How Soon before Ellis signs with the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

How Soon before Ellis signs with the Pats?

Today or Tomorrow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: How Soon before Ellis signs with the Pats?

after the paris lenon signing,probably unlikely.even though there are rumors the pats may still sign an OLB,I just cant see it with 12 draft picks still needing to be signed,but who knows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

after the paris lenon signing,probably unlikely.even though there are rumors the pats may still sign an OLB,I just cant see it with 12 draft picks still needing to be signed,but who knows.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Ellis fits the Mold perfectly for the Pats, he's an over 30 vet(which BB loves), a Parcells pick, a DE and LB, a Pro bowl player that can be had for not much more than the minimum.  I have a really hard time not seeing the Pats pick him up, and I don't see too many teams offering much for Ellis.  I also see Ellis wanting a ring.  We'll just have to see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Ellis fits the Mold perfectly for the Pats, he's an over 30 vet(which BB loves), a Parcells pick, a DE and LB, a Pro bowl player that can be had for not much more than the minimum.  I have a really hard time not seeing the Pats pick him up, and I don't see too many teams offering much for Ellis.  I also see Ellis wanting a ring.  We'll just have to see.
    Posted by Grogan77

SG-I agree with you on all points.  I would feel more comfortable if they brought him in.  That would set the roster for me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I think if BB wants Ellis then he can get him.  I know the Cap is an issue, but you never know wht BB has up his sleeve.  I could see him trading some veteran such as Jarvis Green (Already have Wright, Smith, and Darryl Richard as backups), Kazcur (O'Callaghan and Vollmer) and even Neal (Yates, Al Johnson, and Ohrnberger) We'll see though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I think if BB wants Ellis then he can get him.  I know the Cap is an issue, but you never know wht BB has up his sleeve.  I could see him trading some veteran such as Jarvis Green (Already have Wright, Smith, and Darryl Richard as backups), Kazcur (O'Callaghan and Vollmer) and even Neal (Yates, Al Johnson, and Ohrnberger) We'll see though.
    Posted by titletownfan

Ellis was released from the Cowboys, so he can sign with any team.  No trade involved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

he is gonna sign right after jason taylor is signed......heard about that for two months and then what do you know there are thirty other teams that are in the need of players. Why every time a vet player is released Pats fans think they are on the first flight to New England? I can understand why being a Pats fan. I have seen what the FO has done with with several vet signings over the last few years. But Why get all hard up for every single half decent released vet. There is a salary cap for a reasson also The team usually drafts pretty good why not let things playout and wait until they put pads on before we fans say we need another player, Let the players we have slug it out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

he is gonna sign right after jason taylor is signed......heard about that for two months and then what do you know there are thirty other teams that are in the need of players. Why every time a vet player is released Pats fans think they are on the first flight to New England? I can understand why being a Pats fan. I have seen what the FO has done with with several vet signings over the last few years. But Why get all hard up for every single half decent released vet. There is a salary cap for a reasson also The team usually drafts pretty good why not let things playout and wait until they put pads on before we fans say we need another player, Let the players we have slug it out
    Posted by bchan89

Every long time Patsfan should know that BB has a long history of signing veterans that have been cut from their former teams for younger talent or were just considered washed up. Ex. Rodney Harrision, Cox, Phifer, Seau, etc.  So as a Patsfan we have to consider history with the Patriots decisions of the past to speculate on potential new players coming to NE.  Ellis meets the criteria hands down.  I find it quite boring to talk about players like Ocho Cinco who have zero chance of signing with NE in 2009. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Ellis was released from the Cowboys, so he can sign with any team.  No trade involved.
    Posted by Grogan77

My bad Grogan, I should have clarified.  I suggested in a separate move to clear some cap space for him and the draft picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

The Patriots did cut TWO players....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by bchan89
    The reason why as Patriots fans we think that every player worth having is on the first plane to Boston is because they usually are, the only ones who don't contact BB first are the money hungry types and the Super star types who generally could care less about team concept,but the guys who are in it to win it as a rule seek out the Patriots first,ask Fred Taylor,Shawn Springs,Leigh Bodden,Nathan Hodel,Chris Baker,Al Johnson,Joey Galloway and the other free agents that the Patriots have signed just this off season,all of the above have at least 1 Pro Bowl appearence and have been contributors to teams across the NFL and all they see is the Patriots as a winning organization and to quote the Agent for Paris Lenon the most recent acquisition his client signed with the Patriots because he will finally be playing for a winner!!!!!!!So now you know the reason why we as Patriot fans believe that all the really good players want to be here in Boston,27 new faces to the team not counting the draft choices.....They all can't be wrong.I think the proper anology would be that as long as BB and Tom Brady are at the helm the team motto for incoming Veterans is "Carpe Diem",QB's and head coaches of this calibre are not always aligned on the same team...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Posted by Grogan77

Uh, no he wasn't.  He is still on the Boys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Uh, no he wasn't.  He is still on the Boys.
    Posted by m1020us

Looks like I misread, according to Dallas News Ellis was told to stay home and Jerry Jones said Ellis would play elsewhere in 2009.  The Cowboys will save a ton of cap space when they cut Ellis, so it is pretty much a forgone conclusion as I doubt any teams will trade for 34 year old Ellis and take the cap hit.  Make sense as I was wondering why no teams(especially the Pats) haven't made a move so far.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/052709dnspocowellis.1bc61d66.html

Sections
Shortcuts