How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract

How much money and how many years should Randy resign for.
    How much money and how many years could Randy sign for with another team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract

Given how happy he is to be a Patriot, plus the chance to still team up with Brady, if he gets much the same as he has now, he stays...  all we can do is wait and see!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

2 year/9 million each and year to year after that. If randy accepts to that, Patriots should jump on it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

3 year 10.5 million

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I dont think he will get that much.  I think 10 mil guar.  With a 3 year deal for 9, 7.5 then 6.5 mil with incentives each year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

4 years 35-40 mill a year.

Keep him with Tom, reconstruct his deal with Tom. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

4 yrs 40 mill....   he just had a 3 yr 27 M probably 25 guranteed. Another team will give him 12-14M per

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

At 10+ or more, let him walk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

what I think they should offer is 3 yrs 24mil with incentives to boost it up to 28mil with 15 guaranteed over the first 2 yrs.

What I think he could get somewhere else is 4 for 48mil

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract:
    [QUOTE]4 yrs 40 mill....   he just had a 3 yr 27 M probably 25 guranteed. Another team will give him 12-14M per
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Negative.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Wrong again Patseng! Just kidding. I agree. He's a WR that will be in his mid thirties. 

Are you still on campus? 

[QUOTE]what I think they should offer is 3 yrs 24mil with incentives to boost it up to 28mil with 15 guaranteed over the first 2 yrs. What I think he could get somewhere else is 4 for 48mil
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Wow thank god you idiots don't run the Patriots front office. 9 to 10 a year for 3 to 4 years on a 34 (35 next year) old receiver?????  I want him back as much as the next guy but hes not a 10 million dollar receiver anymore.. Does anyone in here realize what kind of players require that kind of money, and unless Moss finds a fountain of youth he will get older..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]Wow thank god you idiots don't run the Patriots front office. 9 to 10 a year for 3 to 4 years on a 34 (35 next year) old receiver?????  I want him back as much as the next guy but hes not a 10 million dollar receiver anymore.. Does anyone in here realize what kind of players require that kind of money, and unless Moss finds a fountain of youth he will get older..
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

I'll ask you the same question I asked a poster in another thread......what about Moss' game tells you "he's not a 10 mill receiver anymore". Back it up.

As I said in another thread, based on his statistics, which you can read in the other thread, shows he is still a top 5 WR in the NFL. I don't know how much football you watch, but with the exception of Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitz, NO ONE gets double teamed more than Moss. Do you think they double team him because he has lost a step? Or do you think the double team him because of what he "used to be"?

Go ahead and try to convince me but blanket statements such as "he's not worth it anymore" means as much as "my dad can beat up your dad'.

Give him 4 yr, 30mil guaranteed, with the other 10 coming from incentives.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Wow thank god you idiots don't run the Patriots front office. 9 to 10 a year for 3 to 4 years on a 34 (35 next year) old receiver?????  I want him back as much as the next guy but hes not a 10 million dollar receiver anymore.. Does anyone in here realize what kind of players require that kind of money, and unless Moss finds a fountain of youth he will get older..
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

Miles Austin gets paid 9 million dollars a year, do you think Austin is a better WR than Moss? Last year was  down year for both Moss and Brady and Moss still put up top 5 numbers in receiving yards and TDs. And he helps by drawing cover from the Slots, TEs and RBs. He does a ton for the offense. By the time he's contract is up he'll just be playing to retire. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract : Miles Austin gets paid 9 million dollars a year, do you think Austin is a better WR than Moss? Last year was  down year for both Moss and Brady and Moss still put up top 5 numbers in receiving yards and TDs. And he helps by drawing cover from the Slots, TEs and RBs. He does a ton for the offense. By the time he's contract is up he'll just be playing to retire. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I have always said Moss is better than sliced bread. Give him a 3 year deal, 65 million guarenteed, Brady's wife on weekends and the keys to Kraft's Mall. This way if he leaves town he wont leave empty handed. Do you think thats enough?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree Moss is better, but you're paying for future production and not past production. Are you saying you'd rather have Moss than Austin in three years? I'd rather have Austin if he continues to play so well.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract : Miles Austin gets paid 9 million dollars a year, do you think Austin is a better WR than Moss? Last year was  down year for both Moss and Brady and Moss still put up top 5 numbers in receiving yards and TDs. And he helps by drawing cover from the Slots, TEs and RBs. He does a ton for the offense. By the time he's contract is up he'll just be playing to retire. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Would I rather have Austin or Moss in 3 years?....3 years from now I'd rather have Austin, but now and for the next 3 years, I'll take Moss everytime. 

Austin is good, but he is not a HOF WR and probably never will be. Dallas has a nasty way of creating faux superstars. Just look at Romo. He was touted as the next Aikman...he puts up good numbers, but is a habitual choker. 

Moss produces, has produced and will continue to produce. He opens the field up, takes the top off the defense, etc. Welker's short game, Moss's long game are complimentary. Take either one out of the equation and the Pats offense suffers. 
    No one on our current roster can fill his shoes. 
    I say give Randy a 3 year contract, valued at $8-$9M per year, with $20 guaranteed, and rest made up of performance based incentives, roster bonus, workout bonus, etc.....I think he is worth every penny. 
    Thinking of business...do you think Kraft would enjoy Randy entering the NFL HOF with a Patriots uniform on? Keep him around another 3 years, and we are certain of that. That spells $$$$$$ 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong again Patseng! Just kidding. I agree. He's a WR that will be in his mid thirties.  Are you still on campus?  In Response to Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Hey Rockdog yeah still on campus for the last half year. 1 more semester thankfully.

