How to beat the ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

How to beat the ravens

I just read that Ray Rice is Baltimore's leading receiver and rusher,impressive.
     Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game. The Chatgers chucked Rice on every Passing play and took him out of the game as a recever.
     I think the Pats should try this also. Hit him within 5 yds on every pass. He is Flaccos' favorite checkdown receiver. Take Rice away and there may be moore QB sacks for the Pats
     Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game.on NFL.com/scores highlights
    Week 15 scores and HIghlights.

Go Patriots
    2 to Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: How to beat the ravens

Sounds like the Pats game plan vs Marshall Faulk in the first superbowl win. The hit him, and hit him, and hit him, whether he had the ball or not.

If the Pats come out with the same type of intensity they did last week on both sides of the ball, and stick to BB's game plan (whatever he decides it should be), they have a great chance of beating the Ravens, and in my opinion, beating them pretty handily.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: How to beat the ravens:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like the Pats game plan vs Marshall Faulk in the first superbowl win. The hit him, and hit him, and hit him, whether he had the ball or not. If the Pats come out with the same type of intensity they did last week on both sides of the ball, and stick to BB's game plan (whatever he decides it should be), they have a great chance of beating the Ravens, and in my opinion, beating them pretty handily.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

True but Faulk was a well known weenie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How to beat the ravens : True but Faulk was a well known weenie.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

correction: 'is'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Show up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to How to beat the ravens:
    [QUOTE]I just read that Ray Rice is Baltimore's leading receiver and rusher,impressive.  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game. The Chatgers chucked Rice on every Passing play and took him out of the game as a recever.  I think the Pats should try this also. Hit him within 5 yds on every pass. He is Flaccos' favorite checkdown receiver. Take Rice away and there may be moore QB sacks for the Pats  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game.on NFL.com/scores highlights Week 15 scores and HIghlights. Go Patriots 2 to Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

Yes. BB Will take Rice out of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How to beat the ravens : Yes. BB Will take Rice out of the game.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]
    Rice can be hit on half the plays in this game and that could be the margin the Pats require. It has to affect his running ability as well.

Go Patriots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Start with the 4-3, occasionally going to the patented 5-2.  Put beef on the defensive line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Execute. Let the Ravens beat themselves. They suck on the road.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]I just read that Ray Rice is Baltimore's leading receiver and rusher,impressive.  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game. The Chatgers chucked Rice on every Passing play and took him out of the game as a recever.  I think the Pats should try this also. Hit him within 5 yds on every pass. He is Flaccos' favorite checkdown receiver. Take Rice away and there may be moore QB sacks for the Pats  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game.on NFL.com/scores highlights Week 15 scores and HIghlights. Go Patriots 2 to Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. But which Pats defender gets the job?  Who has the right speed & strength to get that job done?  Just askin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Ravens are working as hard as they possibly can against themselves.

First of all, safety Ed Reed rewards quarterback Flacco, who actually did a much better than average job against the Houston defense, by calling him out. If the Ravens don't win Sunday it's all Flacco's fault!  That should motivate the guy.

Second, Ed Reed has even more time on his hands so he tattles on Flacco's skateboarding to the Ravens brass.  Flacco has to explain to the brass why he was taking any risk at all.  This little obstacle thrown in his way should really motivate Joe Flacco to glory.  Or not.

Just curious, but why isn't Mr. Reed unusually focused on next week's team?  I wonder.  Is this at all related to a trace of racism that one observer believes bounces around the Ravens' locker room?

One more distraction:  anyone who wants to be self-named T-Sizzle.  At least he can live up to the rep, unlike someone named the Sanchize. 

Rex Ryan once ran the Baltimore defense.  We recently saw the Jets collapse in selfish behaviors on the last game of the season, with the playoffs on the line.  Will some of the same forces tear Baltimore's players apart?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I think we need to double and triple team Suggs.  He had 14 sacks this year while Ngata had 5, Redding 4.5, and Cody 0.  

Taking Suggs out will allow Brady to shed thier defense.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Accounting for Suggs is important. He has had a good year. He did get most of his sacks against mediocre teams, and also in bunches. He's still good.

I like the idea of leveling Rice on every play. 5 yards from the line he is fair game. He's tough however. Won't be an easy target like Marshall Faulk, but if the Chargers can do it, I'm confident the Pats can as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Remember when Gronkowski dragged Urlacher for like 17 yards as a rookie for a TD in a preseason game.  I would love to see Gronk abuse Ray Lewis like that.  Kinda like a changing of the times statement showing that it's now Gronkowski's time, and old man Ray should retire.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think they will certainly try to contain Rice, but they may have Flacco go with a lot of short passes and will take more shots than usual down the field for big plays.

I think the Ravens will be trying to create turnovers - so, the Patriots should focus on protecting the ball whoever it may be. The shorter the field for the Ravens, the better it is for Flacco.

