How the Postseason O can Improve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: How the Postseason O can Improve

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Volmer has been iffy at right tackle...iffy. His first season he was left tackle and looked great.

I ain't seen him do squat at right. And remember this, there ain't no 300 lb linemen in the NFL with bad backs. He's likely done.

Iffy? When healthy, easily the best RT in the AFC.  No one has any idea what you're talking about.  

Hmmmm...you are probably right, there are only 2 types of people in the world....those that know I get it....and those that don't know what the puck is going on....

Vollmer missed what 25% of the season with a bad back? And a blind man on a street corner can see he still ain't right.

His first 2 seasons at Left Tackle were far better than his last 2 at right.

This guy could easily go the same way Kazur did....bad backs mean the end of the road. He had trouble with it in College, trouble last year and trouble this.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The number 1 issue with our offense being so incredibly lackluster against the Ravens was the void that was created with the loss of Gronk.  We couldn't consitently convert which we could have done much better with him in the lineup, and the running game suffered because Gronk is the best run blocker on our team.  Aside from that, having a deep threat to prevent defenses from moving up on us so much would go a very long way as well.  So I agree with you.  As for Ballard, he more than anyone would have helped greatly with the loss of Gronk if he was playing this year.  Great hands, gread red zone threat, and great run blocker.  There's your #2. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the postseason O can improve if brady can play even 80% as well as he does in the regular season. i was excited after the texans game because brady had a great game and i thought he was turning around his playoff woes of late. turns out it was wrong. would gronk or ballard have helped? absolutely....but they had all week to gameplan knowing gronk wasnt going to play, and they put up 41 on the texans without gronk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they put up 41 on the texans without gronk.

This is not a relevant point imo.  The Texans had a completely different defensive strategy than Baltimore and it played right into NE's hands.  Brady has always owned Wade's blitz heavy schemes.  In addition the Texans were poor against the hurry up.  The Pats tried multiple times to quick snap on runs to Ridley and he got absolutely stuffed on most of them.  Baltimore had a much different game plan per my original post.  The Patriots have been vulnerable to this type of defense in the past and it wasn't any better this year.  Not many teams have the personnel to do what Baltimore did which is why all of this talk about how the O played without Gronk is sort of a moot point imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they put up 41 on the texans without gronk.

This is not a relevant point imo.  The Texans had a completely different defensive strategy than Baltimore and it played right into NE's hands.  Brady has always owned Wade's blitz heavy schemes.  In addition the Texans were poor against the hurry up.  The Pats tried multiple times to quick snap on runs to Ridley and he got absolutely stuffed on most of them.  Baltimore had a much different game plan per my original post.  The Patriots have been vulnerable to this type of defense in the past and it wasn't any better this year.  Not many teams have the personnel to do what Baltimore did which is why all of this talk about how the O played without Gronk is sort of a moot point imo.

im not saying houston's defense is is any way comparable to baltimore's defense. all im saying is that they were able to put up plenty of points on a playoff caliber defense the week before and noone cared that gronk was out because vereen was going to replace him easily....now that they lost, everyone wants to say that it was because gronk wasnt there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Generally, if you can't run the ball and your receivers can't get open you are probably going to have a bad day.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Volmer has been iffy at right tackle...iffy. His first season he was left tackle and looked great.

I ain't seen him do squat at right. And remember this, there ain't no 300 lb linemen in the NFL with bad backs. He's likely done.

Iffy? When healthy, easily the best RT in the AFC.  No one has any idea what you're talking about.  

Hmmmm...you are probably right, there are only 2 types of people in the world....those that know I get it....and those that don't know what the puck is going on....

Vollmer missed what 25% of the season with a bad back? And a blind man on a street corner can see he still ain't right.

This guy could easily go the same way Kazur did....bad backs mean the end of the road. He had trouble with it in College, trouble last year and trouble this.

He didn't play LT, exclusively.  He filled in for Light at LT for a minimal amount of time while Light got healthy in 2009. You don't even know what side of the field he's on and you're attempting to lecture me? lol

I wasn't talking about health, either. When he was healthy, clearly he was a dominant RT.  Arguably the best in the NFL this year, and certainly the AFC.

If they deem his back not a sure thing moving forward, then that's one thing. But, to say he wasn't good is preposterous.

Don't be doing that....I never said he wasn't good. I said he was clearly better at Left than right and that this year he was iffy. By iffy I mean he got turned quite a bit.

He don't look right(no pun intended) to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Are you saying he missed 25% this season??? I believe he started 15 of 16 games and was mostly dominate throughout the year. He is rated mong the leagues highest RT's this year.

He missed one total game but was subbed for heavily early in the season. Several game he went to the bench fairly quickly. Starting games doesn't mean playing 60 full minutes, he sat a lot.

Look, I wish he was 100% healthy. I also like his movement at Left Tackle better. He's also not himself, again, I wish he was.

Don't be shocked if he's not back (no pun intended)

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Exactly.  And no one is even looking for 30+ points either. How about 20?  25?  I mean, all of a sudden, this is something that is irrational to ask for when Brady isn't able to lead the offense in doing it.

13 points is absolutely unacceptable for output for this offense at home with or without Gronk.

You didn't seem to be happy with the 23 points we put up in last year's title game.  That point aside the point of this thread was not to excuse the poor play of the offense, but rather to try and debate what kinds of personnel moves might make the offense more effective against the type of defensive strategy Baltimore was able to deploy on Sunday night.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Kind of like talibs hamstring and hip,  and gronks arm, and ballards knees.

People wake up and don't count on players to be healthy when they have these kinds of chronic health problems. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hartline, Jennings or Earl Bennett (if released). 

I do find it somehow pathetic that there is this built in concept, one that started in 2007 when Brady's cast was loaded, as it is now, where this mystery opposite flanker to Lloyd somehow change things.

