How to Beat the Patriots for Dummies...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: How to Beat the Patriots for Dummies...

Throw at Wilhite

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: How to Beat the Patriots for Dummies...:
    [QUOTE] this week matt light comes back, vollmer out injured, and voila! brady is far less productive than he was in indy, particularly in the second half he was constantly hurried and pressured... Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

Even worse, LeVoir was rotating with Light much of the game. Light has his strengths and weaknesses, but LeVoir isn't even close to a starting-quality left tackle. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Why are you posting this here?

What if an NFL coach sees this? 

The Patriots will never win another football game again!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to How to Beat the Patriots for Dummies...:
    [QUOTE]Seems like every head coach in the league has a "how to beat the patriots for Dummies" text book now. Its actually becoming more noticable and easily to duplicate for most teams (average to above average teams.) 1. Blitz Tom Brady - use 5-8 man blitz packages continuously 2. Stop the short slant passes 3. Use a good balance of running plays to limit the Patriots time of possession 4. Blitz Tom Brady Again ***If it weren't for a fluke fumble in week 1, the patriots would be 0-2 to start the season. And 0-3 with Tom Brady playing the entire game dating back to the previous Superbowl. (when this text book was founded)
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

The Saints used a different strategy: give the Pats the run and take away the pass.  Dare them to run the ball to victory.  The Pats instead threw the first pick to McKenzie coming out in spread after having pounded the rock into the end zone on their first drive.  They then scored a few big plays and forced the Pats to pass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]good point soloflyfisher, which can also be validated by the colts game. they were able to go toe-to-toe with the colts on the road largely because vollmer did a standup job and freeney was pretty much held in check, but as the game wore on mathis began to abuse kaczur and began wreaking havoc on TFB (even on the infamous 4th down play). dont get me wrong, there were other contributing factors to that loss, but just agreeing you make a sound point.

this week matt light comes back, vollmer out injured, and voila! brady is far less productive than he was in indy, particularly in the second half he was constantly hurried and pressured... i know he is only a rookie but all one has to do is look at the games vollmer played compared to those he was out and light played, and i begin to think it cannot merely be coincidence that toms most productive games seemed to come during vollmer's stretch of starts when brady's protection was better...
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

If i'm not mistaken, Matt Light missed 5 games.  In that span Vollmer was started and Brady put up 5-straight 300-yard games and a ton of TD passes.  The offense was rolling.  I think Light and Kaczur should be in rotation for RT, to keep them a little more rested for the 3rd and 4th quarters.. then put Vollmer at LT.  The guy is a beast and can get the job done.  Will it happen like that? I'm sure it won't, but I would love to see Vollmer back at LT and make Light move.

In Indy, Vollmer shut Freeney down.  And when Freeney got around Vollmer he did it to the inside and was immediately met and stone-walled by Mankins. 

Vollmer and Mankins will be a great duo in the future on the left side, it looks very promising when Vollmer gets the nod at LT over Light.  I wouldn't mind Light being at RT, I think it would be an upgrade over Kaczur.. but that's just my two cents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonpete. Show bostonpete's posts

One game Wes Welker is held in check, and you think that teams have the blueprint.  When you originally posted this, Welker did not even play, so the short game was hindered.  You bring up the Colts game, and say the 4th and 2 did not work, listen to the analysts and watch the tape Mr. Expert, because Faulk did get the first down, it was a horribly poor spot.  The game against the Saints was a fluke from an offensive standpoint, not some magical plan followed.  As unimaginative as the Pats offense is, when they execute, NOBODY stops them.  Against the Saints, they simply did not execute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is an island all by himself out there without any semblence of a running game and a sound offensive game plan.
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!
    BB is running the risk of turning the 2nd half of Brady's career into Dan Marino pt 2. All stats no rings. Please get this man a running game so the PA fake means something and we can gain 2 YARDS when we need it.

FYI, I'm not someone who has given up on this team, but someone who feels BB has, through bad decisions.