How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop

Allow it to deteriorate into a pi$$ing contest and voila.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop

I never knew that's how you spell Wah Lah. Thank you sir for 2 lessons in 1 thread.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop

When I first started posting here I wasn't used to being insulted or condescended to so I'd just retaliate as best I could. Now I just ignore the few that seem to pop in and take pot shots like they're smart and everyone else is dumb. It makes the forum a lot more enjoyable and I don't flip my computer the bird anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop:
    [QUOTE]................... It makes the forum a lot more enjoyable and I don't flip my computer the bird anymore.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

That kind of sensitivity is commendable.  I'm sure that poor pc had some real difficulty processing that variety of digital data.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop:
    [QUOTE]When I first started posting here I wasn't used to being insulted or condescended to so I'd just retaliate as best I could. Now I just ignore the few that seem to pop in and take pot shots like they're smart and everyone else is dumb. It makes the forum a lot more enjoyable and I don't flip my computer the bird anymore.

Yeah. That's about it. Just stick the folks on ignore who drag the place down and it gets a lot sunnier. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Bill O'Brien is a great offensive coordinator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]... that variety of digital data.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Hilarious

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]Bill O'Brien is a great offensive coordinator.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

...even more hilarious .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How to destroy a potentially really interesting discussion in one fell swoop : Hilarious
    Posted by 347pg[/QUOTE]
    Hillis might be a good pickup

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]When I first started posting here I wasn't used to being insulted or condescended to so I'd just retaliate as best I could. Now I just ignore the few that seem to pop in and take pot shots like they're smart and everyone else is dumb. It makes the forum a lot more enjoyable and I don't flip my computer the bird anymore.

Thats funny rerun ...I enjoy you here as i do all. The thing is that IMO it's not lack of reading comprehension rather than a differing of opinion about things on a sports forum and then the forum - like most - degenerates into name calling. Afterall this is CYBER folks!!! Unless you take your CYBER NAME as personal. Overall though the responses allow us all to understand the person behind the name better. That is GOOD!

Another thing I for one enjoy the few trolls here as they are unique. A troll on this forum especially adds to the AMUSEMENT element of a sports forum and I enjoy the back and forth issues they present. Most trolls come with an attitude but the ones here seem to represent themselves well.

Good post to air this out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

How about all the over the top whiners during the game threads. I don't mind critisim dumped on the team during a series when the fall flat, but the constant bludgening, and then the complete 360 when the Pats turn it around can really be a pain in the as*

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]How about all the over the top whiners during the game threads. I don't mind critisim dumped on the team during a series when the fall flat, but the constant bludgening, and then the complete 360 when the Pats turn it around can really be a pain in the as*
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Thats a good thought KP. I view the game on TV and simultaniously watch the game thread on computer and your correct but I look at it like as if it's in REAL TIME at the Game with the crowd getting down and then back up again when a great play is made.

Talk about REAL TIME at a game? I had season tickets and the two guys directly in front of us had an uncontrollable habit of standing as soon as the QB took the handoff from center and completely blocked our view and that happened on every play...talk about a pain in the as*.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]How about all the over the top whiners during the game threads. I don't mind critisim dumped on the team during a series when the fall flat, but the constant bludgening, and then the complete 360 when the Pats turn it around can really be a pain in the as*
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

That's why I stopped posting on the game threads, KP. Every time they give up a first down its always: oh great here we go again, Pats D sucks! And then when you tell em to bug off they come back with the same idiotic stop drinking the kool-aid comment. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]It's a shame. It's always the same ones, too. Arguing just to argue, attack just to attack. Reading comprehension issues, looking to lash out in a panic.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

For $200 and the game . . .

point out the irony in this post.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It was the first sentence that really killed me, Russ.

It is always the same one who's arguing . . .

You!

Cool

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'm just glad they don't censor us from saying sucks and screwed anymore. I feel free.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

how you ask...easy

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Nah, there is a pocket of irrationals or trolls that use me as the punching bag to troll and spam the board.  That's the issue. Then, the mods allow Commie COntrarian to dance around here and spam the board at will. As far as discussions, if you can't take someone challenging your opinion, you clearly are immature. I don't preface my responses to people I disagree with by saying "moron" or other names.  I am the one attacked because I expose their faulty premise about things like "BB is the worst GM ever", "Our D Stinks", etc. You know EXACTLY what I am taking about.  They get insecure, realize I exposed their premise and then lash out. Go to the source. Pretty simple. It shouldn't be hard to explain your opinion, support it and agree to disagree. I do it plenty with people who I respect because they have a clue and explain their reasons.  The ones who run away or are insecure, I have no respect for, admittedly. If the mods simply eliminated the blatantly obvioiuus trolls and irrationals who ruin the discussions, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Who ever said "BB is the worst GM ever"?

Maybe everybody gives you a hard time because you just make ridiculous things up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]... if you can't take someone challenging your opinion, you clearly are immature. I don't preface my responses to people I disagree with by saying "moron" or other names.  I am the one attacked
    Wow, some fantasy world you live in. Everything you wrote in this thread sounds like your talking about yourself. You call people names ALL THE TIME. Called me "little boy" & "BB's ball washer" YESTERDAY, and I wasn't nearly the only one. YOUR reading comprehension leaves MUCH to be desired and YOU attack people ALL THE TIME

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts