How much playing time for Ridley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

How much playing time for Ridley

Do you think BB will play Ridley much. I know he is a rookie, but with his speed it could be a good change of pace. I do not know much about his receiving skills.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: How much playing time for Ridley

He'll be in there, but not the feature back... If the Giants are good at anything (which they are), they're really really good at getting after guys who have either injury or fumble histories.  BB might be fairly judicious with how he uses him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Gi Aints have not been so good against the run statistically so BB might implement a healthy dose of BJGE, Woodhead, Faulk, Ridley and Hernandez

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: How much playing time for Ridley:
    [QUOTE]He'll be in there, but not the feature back... If the Giants are good at anything (which they are), they're really really good at getting after guys who have either injury or fumble histories.  BB might be fairly judicious with how he uses him.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll be out there or even activated.  Just like last week, it's too risky.
    Also they might want to keep all the receivers activated if there's any problem with Gronk.
    Hopefully Vollmer can go too and they can use Soldier as a 3rd TE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

[QUOTE]Gi Aints have not been so good against the run statistically so BB might implement a healthy dose of BJGE, Woodhead, Faulk, Ridley and Hernandez
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Ditto on that one...I think the Pats running game is gonna be the key to keeping this defense on their heels. Especially if the Gronk is unable to endure too many passing plays. The extra blocker for the running game might be the thing the Pats need to beat this defense. I'm feeling pretty good that just about everyone is expecting the Giants to win...extra fuel for TB and the defense!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He had some fumbles going into last week and was benched

I expect it will be entirely a Benny/Woodhead game

I think BJGE still hasn't fumbled in his career, how tragic if his first came in the SB (knock on wood) but I am expecting a clock burning 16-18 carries for 70-85 yards and a TD from Benny and 7-9 carries with 45-55 yards from Woodhead...

and the obligatory 1-2 touches for Faulk when we have it wrapped up in the 4th;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I also think it's way too risky. We all know how lucky we were to turn the ball over 3 times last week and walk away with the win.

The two fumbles by the 49ers on special teams against the Giants is the difference in the game. They don't lose those two fumbles and we would be playing the 49ers this week. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't see him even being active for the game.  BJGE and Woody will be featured depending on situation.  I do see more ground game for the Pats if for no other reason than to slow the G pass rush.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

He'll play, but as someone stated above he won't be the featured back.  I think if you're the Pats you use every weapon at your disposal. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Would be nice to have his quickness and burst available . . . but if BB isn't confident about his ability to protect the ball, he won't be in the game.  I think we probably now understand why BB didn't play Ridley more during the regular season . . . 

Keep in mind, though, that Kevin Faulk was a fumbler early in his career too, but BB stuck with him and Faulk worked diligently to improve.  I'm hoping Ridley's career has a similar trajectory. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

The Giants gave up 6.3 and 5.4 yards per carry against the 49ers and the Packers on a lot of carries. That is a virtual invitation to run the ball down their throats all day long. Ridley will have 6-8 carries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I know I am going to sound like an ididot here but I would have both Ridley and Vereen active (as well as BJGE, DW, and KF). The way to stop the Giants pass rush is to run right by it, or throw quick short screens, something both Faulk and Vereen should excell at. I doubt we will see Vereen but this game really plays to his and DW's srengths (speed, quickness, elusiveness) Was good to see Torrey Smith out there last week and could only make me think what if?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We may see Hernandez used as a back in this game a lot as well.  Don't be surprised if the run comes from untraditional sources.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

RIDLEY would be helpful on the fast track

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I think it is important to have Ridley in this game. I think Bill got the message across about protecting the football and Ridley's skill set may be crucial in this game.  I love Law Firm but lets face it, he's limited in the types of runs he excels at and if the Giants can shut those runs down the Pats need other options available other than the ones Woodhead can provide.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I know I am going to sound like an ididot here but I would have both Ridley and Vereen active (as well as BJGE, DW, and KF). The way to stop the Giants pass rush is to run right by it, or throw quick short screens, something both Faulk and Vereen should excell at. I doubt we will see Vereen but this game really plays to his and DW's srengths (speed, quickness, elusiveness) Was good to see Torrey Smith out there last week and could only make me think what if?!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

I agree Vareen would absolutely be a beast to handle on screen passes, but I don't think you'll see him or Ridley dressed for the game. If it weren't for the fumbling issues Ridley has had recently I think he would be able to add something when there is little there in the running game (generally early when everyone is amped up).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm sure Ridley got the message with the benching, but the real question in BB's mind I'm sure is whether he's improved at holding on to the ball.  Faulk used to fumble a lot too and, if I remember right, he had to do special strength training to improve his ability to hold on to the ball. If Ridley needs work like this, getting the message isn't the issue.  I'm sure BB will be testing him in practice to see if he's gotten more reliable and will only play him if he's sure there's improvement.  

Getting the message and understanding that you need to improve is one thing.  Actually improving is another. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

We need hin to run the edge, along with BJGE pounding up the middle so we can wear down the d-line and slow down their pressure on TB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to How much playing time for Ridley:
    [QUOTE]Do you think BB will play Ridley much. I know he is a rookie, but with his speed it could be a good change of pace. I do not know much about his receiving skills.
    Posted by brazilnut[/QUOTE]
    ========================
    Hope Ridley plays, but expect him to be deactivated.  Expect BJGE & Woodhead and the offense we saw against the Ravens.  It's a shame. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Too many fumbles.   He doesn't run crisp routes.  He hasn't yet got the experience in pass-protecting Brady.

I give Ridley 3 plays, maybe 1 run off tackle with the rock.  At least he's a change-of-pace back -- he gives the Giants defensive players something else to worry about.  Too much worry and the defense starts to get softer, so run him a little.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to How much playing time for Ridley:
    [QUOTE]Do you think BB will play Ridley much. I know he is a rookie, but with his speed it could be a good change of pace. I do not know much about his receiving skills.
    Posted by brazilnut[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

zero. he fumbles too much!

Sections
Shortcuts