How patient is this board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How patient is this board?

Not much coming out of Patriots Land folks.  Numerous " I want to see " discussions on this board, rumors and other such stuff.  How long before the patience wears thin and we start seeing posts in which there will be claims the Pats aren't doing anything in the FA market.  All we can go on is the fact the Pats brass has always been mum on who they are talking too and considering and that drives lots of folks here crazy!!  So, how patient is this board going to be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: How patient is this board?

Let me give you a hint:

Mt Hurl, Underpants, Babe Parilli and Jints Fan are all still joined at the hip as trolls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As a fan I yearn for any news. But, knowing the Pats I also know that there won't be any big names either. It's kind of a catch 22 being a Pats fan

Right now I'd like to know what they have in mind with respect to some of the mid-tier FA's like Marshall and Langford

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think it will be Lloyd and Dolphins DE Kendall Langford. And some lesser known names or guys who will come on the cheap to try for a championship before they are done. Maybe Lowery as well as I heard Lombardi say he was a player the Pats are considering.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have zero patience when it comes to this stuff!  I want news now!  Heck, I will even take rumors at this point.  But I have been a Pats fan long enough to know that BB kepps things hush hush up until after the signing has taken place. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Knowing this place, the "What are they doing?" threads will start later today! It's just after five plus weeks of all of us saying what they should do we want to see what really happens. I keep switching back to NFLN to see any "breaking news", but not a peep about NE. But we all know how BB works. For all we know he could be having breakfast with Mario today. But I'm sure all the "regulars" here are sitting on the edge of their seats. Patience will wear thin quickly!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: How patient is this board?:
    [QUOTE]Let me give you a hint: Mt Hurl, Underpants, Babe Parilli and Jints Fan are all still joined at the hip as trolls.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

You forgot zbellino and many others. He and they never agree with your idiotic rants either.

Jints and UD6 only connection to us is that they realizes you are a numbskull as just about everybody but the handful of Brady bashers around here do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm in no hurry. Actually, I'm apprehensive as to what the crazy GM might cook up. He has long been gun shy about free agency after too many big signings failed. He will probably do his usual and sign some relatively cheap nobodys and hope somebody shines. I'm just hoping he doesn't have any "friends" he wants to bring into his welfare program like he did Ocho.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I think it will be Lloyd and Dolphins DE Kendall Langford. And some lesser known names or guys who will come on the cheap to try for a championship before they are done. Maybe Lowery as well as I heard Lombardi say he was a player the Pats are considering.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

sorry DaBlade Lowery already resigned with Jax

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I could wait till the cows come home but aside from a few regulars here, the calls for BBs head, by a majority on this board, because he doesn't know how much you need to go after and sign every big name free agent out there will start almost immediately!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Expecting a signing early in free agency would be very wishful thinking. Pats usually are still trying to sign guys by the time the draft starts. They wont be jumping in when the big money is thrown out and never have, save for a couple of desperate years in which they got burned anyway. (Colvin-hip injury in first appearance)  (A.D. - One year wonder)

So everyone needs to just relax and look waaaaaay down at the bottom of the free agent list and take your guesses with that group.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Yesterday they said there have been ongoing talks with Slater...I had to wait until today!

Can confirm ESPN report that the Patriots are finalizing deal to re-sign WR Matthew Slater. I'd expect it to be done later today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

See what I mean.

Guys are wondering if we are going for Colston or Garcon and meanwhile the pats are locking up their special teamers/5th wr spots.....lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In BB I trust - period.  Would I like to see some really sexy moves?  Of course.  Would I love to speculate over leaks and rumors about what the Pats are doing? Absolutely.  But in the final analysis I'll be very interested in how the team looks when the dust settles, boring though that may be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In BB I trust, like always.

I'm sure most real fans knew BB wouldn't go out and make a splash with a big name signing, that's not his style. I expect a few low end signings, I still am holding out hope for Lloyd and a safety like Nelson or Landry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]See what I mean. Guys are wondering if we are going for Colston or Garcon and meanwhile the pats are locking up their special teamers/5th wr spots.....lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one Jay. I understand not being able to lock up some of your own bigger name FA's quickly but why are they still working out deals with min value players? I have a hard time believing that STers will get blown away with offers once FA period hits so I doubt that many STers would rather wait to until the FA period to work on deals. Why wouldn't they lock up these players in the exclusive signing period early if they really wanted them back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

@PatsEng, maybe guys like Slater wanted to see what they could get on the market first, no market developed and now they are looking to resign. For guys like that, an extra hundred thousand or two makes all the difference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In BB I trust, like always. I'm sure most real fans knew BB wouldn't go out and make a splash with a big name signing, that's not his style. I expect a few low end signings, I still am holding out hope for Lloyd and a safety like Nelson or Landry.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I don't think many fans expected a splash but a more aggressive approach like in 00', 01', 03', and 07' would give more confidence. Generally when they have been more passive and slowly working on min value FA's early in the FA period was when they had weaker seasons.

This first weekend is important imo. The first day is exciting but you can't tell much from it. It's really the first weekend after the FA period starts that you need to watch. If all they do is resign min value STers at their own pace then chances are they are taking a passive approach this year. If you hear some FA's who will have shots of starting jobs coming in then they might be taking a more aggressive approach this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]@PatsEng, maybe guys like Slater wanted to see what they could get on the market first, no market developed and now they are looking to resign. For guys like that, an extra hundred thousand or two makes all the difference.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Gadis, guys like that tend to know the market going in. This isn't the first time Slater has hit FA and generally they know what they are expecting. If it was that simple then the Pats wouldn't still be negotiating with him at this point. Min value guys are just that min value guys. Unless a team releases them or tells them they won't make an offer you rarely hear about them switching teams.

The other argument is that this same procedure happens for all the Pats min value guys. Are they all waiting for the market? Why do other teams have no issue signing their min value guys well before the FA period but the Pats are always one step behind? It just seems odd that the Pats are usually the only team still trying to wrap up their own min value contracts after the FA period starts while other teams had their players locked up a week ahead of time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thats why is s ucks when u lose the SB.  Lot of time lost and nothing to show for it.

The Pats are always behind because they go far into the postseason, but I agree in regards to guys like Slater. How has his value changed at all in the last 3 years?  He is what he is.  A decent guy who is more valuble to us because WE play him at safety in emergency. This guy would not see any offensive or defensive snaps anywhere else. He is not even a Kelly Washington type of Special Teamer. He is decent at best. I like him as a person, but if he left, we wouldnt be scrambling to replace him. You can bring in any undrafted WR to do his job, IMo as he was better his rookie year at being a gunner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well, we did get some news today about Fanene...   good move it seems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Build through the draft, fill in the holes through free agency.