How Quickly They Forget

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

How Quickly They Forget

The entire NFL seems to be acting like it's a formality for this year's Bronco team to break the 2007 Patriots' scoring record and for Manning to break Brady's 50 TD record.

Through 9 games the Broncos have scored 371 points and Manning has thrown 33 TDs

Through 9 games the 2007 Patriots scored 355 points and Brady threw for 33 TDs.

The 2007 team couldn't keep up the pace over a full season.  We'll see if the Broncos can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: How Quickly They Forget

Their schedule has been pretty tepid so far. The second half has is somewhat more challenging.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The entire NFL seems to be acting like it's a formality for this year's Bronco team to break the 2007 Patriots' scoring record and for Manning to break Brady's 50 TD record.

Through 9 games the Broncos have scored 371 points and Manning has thrown 33 TDs

The 2007 team couldn't keep up the pace over a full season.  We'll see if the Broncos can.

[/QUOTE]

You noticed NONE of the media talking heads compared the Broncos stats to date with the Pats to date of 2007.  If they did, there would be some hesitation, but, there is a lot of Manning love out there.  Pats are an outdoor team as is Brady and they set the records they did.  The Broncos are an outdoor team, but, play in generally better weather than the Pats in late season and Manning does get undone in sloppy weather.  We shall see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I await with eager anticipation the KC/Broncs games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Patriots also had the pressure of an undefeated season, I think that played a bigger toll on the team then the scoring records.  If Horseface leg is ok and he doesn't miss any games he will get 51 or 52 td's this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I really like the Chiefs defensive front 7, but after Berry, I think that defensive backfield can be had. Simply not a Sean Smith nor a Brandon Flowers fan. The Chiefs offense, lets face it, scares no one...I think any team that puts up 20, beats the Chiefs.

I will put my name to it...I think the Chiefs lose the next 4 games. I think Indy beats them as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I will put my name to it...I think the Chiefs lose the next 4 games. I think Indy beats them as well

I could seem them losing 3 straight, but 4?  Washington is terrible. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I await with eager anticipation the KC/Broncs games. 

[/QUOTE]

Sunday night and Monday Nights game are going to be awesome.

The intriguing thing about the Broncos/KC is the the KC front 7 against the Denver O-line. The strength of the Chiefs is their pass rush and the weakness of the Broncos is their O-line. KC doesn't have to worry about a QB getting out of the pocket they will know exactly where Manning will be. This is the type of Game where Welker will be the most important player for Denver as Manning is going to have to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible or KC will end up with 5 plus sacks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see Washington putting up 20 plus points however, and I dont see KC having that ability

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see Washington putting up 20 plus points however, and I dont see KC having that ability

[/QUOTE]

The local high school team could put up 20+ on the Skins pathetic D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Good thread!

The Chiefs D'line is strong and KC need not to blitz. Manning will eat a blitz up. I'm certain that the Chiefs will need to score in the mid 20's for a chance at a W. Smith is a good game manager, seldom turns the ball over. Like Rusty says, if Arenas can even limit Welker and play 'close' man corners - that will disturb Manning. Mannings pass success is based on precision with WRs. His long ball is not as good now.

I'm LQQKing down the road a bit, when the Pats play the Broncos. Should the Pats show blitz, perhaps on long 2nd/3rd down? Allow the short underneath? I don't recall Manning being a great play action QB but he allows his precision recievers to do the action for him.

The key, is, however, don't be fooled ........

Sections
Shortcuts