I am hoping Woodhead and/or Ridley can keep the Ravens D honest - but I don't think they'll have any success up the middle - their best hope is at the edges with Ridley or wide with Woody.

I expect the Ravens to focus on Gronk and Welker, So, Hernandez and Branch will have to pick things up.

In the trenches,I think Cannon and Solder will get more play time than usual, they gotta protect Brady and provide some muscle for the run game.

Ravens OL will probably focus their attention on Anderson, so, I'm thinking Nink and Ellis come up big with getting pressure on Flacco.  It'll be interesting to see how much pressure BB will throw at Flacco. The more the better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How to beat the ravens : [QUOTE]I just read that Ray Rice is Baltimore's leading receiver and rusher,impressive.  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game. The Chatgers chucked Rice on every Passing play and took him out of the game as a recever.  I think the Pats should try this also. Hit him within 5 yds on every pass. He is Flaccos' favorite checkdown receiver. Take Rice away and there may be moore QB sacks for the Pats  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game.on NFL.com/scores highlights Week 15 scores and HIghlights. Go Patriots 2 to Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok. But which Pats defender gets the job?  Who has the right speed & strength to get that job done?  Just askin.

Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]
     Rice is usually running a checkdown route up the middle and turns back towards Flacco. He is not even running at this time, an easier target.
     The closest LBer gets their hit on Rice as soon as he comes through the Line. Watch what SD did in the week 15 game on NFL.com. It will answer all your questions

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How to beat the ravens : [QUOTE]I just read that Ray Rice is Baltimore's leading receiver and rusher,impressive.  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game. The Chatgers chucked Rice on every Passing play and took him out of the game as a recever.  I think the Pats should try this also. Hit him within 5 yds on every pass. He is Flaccos' favorite checkdown receiver. Take Rice away and there may be moore QB sacks for the Pats  Watch the highlights of the Bal. vs. SD game.on NFL.com/scores highlights Week 15 scores and HIghlights. Go Patriots 2 to Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok. But which Pats defender gets the job?  Who has the right speed & strength to get that job done?  Just askin.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]Rice is usually running a checkdown route up the middle and turns back towards Flacco. He is not even running at this time, an easier target.
     The closest LBer gets their hit on Rice when he comes through the Line. Watch what SD did in the week 15 game on NFL.com. It will answer all your questions

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]
    Rice is usually running a checkdown route up the middle and turns back towards Flacco. He is not even running at this time, an easier target.
     The closest LBer gets their hit on Rice as soon as he comes through the Line. Watch what SD did in the week 15 game on NFL.com. It will answer all your questions

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

More evidence that the Ravens are really concentrating on nothing but the Patriots.  Or not.  These pranks take a while to set up properly. 

It reminds me of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the early 2000s spending a lot of time producing their "Super Bowl Shuffle" video.  Great timing for the video, except they didn't win the football game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blindsided/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]
    There is your key, david...  the Ravens are just about a one trick pony on offense.  It is well documented.. so goes Ray Rice so goes the Ravens.  Same can't be said for the Pats and that is the dilemna the Ravens face.  They can't concentrate on one player.  Granted, rushing and pressuring Brady will have impact, but, the big ugglies have done a very good job protecting him.  Many say the Broncos have as good a front as any for a pass rush.  As good a defense at the Ravens have, how will that older squad fare against the up tempo offense of the Pats.  Will we see some "fake" injuries out of no where?  Given how SD carved them up... it will take quite a bump up in play quality for that D to stop the Pats and they didn't do that much against the Texans.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Remember when Gronkowski dragged Urlacher for like 17 yards as a rookie for a TD in a preseason game.  I would love to see Gronk abuse Ray Lewis like that.  Kinda like a changing of the times statement showing that it's now Gronkowski's time, and old man Ray should retire.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

Two things here:

1) James Lofton, of all people, said the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time during the Westwood 1 broadcast of Pats v. Donkos last Saturday: "It takes a village to tackle Rob Gronkowski."

and . . .

2) Isn't somebody going to say "score more points"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We need a pass rush. If we get Flacco moving theres no way he can keep up with Brady. Pass rush kills their play action too. The next thing is Spikes and Mayo better be on their game in pass coverage. Rice likes those little passes to the flat or in the middle. I'd like to have a good rushing game this way they have to play catch up. I'll almost bet Brady comes out in the hurry up offense to start the game and get their D back on their heels.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I believe the one, single thing the Pats can do to beat the Ravens is to score first....that would put so much pressure on Flacco and Cameron to keep up that they will make mistakes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]We need a pass rush. If we get Flacco moving theres no way he can keep up with Brady. Pass rush kills their play action too. The next thing is Spikes and Mayo better be on their game in pass coverage. Rice likes those little passes to the flat or in the middle. I'd like to have a good rushing game this way they have to play catch up. I'll almost bet Brady comes out in the hurry up offense to start the game and get their D back on their heels.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Bitchburgh absolutely killed the Pats doing exactly this.