How the Pats and Jets are different

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

How the Pats and Jets are different

So, I guess it's still the slow season. Anyway, ESPN is doing a poll to pick the most memorable play in franchise history for every team. In the Pats case, the fans picked the Vinatieri 45 yd FG in the Snow Bowl, followed closely by his kick to win the SB a few weeks later.

In the Jets poll, the top vote getter (by far) was the Butt Fumble. Must suck to be a Jet fan...

As an aside: As much as those Vinatieri kicks were awesome, my favorite would have been Ben Watson running down Champ Bailey, followed by Troy Brown's lateral to Antwan Harris off the blocked FG vs. Pitt, honorable mention to Bryan Cox hammering Jerome Pathon. Can't forget McGinest stuffing Edgerrin James...and about fifty more. Not a play exactly, but the Pats coming out as a team in the SB was pretty great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: How the Pats and Jets are different

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, I guess it's still the slow season. Anyway, ESPN is doing a poll to pick the most memorable play in franchise history for every team. In the Pats case, the fans picked the Vinatieri 45 yd FG in the Snow Bowl, followed closely by his kick to win the SB a few weeks later.

In the Jets poll, the top vote getter (by far) was the Butt Fumble. Must suck to be a Jet fan...

As an aside: As much as those Vinatieri kicks were awesome, my favorite would have been Ben Watson running down Champ Bailey, followed by Troy Brown's lateral to Antwan Harris off the blocked FG vs. Pitt, honorable mention to Bryan Cox hammering Jerome Pathon. Can't forget McGinest stuffing Edgerrin James...and about fifty more. Not a play exactly, but the Pats coming out as a team in the SB was pretty great.

[/QUOTE]

That was pretty awesome!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gotta give Jets fans credit for having a sense of humor about their team! Some Pats fans should take notice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

didn't see it what was Giants one? If u saw it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

I had no idea where you were going with this thread title.  The Jets are one of the most embarrassing franchises in sports history.  They have been around since 1960 and literally have very little to show with anything. No SBs since the merger, only two division titles since the merger, and their best HOFer is actually not a very good QB if you look at the stats.

This is why Bustchise comes here. He knows this and wants so badly what we have been given and continue to receive.

We have so many great moments and even with some disappointments, a Jets fan would kill to have a sniff of a chance to even dream of getting to the dance with a legit shot.

Even their AFC title games in 2009 or 2010 for example or 1982 vs Miami, everyone knew they'd lose. Their entire existence as a franchise is a mirage and fraud. It has got to be painful to know that.

I always laugh when Rex Ryan or Idzik say "he plays like a Jet" or "Jets football".  Umm, what exactly does that mean? Talk a lot, mouth off and then suck when it's all said and done?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was pretty awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Some great memories! I got chills when they were announced as a team and this actually increased my feelings ten fold they were going to win that game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't check, but I'm guessing it was some fluke play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Can't forget McGinest stuffing Edgerrin James...

[/QUOTE]

Loved that play, McGinest hurt his leg prior to that and came back and made a big time stop.  One of my favorite Patriot players of all time.

Poor Jets fans, the will always have to hear about the buttfumble!  Hahaha! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What?  I guess the big weekend started at the liquor store.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

That was pretty awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Best ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the team, but it had to have been Gronk's first season. He catches a dart from TB and dragged the safety into the end-zone. The poor guy was hanging on to Gronk's right leg for dear life, an Gronk one-legged it over the line. He sure is a lot of fun to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can't forget McGinest stuffing Edgerrin James...

[/QUOTE]

Loved that play, McGinest hurt his leg prior to that and came back and made a big time stop.  One of my favorite Patriot players of all time.

Poor Jets fans, the will always have to hear about the buttfumble!  Hahaha! 

[/QUOTE]

Those puukes deserve it. It's the greatest blooper in sports history. It makes the ball bouncing off goofy Canseco's head for a homerun look like child's play.

Sanchez is the only QB to try to commit suicide on national tv while playing a sport. Congrats, Marky Mark!

Where is Bustchise?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dad's going to be upset… he went to the liquor store before he cut the lawn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no that would be your Mom then on to room 6 at the local motor lodge

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah followed by the raising of the Lombardi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SMH… I knew you were tool bag but this is even a new low for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're 47 years old and resorting to mom jokes on a Pats board as a Giants fan.

Get help and get it now while you still can. My god.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

it was mannings press conference where no reporters showed up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL mom jokes? I swear, the guy does this on purpose because he gets some sort of thrill from making a fool out of himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Elementary my dear Watson...the Jets suck and the Pats are great.

Easy question!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL mom jokes? I swear, the guy does this on purpose because he gets some sort of thrill from making a fool out of himself.

[/QUOTE]

in the off season one has to amuse oneself any way possible...and Mother jokes never really go out of style after all

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're 47 years old and resorting to mom jokes on a Pats board as a Giants fan.

Get help and get it now while you still can. My god.

[/QUOTE]

would it be a little better if I were 46?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

LOL

I had no idea where you were going with this thread title.  The Jets are one of the most embarrassing franchises in sports history.  They have been around since 1960 and literally have very little to show with anything. No SBs since the merger, only two division titles since the merger, and their best HOFer is actually not a very good QB if you look at the stats.

This is why Bustchise comes here. He knows this and wants so badly what we have been given and continue to receive.

We have so many great moments and even with some disappointments, a Jets fan would kill to have a sniff of a chance to even dream of getting to the dance with a legit shot.

Even their AFC title games in 2009 or 2010 for example or 1982 vs Miami, everyone knew they'd lose. Their entire existence as a franchise is a mirage and fraud. It has got to be painful to know that.

I always laugh when Rex Ryan or Idzik say "he plays like a Jet" or "Jets football".  Umm, what exactly does that mean? Talk a lot, mouth off and then suck when it's all said and done?

[/QUOTE]

oh poor Crusty.....his genius BB got out coached in every sense by the supposedly bad coach Rex Ryan. After the thanksgiving day rout, he was so confident that his butt buddy BB would do it again, he had no idea that Rex and the jets would embarrass his team so badly in that playoff game. he'll never get over that.  Rex should be fired if they don't do well this year but what about BB and his never-ending regular season glory and playoff flops? It's always Brady's fault but NEVER EVER his butt hole fave BB's fault for putting together a sub-par D.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good God you're a loser.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Different  as in Geno Smith predicts a Super Bowl this year while TB says nothing like it. I swear truth is stranger than fiction?