You're right, you pay for future potential not past performance and players in Moss's mold (lanky speedy WR's) have historically fell apart in their mid-thirties. It wasn't even a slow slide either it was a one season they had an above average season and the next it just went down hill. Moss currently is starting to show the signs of the downward slide, namely not getting separation like he use to and having trouble getting up to full speed in those go routes. For now though he is drawing double coverage which helps the other WR's on the field but if he can only pull in a couple catches every so often on the long ball the double coverage will eventually disappear. That's why I suggested only a 3 year with the ability to either boost his pay from incentives if he continue to perform or gives the Pats a way out if he goes into decline. It's just a smart way to work contract with older players. To work the contract in a way that gives you a way out after a couple of years.

WR's I think are as good if not will be better then Moss over the next 4 year period: Boldin, Fitz, Wayne, Ochocinco, A. Johnson, Welker, Jennings. Yes small list but I refuse to add any WR who's hasn't been in the league for more then 3 years simply because there isn't a large enough sample size to fully judge them.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

3 Years, 28 Million, AAV of 9.3, which is a raise.  If they could get him for 2 and 20 or so, that may work too.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract : I'll ask you the same question I asked a poster in another thread......what about Moss' game tells you "he's not a 10 mill receiver anymore". Back it up. As I said in another thread, based on his statistics, which you can read in the other thread, shows he is still a top 5 WR in the NFL. I don't know how much football you watch, but with the exception of Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitz, NO ONE gets double teamed more than Moss. Do you think they double team him because he has lost a step? Or do you think the double team him because of what he "used to be"? Go ahead and try to convince me but blanket statements such as "he's not worth it anymore" means as much as "my dad can beat up your dad'. Give him 4 yr, 30mil guaranteed, with the other 10 coming from incentives.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

Do some statistical research on HOF receivers that have hit 35 years old. It might surprise you. Like others have said, you pay for future production not past. Your talking about value and an entire team. 10 mill on one player is a lot and the value must be there. If he continues to perform the same for the next 3 years, then yes I agree, give him the money. Statistically and historically he will not, and he won't continue to warrant double coverage and a tampa 2 defense in every game. So thats my response, you can agree or not, but if you pay based on past performance, go be a Redskins fan. How much football do you watch?? :) I have been to multiple SBs, have the ticket, yada yada.. who cares.. Just speaking economics of the game here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much should Randy Moss get on his next contract : Do some statistical research on HOF receivers that have hit 35 years old. It might surprise you. Like others have said, you pay for future production not past. Your talking about value and an entire team. 10 mill on one player is a lot and the value must be there. If he continues to perform the same for the next 3 years, then yes I agree, give him the money. Statistically and historically he will not, and he won't continue to warrant double coverage and a tampa 2 defense in every game. So thats my response, you can agree or not, but if you pay based on past performance, go be a Redskins fan. How much football do you watch?? :) I have been to multiple SBs, have the ticket, yada yada.. who cares.. Just speaking economics of the game here.
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

So you are basing it on statistics from other receivers? Not on what Moss has done? If you look at Moss' numbers, there isn't much of a drop off. In fact, he's been extremely consistent his whole career. You think just because he hits 35 that he suddenly one day wakes up out of bed and is no longer double teamed? You got to look at HIS history to make a future prediction.

And the question about how much football you watch is a legitimate question. Maybe you are just a diehard Pats fan, and I'm right there with you, but maybe you don't watch the other games. I know plenty of football fans who watch their team and that's it. Maybe you are one of those. My point being is that I watch almost every game every week and the ones I can't watch, I try to watch on NFL replay or DVR. I make it a point to watch how other teams are playing Calvin Johnson, or Andre Johnson, or Larry Fitz. I watch how the Rams utilize Steven Jackson and the whether or not Richard Seymour provides the same headaches for opposing teams like he did when he played in NE. It wasn't a question to insult you, but a legitimate one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

One other thing....generally speaking, I'd agree with you that it isn't a wise economic decision to give a 35 year old player that kind of money. Generally speaking.

But in this case, we are talking about a premier player with skills that are still better than 99% of all receivers in the game. Moss is in elite company just like Brady is in elite company for QB's. Generally it isn't wise to spend almost $20 mil a year on an aging QB either, especially one with major knee surgery, but you got to look at the other intangibles.

What does a guy like Brady or Moss bring to the locker room? What do they bring to the games of other players? For instance, does Moss being who he is, help Welker's game? Will it help the running game? Will it help Hernandez or Gronk? Hernandez and Gronk will probably be solid players, but they will look even better because of guys like Brady and Moss who play along side of them.

History is a good predictor of future performance. I totally agree with you on that. But it isn't always accurate and in this case, we will have to agree to disagree. Moss is in a different category.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

3 for 30

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]4 year deal at 9 mill a year should get the job done, maybe 10 mill a year. He is worth every penny.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I think 4 year at 8-9 this or 2 year 10-11 mil