense held the Colts to 14 points for 3 quarters, then their lack of personnel got them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You have to give the Colts credit. The hurry-up offense did exactly what it is supposed to do. By the end of the game, the defense was spent (sound familiar?) and when the offense tried to play ball control -- something it is not designed to do -- well, we all saw the results. More personnel to draw from in substitution packages would certainly have helped, but the way the Pats beat the Colts is by maximizing their trips to the Red Zone. They left 22 points just sitting there on the field. This game should never have been close enough for the unthinkable to happen; which is not to say that giving up three touchdowns late -- or completely giving up on your defense -- iis ever acceptable, but Indy gave the Pats every opportunity to put the game away and the Pats didn't do it.

It's a familiar refrain and it's very troubling.

Does anybody really believe the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl with offense?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I like the Pats attitude, whether that comes from BB or is a team thing that began in the Super Bowl against St. Louis.  They're going to line up and play you with what they have, not make excuses about injuries and see what happens.  That being said, I think they missed them a lot.

Sections
Shortcuts