HOW SOON BEFORE BB TRADES HOYER FOR A 1 OR 2.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

HOW SOON BEFORE BB TRADES HOYER FOR A 1 OR 2.

NEXT year restricted free agent.
    during this year, end of year, during next year or end of next year?
    of course the more he plays, the more value he will have for a trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: HOW SOON BEFORE BB TRADES HOYER FOR A 1 OR 2.

How long? Until he finds some idiot stupid enough to give up a one (LOL) or a two (lol) for him. That should be about the time hell freezes over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: HOW SOON BEFORE BB TRADES HOYER FOR A 1 OR 2.:
    [QUOTE]How long? Until he finds some idiot stupid enough to give up a one (LOL) or a two (lol) for him. That should be about the time hell freezes over.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

dreaming big.
    gotta be better than a 4
    hope we dont trade hiim till we can get a 2 and mallet could stand in.
    but yeah, a 3 is more reasonable. but lets see how good he might get and how desperate teams that need a qb get?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

hoyer is coming along much quicker than cassel did so i would wait for a 2 at minimum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Would want a second, but at this point, thats a lot for a team to give up.  3rd is more realistic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Would want a second, but at this point, thats a lot for a team to give up.  3rd is more realistic
    Posted by patswirelessfan[/QUOTE]

Good point...That is why the Patriots need to hold on to him.....To showcase his talents during the season while he is playing the "mop up" role

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think he'll stick with the Pats at least this season. Can see next offseason to next season if a QB goes down and BB gets a call and a good offer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Hey brdbreu -  didnt mean to step on your thread with my "back-up Qb posting"
    ( didnt see yours until just now )

My guess is Hoyers worth would start at @ a 4th 
    - but then again who thought Charlie Whitehirst was worth anything

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Come on, really now?  Hoyer wont be going anywhere and certainly not for a one or two. This was a preseason game against the Jags.  No team in their right mind will be thinking of giving up a one or two based off one half of a preseason game against the Jags.  I'm not saying Hoyer is bad or anything like that, as a matter of fact I never thought too much about him in the past but I will say now I'm at least feeling promise for the guy.  He keeps it up and maybe he will be traid bait next season.  Maybe!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Hoyer has been very good in every preseason of his career and also in limited regular season snaps (Miami game last year).  It's not just half of the Jacksonville game.  If you look at what the Eagles got for Kolb, who has incredibly mediocre stats in very limited action, then its not crazy at all to think Hoyer could bring at least a 2 in the future if he continues to build some buzz, as he has been over the past year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Cassel had a season to play QB. People had tape on him. Hoyer might be a tougher sell to trade partners.

If I am NE I would at least try to resign him. That gives them the best set of options going forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Hoyer will stay till Bill can get a 2nd for him minimum...maybe a 1st...think about iy people....QB is the most critical position in football, he's learning under the best in the game as well as in a complicated offensive style program which means he's smart....he's played well & beat out guys for the back up role drafted higher than him already...he's shown he can perform at a pro level already & look who teams picked up thi past draft with 1st rounders that have never played in the NFL.....a 1st is VERY reasonable & I would not be shocked if we got one...also, he doesn't come with a 17 million dollar franchise tag either....much lower risk for a QB hungry team that is looking......watch...you'll see....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No way Hoyer goes for #1 or #2 unless he plays a full year like Cassell did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

remember, Schaub had played 2 nfl games in 3 seasons and was dealt for 2 2nds and a swap of first rounders. Charlie Whitehurst had 0 nfl regular season snaps in 4 years, and was traded for a 2nd rounder. If not for the 16 mil hit from Cassel, it was speculated the pats were looking for a 1st rounder for him. They accepted the high 2nd, and cap relief from the 16 mil hit and vrabel's salary. There was talk of denver offering their 1st for him that draft, but wouldn't take vrabel and the pats declined due to the cap hit from the higher pick and lack of cap relief.
    All it takes is 1 team wanting the qb and willing to pay the price the team is asking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Hey brdbreu -  didnt mean to step on your thread with my "back-up Qb posting" ( didnt see yours until just now )   My guess is Hoyers worth would start at @ a 4th  - but then again who thought Charlie Whitehirst was worth anything
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

hey captain,
    no worries at all.
    i'd hold him till there was a need and he looks valuable in eyes of others, but before 2013 draft

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Hoyer will stay till Bill can get a 2nd for him minimum...maybe a 1st...think about iy people....QB is the most critical position in football, he's learning under the best in the game as well as in a complicated offensive style program which means he's smart....he's played well & beat out guys for the back up role drafted higher than him already...he's shown he can perform at a pro level already & look who teams picked up thi past draft with 1st rounders that have never played in the NFL.....a 1st is VERY reasonable & I would not be shocked if we got one...also, he doesn't come with a 17 million dollar franchise tag either....much lower risk for a QB hungry team that is looking......watch...you'll see....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

"Hoyer will stay till Bill can get a 2nd for him minimum"
    thats my hope, we hold him till we at least get second

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]remember, Schaub had played 2 nfl games in 3 seasons and was dealt for 2 2nds and a swap of first rounders. Charlie Whitehurst had 0 nfl regular season snaps in 4 years, and was traded for a 2nd rounder. If not for the 16 mil hit from Cassel, it was speculated the pats were looking for a 1st rounder for him. They accepted the high 2nd, and cap relief from the 16 mil hit and vrabel's salary. There was talk of denver offering their 1st for him that draft, but wouldn't take vrabel and the pats declined due to the cap hit from the higher pick and lack of cap relief. All it takes is 1 team wanting the qb and willing to pay the price the team is asking.
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

thank jrm!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hoyer will be around all year, eventually I do think he'll be traded, a second rounder might be a reach but we'll see. It's a nice problem to have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

funny i think after this season seattle will need another QB

Sections
Shortcuts