How the Jets can save the Pat's legacy... at least for one more year...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: How the Jets can save the Pat's legacy... at least for one more year...

I have little respect for Ben and you're right, I don't want to see the Steelers win another for legacy reasons. 

I'd be rooting for the Jets but there was just a bit too much classless trash talking before and after the game. The "sore winners" thing really bothers me. Let me be clear I am not implying the Pats are always classy as we all know that is a fiction. I just didn't like the constant verbal jabs, and that makes me want to see the Jets lose very badly. So I'm not sure I can root for either team. But I can tell you I will be thrilled to see one of them lose. 

On the other hand a Super Bowl loss can be even more painful so it could work out that one of the Steelers or the Jets loses very painfully in the Super Bowl which would be wonderful also. 

For that reason I guess I"ll lean slightly to the Jets over Steelers to see the Jets get hammered by the Packers in the Super Bowl. I see the Packers smashing whichever AFC team they play. However if Chicago beats the Packers, then I can see either AFC team beating Chicago. 

That's how I see it for now. I feel fortunate that the NFC is likely to put up some real competition this year as they did last year with a great Saints team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Packers are wining the SB no matter what. They are the only top 5 in offense and defense team in the final 4. 

So, the Jets and Steelers can both jump of the biggest building in both NY and Pittsburgh. Personally, I'd prefer the Jets to beat the Steelers and make the SB only to get their arses kicked on the biggest stage. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

No.  I hope the Steelers quash the Jets and their classless big mouths. I couldn't care less about the Steelers being the new best team. The Pats haven't won the SB since 2005 so that dynasty is history. They need to retool to start a new one, and that is what this year was part of. I also believe the Packers are the best team this year, and would have beaten the Pats in the SB if they made it. We(Pats) barely beat them without Rodgers. With him, he would run around and tear up the Pats young DB's. especially since the lack of pass rush even made Sanchez look like Joe Montana

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to How the Jets can save the Pat's legacy... at least for one more year...:
    [QUOTE]Guys, All jokes aside, I hate the Steelers, and I was cheering for the Pats that night when you crushed them ... having said that, wouldn't cheering for the Jets this weekend preserve the three championships the Pats won, since a 3rd by Big Ben would surplant what the Pats did earlier in the 2000's, and make the Steelers the greater franchise with 7 Super Bowls? Is your hatred worth letting Bathroom Ben being the premiere QB in the league at 28? Just a thought
    Posted by Jetsfan1969[/QUOTE]

I'd root and pull for the Steelers any day over the jests, and whose to say if the the Steelers make it to the SB, they would win. I don't many Pats fans would care if they have 7 SBs, as long as the jests drought keeps going.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Perfectly understandable hatred for greater New Jersey aside, I actually think it would be funny to see the league forced to hold Roethlisberger up as one of its shining lights -- knowing all the while that, in real life, he's a contemptible pig. We saw how quickly things like illegal gambling and animal abuse were conveniently back-burnered while Michael Vick was making his run at a potential MVP season. I for one, would be wildly amused to watch the league ignoring the larger implication of (alleged) serial date rape in favor of a good "redemption" story.

Maybe this is exactly what the NFL needs. Maybe it's had enough of consumate professionals like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, and it's time to usher in the era of absentee fathers and barely literate mouth-runners who threaten their opponents livelihoods in the name of "gamesmanship." Maybe the time has come for a guy who sees nothing wrong with taking advantage of inebriated, underage girls to be the face of the NFL.

Or maybe the league will get lucky and the NFC will win the Super Bowl this year . . .

But somebody should really tell Aaron Rodgers that "title belt" routine makes him look like an idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: How the Jets can save the Pat's legacy... at least for one more year...:
    [QUOTE]. Or maybe the league with get lucky and the NFC will win the Super Bowl this year . . .Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

LOL, they won it last year, and have a great chance to win it again this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to How the Jets can save the Pat's legacy... at least for one more year...:
    [QUOTE]Guys, All jokes aside, I hate the Steelers, and I was cheering for the Pats that night when you crushed them ... having said that, wouldn't cheering for the Jets this weekend preserve the three championships the Pats won, since a 3rd by Big Ben would surplant what the Pats did earlier in the 2000's, and make the Steelers the greater franchise with 7 Super Bowls? Is your hatred worth letting Bathroom Ben being the premiere QB in the league at 28? Just a thought

You make an argument that would be compelling except for one thing.  The last two years.  Sorry, the Jets were a rival before, it was kind of fun, even though aggravating.  Not anymore.  Your coach, although I have come to appreciate his schematic ability, has made your team into something I loathe and despise.  I used to dislike the Ravens, and this is what your team has become.  If you don't agree, that is fine with me, I get that as a fan some of this stuff may be appealing to you, at least they aren't beaten down now.  But I can't root for them.  So, I have to pick a team that I used to hate, that has now become the lesser evil.  Sad, but there you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Polamalu is my favorite non-Patriot, and he speaks the truth to power on the league's contradictory stances on player safety

To a limited extent, I even sympathize somewhat with Harrison.

Roethlisberger is respectable enough on the field.  Hopefully my boy Hines Ward cleans out Cromartie or Revis so they don't have to fake the injuries anymore

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

GO STEELERS !

Even if Tomlinson was ...god forbid ... a Patriot , I couldn't bring myself to root for that piece of dung .

The enemy of my enemy is my friend
    ( at least for this week )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I want the Steelers to embarrass the Jets, and then the packers to beat the steelers. Under no circumstance would I root for the jets. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

Sorry Jetsfan, you seem like a reasonable fan but ... never in a million years would I wish the Jets to win.  They've become what I absolutely loathe ... thugs in NFL uniforms.  They talked trash about the Pats all week, and even threatened Wes Welker, knowing it's the Pats' policy to not retaliate.  Even after they won, they continued to flap their gums with their derogatory comments about the Pats' defense (who by the way did stop them quite adequately in December).  Notice how they didn't talk trash about the Steelers this week.  They probably know that if you do that to other thugs like Ryan Clark or Hines Ward, you pay for it physically.

I hate the Steelers, too, but I want them to absolutely crush the Jets so I can see that fat azz coach, Sanchez and Fireman Ed all cry.  I would love to see them mock that stupid airplane celebration dance every time they score a touchdown ... Then, I would love to see the Packers crush the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

And THEN the Packers bus home BURSTS INTO FLAMES!  Revenge for 1996.