How the Pats and Jets are different

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: How the Pats and Jets are different

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, I guess it's still the slow season. Anyway, ESPN is doing a poll to pick the most memorable play in franchise history for every team. In the Pats case, the fans picked the Vinatieri 45 yd FG in the Snow Bowl, followed closely by his kick to win the SB a few weeks later.

In the Jets poll, the top vote getter (by far) was the Butt Fumble. Must suck to be a Jet fan...

As an aside: As much as those Vinatieri kicks were awesome, my favorite would have been Ben Watson running down Champ Bailey, followed by Troy Brown's lateral to Antwan Harris off the blocked FG vs. Pitt, honorable mention to Bryan Cox hammering Jerome Pathon. Can't forget McGinest stuffing Edgerrin James...and about fifty more. Not a play exactly, but the Pats coming out as a team in the SB was pretty great.

[/QUOTE]

"Not a play exactly, but the Pats coming out as a team in the SB was pretty great."

There are so many to pick from it's hard to choose a #1.  But regarding this one, "Not a play exactly, but the Pats coming out as a team in the SB was pretty great."  That was totally awesome!  I was so proud of the team when they did that.  I also felt at that very point they were going to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bruschi's interception against Miami in the snow was pretty cool. The Troy Brown lateral against Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game was awesome. Brady hitting Branch on a play action fake over Palumalu early in another AFC Championship on the road...and watching that entire stadium have a look of shock on their faces will always stick out in my mind. That was the game where Brady had an IV in him at his hotel the night before the game. Ty Law's interception on Warner in the Super Bowl was awesome, that was when the whole world realized...jeez the Patriots are going to beat these guys. I was at training camp the day they signed Bryan Cox - Pioli walked out onto the field with a huge smile on his face to talk to Belichick - you could hear him say we got him! Which must of been music to Belichick's ears because the team he was coaching on that field that day looked like one that was going to win 6 games again. I think I can still watch the last five minutes of the Super Bowl against Carolina and bite my nails off, my wife was days away from having our second baby and I nearly sent her into labor when Brady through that pick late in that game. So many good memories in the first five years of Belichick's time here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I was going to say that the difference is Brady and BB. However on 2nd thought, Parcells took the Jets to great seasons, Parcells took the Pats to the SB and Rex took the Jets to the AFCCCG twice. So it appears that for the difference between the Pats or the Jets, it is Brady

O know many Jets fans who have wondered if...Pennington would have been as good as Brady...or even better, if the Jets had Brady