How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on)

So basically the title says it all. Does anyone remember vividly or is there any way of actually finding the stats? For personal reasons I didn't pay to much attention to the preseason that year. Just wondering if all this panic is warranted or is it just Chad being Chad i.e. a bit showy and dramatic?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Re: How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on)

I do not think Moss played in a preseason game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It's still different because Moss had the physical tools to blow by people and jump over people. That wasn't really system specific although he did need to be in the right spot.

Chad doesn't so he has to be more of a precise route-runner, which takes time for him because off the shortened offseason.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on):
    [QUOTE]lol!!! Thread over.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Haha so nasty rusty :P

I had an idea of that when I was making the thread like maybe he had a slight injury or something but I wasn't sure so I thought i'd go ahead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Just so you know this wasn't me talking down Ocho. I think he'll have a week one coming out party and that's when every other team is going to get real scared. Also I have him on my fantasy bench so i'm kinda banking on it !

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on) : Not nasty. I was actually applauding the fact you started this either knowing or not knowing that Moss didn't even play and the fact there were  probably whiny babies on here then, too. Your thread is a perfect point.  That's why I mentioned Gaffney as another point that is really more applicable in this context. Here's the issue: Moss already knew what he was doing by the time mini camp was over.  They told him to learn a handful of routes, take on double teams, etc, so the mere threat of Brady going deep to a beast like Moss, opened things up for Welker (also new, in deliberate, easy routes to learn underneath), Watson, Stallworth and Gaffney. When Moss started getting less balls in 2010's camp and in games, he realized he was really ONLY a decoy, hence expendable.   Where before, Brady lobbed balls, regardless of how good the play looked, just to appease him. This is different. We're basically watching what #85 would have looked like back in May. Moss was never used in the slot/TE spot where Hernandez might be, never asked to run various routes ,some across the middle, etc. It's apples and oranges. Moss ran out and ups, posts and some comeback routes for most of the 2007 season. #85 needs to make mistakes and learn. 

Well yeah thanks for realising that man, there really is no need for panic. Brady will make Chad better like he does with everyone and they will play well there's not much doubt in my mind even if it takes the first few weeks. The fact Brady can actually practice all week this year will also help alot even if it takes a few weeks it'll happen. I really don't want us to be as hot out of the gate as we were in 07 there's no point. Your very right in saying that people were probably saying all the same things about Moss in 07, let's just hope it pans out the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on) : Not nasty. I was actually applauding the fact you started this either knowing or not knowing that Moss didn't even play and the fact there were  probably whiny babies on here then, too. Your thread is a perfect point.  That's why I mentioned Gaffney as another point that is really more applicable in this context. Here's the issue: Moss already knew what he was doing by the time mini camp was over.  They told him to learn a handful of routes, take on double teams, etc, so the mere threat of Brady going deep to a beast like Moss, opened things up for Welker (also new, in deliberate, easy routes to learn underneath), Watson, Stallworth and Gaffney. When Moss started getting less balls in 2010's camp and in games, he realized he was really ONLY a decoy, hence expendable.   Where before, Brady lobbed balls, regardless of how good the play looked, just to appease him. This is different. We're basically watching what #85 would have looked like back in May. Moss was never used in the slot/TE spot where Hernandez might be, never asked to run various routes ,some across the middle, etc. It's apples and oranges. Moss ran out and ups, posts and some comeback routes for most of the 2007 season. #85 needs to make mistakes and learn. 

Agreed...remember. Ocho was traded for in August...Moss in April...While Moss didnt play, he had time to absorb the playbook.

I expect Ocho to struggle at least in the beginning of the season. He should catch on later on if he doesnt let his frustration get to him.

He needs to get to the point where he doesnt constantly need to think his routes...it has to come naturally

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

how did Branch pick it up so fast then ? offense had to have changed since he left first time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

[QUOTE]how did Branch pick it up so fast then ? offense had to have changed since he left first time.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Thats rather easy, the offence is really similiar to what was here before and the terminology hasn't changed, Add the fact that both Brady and Branch have spoken of the Chemistry they have just knowing what the other was going to do from those previous years together. Think of them high school sweethearts, they may not have been "together" in 5 years but once they Hooked back up, they still knew how to turn each others keys on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was Moss' 07 Preseason? (as a reference for how Chad is getting on) : Agreed...remember. Ocho was traded for in August...Moss in April...While Moss didnt play, he had time to absorb the playbook. I expect Ocho to struggle at least in the beginning of the season. He should catch on later on if he doesnt let his frustration get to him. He needs to get to the point where he doesnt constantly need to think his routes...it has to come naturally
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

I understand  player hesitation and frustration about precise routes, reading defenses and knowing when receivers must adjust their routes accordingly. What I do expect of a premier wr is that he  excells at catching and securing the football when opportunately does present.

For example, if Chad is thrown 14 balls in preseason and 10 of those hit his hands I would expect him to catch and secure the majority of those passes.

I do not think a lack of familiarity with the playbook accounts for an unacceptible number of drops by a presumed star receiver. On that basis I do worry because hand-eye coordination is a gift that's lost when skills diminish.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Moss didn't drop a single pass and they didn't lose any preseason game he played in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]how did Branch pick it up so fast then ? offense had to have changed since he left first time.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

He and TB use telepathy

Sections
Shortcuts