How was Merriweather against the Falcons?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

How was Merriweather against the Falcons?

I did not watch the Bears/Falcons game but apparently the Bears defense was very impressive. Did Merriweather contribute in any way. I always felt he was a talented player who underachieved in New England, but I was not happy he was let go. He was good enough to make the pro bowl so others throughout the league respect him. Maybe with a better pass rush, like Chicago's, will bring out the best in his agressive apparently undisciplined style.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons?

1 tackle and 1 tackle assists. pretty much nothing....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons?:
    [QUOTE]1 tackle and 1 tackle assists. pretty much nothing....
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence[/QUOTE]

You are saying that tackle and tackle assist stats are the best way to judge a safety's worth?

So according to you the top 4 safeties in 2010 were 

Donte Whitner, TJ Ward, Craig Dahl, and Chris Hope with most tackles for Safeties in 2010. So you would think they were the best?

Yeah, who cares about Adrian Wilson or Nick Collins or Antrel Rolle or Roman Harper or Ed Reed or Trol Polamalu or Eric Berry or Michael Griffin etc. All those idiots with who couldn't match the above 4 in tackles. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons? : You are saying that tackle and tackle assist stats are the best way to judge a safety's worth? So according to you the top 4 safeties in 2010 were  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_TOTAL_TACKLES&tabSeq=1&season=2010&experience=null&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&qualified=true Donte Whitner, TJ Ward, Craig Dahl, and Chris Hope with most tackles for Safeties in 2010. So you would think they were the best? Yeah, who cares about Adrian Wilson or Nick Collins or Antrel Rolle or Roman Harper or Ed Reed or Trol Polamalu or Eric Berry or Michael Griffin etc. All those idiots with who couldn't match the above 4 in tackles. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

You are a F@#$King idiot. As usual..Know nothing and post trash.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If Maryweather isn't making tackles, he's not doing much of anything.

It should be viewed as a positive that he didn't get torched, or draw any stupid penalties...it's a step forward for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Who cares. Unless the Pats are playing Chicago, why worry about Meriweather? He arguably has talent but he didn't or maybe just wouldn't fit in New England. IMO he won't be missed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares. Unless the Pats are playing Chicago, why worry about Meriweather? He arguably has talent but he didn't or maybe just wouldn't fit in New England. IMO he won't be missed.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

It was always understood that Merriweather had talent but that his skill set did not match well with the Patriot's system.  He was no doubt signed by Chicago with the hope that their system would complement Merriweather's skills.  Should he prove himself to be outstanding in Chicago it does not necessarily infer that he would have eventually done so with the Patriots.

Following Merriweather's progress in Chicago should be viewed as keeping in touch with an old acquaintance and not as a potential BB indictment!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Speaking of Fairy, what is Baloney up to these days?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You really can't use stats to judge how well a player played. YOU HAVE TO WATCH FILM. Period. Stats are for chumps. In this case it is even more true as those stats tell us nothing about whether he blew coverages, blew tackles, was ineffective on a blitz, etc....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]You really can't use stats to judge how well a player played. YOU HAVE TO WATCH FILM. Period. Stats are for chumps. In this case it is even more true as those stats tell us nothing about whether he blew coverages, blew tackles, was ineffective on a blitz, etc....
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with the film part, it doesn't lie. However stats are not just meaningless little numbers; it's a piece of a puzzle that defines a player currently and historically.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wow, Laura is having a really impressive season so far:

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?category=name&filter=maroney&playerType=current

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons? : You are saying that tackle and tackle assist stats are the best way to judge a safety's worth? So according to you the top 4 safeties in 2010 were  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_TOTAL_TACKLES&tabSeq=1&season=2010&experience=null&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&qualified=true Donte Whitner, TJ Ward, Craig Dahl, and Chris Hope with most tackles for Safeties in 2010. So you would think they were the best? Yeah, who cares about Adrian Wilson or Nick Collins or Antrel Rolle or Roman Harper or Ed Reed or Trol Polamalu or Eric Berry or Michael Griffin etc. All those idiots with who couldn't match the above 4 in tackles. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Yup, 1 tackle and 1 tackle assist. Did I post anywhere that he had a pass breakup, Interception, FF, a sack....nop.  He did nothing is nothing end of story, wanna know what else is funny...Meri is not even on that list just to prove how bad at tackling he is lol....

Maybe there is a TOTS list for Meri somewhere, Tackle Own Teammate Stats, pretty sure hes at the very top...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of Fairy, what is Baloney up to these days?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    I wish Brady would leave the pats so that I could see you guys turn on him like you do every other player that leaves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons? : I wish Brady would leave the pats so that I could see you guys turn on him like you do every other player that leaves.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Patriots fans "turned" on him a few years ago

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Richard Seymour with 2 sacks in Denver! The Big Dog has still got it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

why is it that I think that he was let go due to his off field issues and acquintances,I think he was such a distraction looking for a place to happen that BB decided to cut the tumor off before it infected the rest of the young guys.That's just my take and if so then BB did the right thing as his former friend just got busted for a rape in his house (Merriweather's house)...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons? : I wish Brady would leave the pats so that I could see you guys turn on him like you do every other player that leaves.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Hey troll we will pick on you if you leave!!!LOL
    It must suck to have to watch the Patriots just keep on rolling from the perpective another teams fan. By the way Brady just signed an extention so chances are he isn't going anywheres anytime soon...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of Fairy, what is Baloney up to these days?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I heard Laura, Butler and Wilhite opened up a Candy store called the Suck Shop.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Merriweather against the Falcons? : I herd Laura, Butler and Wilhite opened up a Candy store called the Suck Shop.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LOL, i always like your witty comments

Sections
Shortcuts