Personally, I think part of the reason why BB isn't caving to Welker is because he sees the addiction just like he did with Moss.   How many interior plays do we need to run?   Why is load running 5 -10 yard slants all the time?

If Brady is going to stare down binkies over the middle, obsesed with only throwing to them and not throwing to the perimeters, not wanting to set up playaction under center, etc, it wouldn't matter if Jerry Rice was opposite Lloyd in 2013.

The fact is, Baltimore knows Brady prefers to wait on a Welker or Hernandez to shake coverage as he expects top notch protection, waiting on it.

LOL the King has returned.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

1. Get receivers who can get open.

2. Get runners that can average at least the NFL average.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Exactly.  And no one is even looking for 30+ points either. How about 20?  25?  I mean, all of a sudden, this is something that is irrational to ask for when Brady isn't able to lead the offense in doing it.

13 points is absolutely unacceptable for output for this offense at home with or without Gronk.

You didn't seem to be happy with the 23 points we put up in last year's title game.  That point aside the point of this thread was not to excuse the poor play of the offense, but rather to try and debate what kinds of personnel moves might make the offense more effective against the type of defensive strategy Baltimore was able to deploy on Sunday night.

I felt the Brady INTs made the game a lot closer than it should have been last year with the 23 points, yes.

Here's a question: Do you celebrate when Brady throws INTs, especially ones that are avoidable or sloppy?

I gave you my take on what moves should be made, but I also feel it needs mentioning, that if Brady doesn't become better/more focused with attacking the perimeter more so than he has, running more traditional base set plays (under center, play action, etc), agaisnt the superior Ds, nothing will change.

It's an approach problem not a talent problem.  Just look at how NE attacked Houston and compare it to Baltimore.

Brady's main flaws were this:

1. He forgot to target more personnel in the first half. Branch, Hooman and Fells weren't targeted at all.  If you don't show that you will use the personnel, by drawing up plays that a player does well, then it's too obvious later when a player is subbed in or out. See Matt Slater subbed in last year on that INT by Brady in the end zone. 

2. He never went deep at all to show that they could and will go deep, to force Baltimore to respect it.

Show it all in the first half. They had the run game, but they then turned away from it in the 3rd qtr.

once again your analysis is extremely flawed and totaly bogus.

He didn't forget to target any one.  They did not go heavy TE sets. Hooman only played in 16 snaps and was used as a blocker, Fells only played in 30 snaps( some blocking) and didn't return after the 4th series.  Hard to target people while they are on the bench and are being used as blockers. HE DOESN"T SEND OUT FORMATIONS and your failure to admit that proves you are a total fraud and troll.

TB went deep 4 times in the first half.  Only one was caught. He also went deep a few times in the second half with only one caught.

They did not abandon the run in fact in the first series of the 4th qtr, 4 of 5 plays were runs until the FUMBLE.

Once again your distorted opinions are based on NON-TRUTHS! 

So.... is your opinion based on truth or bias?  The answer is very obvious.

Two types of people in the world???  LOL!

How about those that see the truth and those very minute few who share your bias.

Recievers need to catch... a < 50% completion is not good.  Bread basket drops are not good.

Rushers need to rush, a 3.8 ypc is not good.

Defenders need defend...0% RZ stands and t/o's are not good.

LEARN THE GAME!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I had many options, but I listen to my fans. hehe

You're avatar is perfect for you and describes you to a T.

A fictional, "plastic caricature" who became an internet joke and was eventually dropped because most people were revolted by him.

When CP+B took over the advertising account of Burger King in 2003,[19] They began devising a caricatured variation of the Burger King character from the Burger King Kingdom advertising campaign, now simply called "the King".[20] During the use of CP+B's new version of the King, ads generated significant word of mouth for its new use of what various trade publications and Internet articles labeled "the Creepy King persona, an appellation that BK came to favor and CP+B used in its ads.[21] The farcical nature of the program led to the King becoming an internet meme portrayed with jokes about his huge head, and frequently  as a fiend with monstrous intents, often accompanied with the catchphrase "Where is your God now?".[22] However, the use of the king failed to provide a consistent message regarding the company and its products. Upon the take over of Burger King by 3G Capital in 2010, the company terminated its relationship with CP+B and in August 2011 Burger King announced that character would be retired as the primary mascot for the brand.[20]

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

I had many options, but I listen to my fans. hehe

You're avatar is perfect for you and describes you to a T.

A fictional, "plastic caricature" who became an internet joke and was eventually dropped because most people were revolted by him.

When CP+B took over the advertising account of Burger King in 2003,[19] They began devising a caricatured variation of the Burger King character from the Burger King Kingdom advertising campaign, now simply called "the King".[20] During the use of CP+B's new version of the King, ads generated significant word of mouth for its new use of what various trade publications and Internet articles labeled "the Creepy King persona, an appellation that BK came to favor and CP+B used in its ads.[21] The farcical nature of the program led to the King becoming an internet meme portrayed with jokes about his huge head, and frequently  as a fiend with monstrous intents, often accompanied with the catchphrase "Where is your God now?".[22] However, the use of the king failed to provide a consistent message regarding the company and its products. Upon the take over of Burger King by 3G Capital in 2010, the company terminated its relationship with CP+B and in August 2011 Burger King announced that character would be retired as the primary mascot for the brand.[20]

Burger King isn't known for making good decisions.  Getting rid of the King was a major blunder.  lol

Your avatar is also quite striking. Brady has his hands in his pants.  We know you  like that.

bawahaha

The major blunder was adopting a campaign that most people perceived as NEGATIVE and CREEPY.   Just like you!

My avatar was to honor Seau who had just passed, but of course and as usual, all you see is Brady and not the other half of the picture!

25. This post has been removed.