HOW PEYTON MANNING DESTROYED OUR PATS + MADE THEM SOFT...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: HOW PEYTON MANNING DESTROYED OUR PATS + MADE THEM SOFT...

In Response to Re: HOW PEYTON MANNING DESTROYED OUR PATS + MADE THEM SOFT...:
    [QUOTE]Didn't the Patriots just draft/acquire a badazz courner, three monster TEs, freakin Vollmer (Hercules), Spikes,  . . . these gentlemen are big and tough.  And, they dropped Maroney, who BB was critical of b/c he wasn't dishing out the abuse that he wants. I mean, I wouldn't have turned down Moss or Welker when they were available.  They tried matching them with a hard nosed special teams player in Aiken, he just didn't work out.  Watson physically fit the bill, and he made some remarkable plays, he just couldn't get as consistent as a championship contender needs. Plus, a lot of the short yardage plays that the Patriots were becoming known for during the early part of the decade were finesse plays.  Welker is great for this team.  The team simply also needs players like Hernandez and Gronkowski.  I hope Hernandez develops into a more versitile version of Givens.  Give him a couple more weeks, Pal. And hey, even at the beginning of the decade, players like Mankins who won't take the farm in exchange for doing some weeding were sent packing. And, der, I feel pretty confident that if a player like Dillon, who has rushing records and hurts opposing linebackers becomes available, BB will try to sign him up.  Who has taken this player from us over the last couple of years?  Sometimes people talk like BB should go out to the great player tree and start picking a SB team.  He's a genius not a wizard.
    Posted by lightningbrain[/QUOTE]

again, i AGREE WiTH most OF YOUR POINTS lightning. i said i LOVE the last 2 drafts. my beef used to be with him as a GM as well as his present philosophy and scheme. outside of picking pass rushing DLs (hard to grow on trees), i have no beef with him in that area. most of these youngies should blossom. my beef again is with his SCHEME and philosophy. insanity is tryg the same crapp over and over and expecting different results. how many times since brady came bak (giants already exposed the weakness for the rest of the league) have we come out of the half with a lead and repeat the same stupidity of sunday. bomb after bomb to randy moss that ruins everything as teams inevitably adjust. would like us to come out and keep going to a hernandez and gronkowski. throwing to a TE makes you TOUGH in itself esp the ones we have or even better, lining up man to man and running the ball down others' throats...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Maybe I just don't want to buy it, but . . .
    I guess I'm giving the examples of BB still being a tough guy coach b/c I feel that the motivations for the teams 2nd half strategy don't follow from a weak schematic approach.  Like, maybe the fact that Faulk was out and Welker had his bell rung in the first half and disappeared in the second half allowed the Jets to come full blast.  Then, a down side of having our Givens-esque players being TEs instead of WRs is that they are in trying to help with blocking.  Now perhaps the threat of Moss is the best tactic for spreading the defense of the opposition back out.  After all, Moss is a good option, and he did have a couple of close ones on top of his TD in the first half.  Additionally, pressure on Brady makes going to a deep option that much more difficult, and exposing the problems in the running game.  I would really like to see better running.  BJGE is getting better.  I wonder if we will see more of Hernanez spread wide as the season goes on.  In the mean time, he's a 4th round rookie trying to adjust to the NFL, and his primary position is probably tough enough.
    My take is that BB is putting the personell in place to approach games more like how you are indicating, and that in the mean time he is doing the best with what he has.
    I have to admit that currently the Jets look a little further along in this style than the Patriots; however, when the Patriots were using this style to perfection they were very deep, deeper than the Jets are, and the Jets are going to have trouble maintaining this pace all season.  Crazy that they have made teams gun for them from the get-go and now they are already experiencing key injuries.
    The Patriots need some development to take place, and maybe another couple of players, but they will have good depth as this comes together.
    Again, one reason for this is the financial approach, which the Jets have really hurt themselves with, especially if the salary cap returns.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone tell me if this post is good reading? I opened it and saw how long it was and thought ah screw it maybe someone can summarize it for me.
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

LOL...does anyone have the crib notes...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

in last 9 away games on american soil, pats are 1-8. thats not good. thats a scheme and philosophy issue. pats need real coaches and coordinators with real titles and job descriptions. absolute power has corrupted bill absolutely! still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and a boy genius. he's not anymore! at least not with this scheme. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]NFL has changed. thats the problem. this is no longer a defensive game. It is all about passing. As you speak of that AFC title game in 2006, why did we lose? Oh thats right 2 FACEGUARDING PENALTIES!  Is that even a real rule?  This is a passing league and we are still transitioning to it on defense.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Passing is more exiting and exciting means TV ratings and gear sales which equals higher profit which is the reason the NFL ( or any pro sport ) exists.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]Indylove, be real.  the 06 playoff game was the biggest game in indy history - bigger than the SB - b/c of how good NE is and how much they have beaten Indy in the last decade even when no one else could.  Now you're going to pretend to be some cocky bastage like the poor Pats were just freakin out in your presence. If Contrarian's comment are right, then your Colts would have won the 07 SB if not for the poor scared Patriots beating them again. In Response to Re: HOW PEYTON MANNING DESTROYED OUR PATS + MADE THEM SOFT... :
    Posted by lightningbrain[/QUOTE]

lightingbrain - Just because the colts lost to the pats in 07 doesn't mean that the 3 games before didn't possibly have something to do with the pats changes in 2007.  Additionally, in 2007, the year the pats stormed through the league, the colts had a 10 point lead with under 10 minutes to play.  They lost Bob Sanders during that time which might have had something to do with why they ended up losing the game.  Regardless, the pats won.  I am not so shortsighted to believe that just because a team has beaten another 3 times in a row that it assumes they will do it again the next time.  Especially when that other team is the pats.

That said, I will remind you that the colts have beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times they've played.  The only pats win in the last 5 yrs vs the colts is that 07 win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

thats a scheme and philosophy issue.....

where's my cookie?Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, underdog.  Nice new screen name. The better response would be how Bill Polian destroyed our team by "emphasizing" pass interference and illegal contact, making our physical defense irrelevant.  Apparently having Earthwind Moreland, Randall Gay, and Tyrone Poole shut down his star-studded receiver-corps isn't good for the league, or jersey sales.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    If I had started thread, I'd have been banned immediately - again.  But love the title.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW PEYTON MANNING DESTROYED OUR PATS + MADE THEM SOFT... : Look it up, it is. Why do people live in the past. Answer: bad losers with no life. Snap out of it.
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

Bad answer. Face guarding is not an NFL rule. Why do people with the Internet at their fingertips choose to live in ignorance?