How to beat the Saints

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

How to beat the Saints

To beat the Saints a team must have a good defensive backfield. The Patriots do not. That's the worst unit on the current team. The Chargers do have a great defensive backfield this year.

Look at yardage allowed (the Eagles ran just 13 times as PHI passed with underneath stuff after falling behind 28-9)-
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2009.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: How to beat the Saints

I think a good pass rush is far more important.  You give Brees time and he will pick apart even the best defensive backfield.  You gotta be harrassing him into some bad throws and hopefully a turn-over or two.  You have to be able to get to him w/out blitzing too often, much the way the 

Also, gotta have an offense that can chew up clock. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

jbolted: seriously man, we really do not care about how San Diego did against the Eagles.  I'm not trying to just rain on your parade here, we just really don't care.  Go talk up the Bolts somewhere else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

In Response to How to beat the Saints:
    To beat the Saints a team must have a good defensive backfield. The Patriots do not. That's the worst unit on the current team. The Chargers do have a great defensive backfield this year. Look at yardage allowed (the Eagles ran just 13 times as PHI passed with underneath stuff after falling behind 28-9)- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2009.htm
    Posted by jbolted

You better hope, if you even get that far, you don't meet the Saints in the SB. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You can't stop the Saints, you can only hope to contain them.
    On to the next Cliche'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i still beleive the vikings will win out the nfc and represent the nfc in the superbowl.the saints are good,but the vikes are just as good,and there defense is even better then the saints.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I live in San Diego and watch all their games. Take away the two against Oakland and the two against KC and their pass defense is just awful. They barely rank above us in pass defense and they haven't had to play Brees or Peyton Manning. Their only real advantage is that they blitz a lot, which gets them some sacks, because like us they can't get a sack without it. Even more so their rush defense is ranked near the bottom (despite playing KC and Oaktown 4 times allready), so why pass? The Chargers have a good passing offense but they have much bigger weaknesses than the Pats have. If the Chargers can take out the Colts for us (the one and only reason I want the Chargers to make the playoffs) the Pats would just lick their chops to see that "good" defensive backfield for all the AFC marbles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Watching this game, got the impression the entire Pats defensive backfield decided to take a game off.  I have never seen a team's receivers be so wide open on each play.  Compare that to what the Saints D-backs did and they were on the Pats receivers like flies on fly paper, and they weren't even all their starters??!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: How to beat the Saints:
    i still beleive the vikings will win out the nfc and represent the nfc in the superbowl.the saints are good,but the vikes are just as good,and there defense is even better then the saints.
    Posted by mosseffect43

That would be an interesting matchup, if it ever comes to pass. The Vikings are very good at the two most important things it takes to beat the Saints -- pressuring the quarterback and controlling the ball. That said, the Vikes have the Human Turnover at quarterback and have struggled against what little quality competition they have faced. Leave us not forget both San Francisco and Baltimore came within an eyelash of taking this team out, and as many trolls like to come in here and point out, beating up on weak divisional sisters does not constitute an impressive resume. I don't think we'll really know what the Vikings actually have until the playoffs start -- and maybe not even then. It's hard to imagine the likes of Philadelphia or Dallas or Arizona or even Blue New Jersey bouncing the Vikes, but then, if you'd told me last year that the Cardinals would dump the Iggles and the Panthers in the tournament I would have had a pretty hearty laugh at your expense . . .  and we all saw how that almost turned out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

aren't there any chargers fans hitting the San Diego website?

Sections
Shortcuts