How was what Butler did to Collie...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

How was what Butler did to Collie...

... any different from what the Colts corner did to Moss as Bethea caught Brady's only interception of the night?

I'm not saying it affected the outcome of the game, but that call on Butler was egregiously poor and entirely inconsistent with the contact they allowed the corner to make against Moss in the endzone.

Pats lost on so many levels that the call is irrelevant to the outcome, but refereeing inconsistency drives me nuts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: How was what Butler did to Collie...

In Response to How was what Butler did to Collie...:
    ... any different from what the Colts corner did to Moss as Bethea caught Brady's only interception of the night? I'm not saying it affected the outcome of the game, but that call on Butler was egregiously poor and entirely inconsistent with the contact they allowed the corner to make against Moss in the endzone. Pats lost on so many levels that the call is irrelevant to the outcome, but refereeing inconsistency drives me nuts.
    Posted by NickC1188

The difference?

One was wearing a Colt uni.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

this was the phantom PI call every Patriot fan was waiting for all game, Refs don't throw a flag for 2 qtrs and then the first one out is for A questionable PI in the fourth qtr that directly benifits the Colts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to How was what Butler did to Collie...:
    ... any different from what the Colts corner did to Moss as Bethea caught Brady's only interception of the night? I'm not saying it affected the outcome of the game, but that call on Butler was egregiously poor and entirely inconsistent with the contact they allowed the corner to make against Moss in the endzone. Pats lost on so many levels that the call is irrelevant to the outcome, but refereeing inconsistency drives me nuts.
    Posted by NickC1188

If the Colts generally get the call, and the opposition generally does not, is that really inconsistency?

All I heard all last week on this board was how if the Colts couldn't get it done, the zebras would.

That's what happened.

So why is there so much angst in here?

You were all correct.

Congratulations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: How was what Butler did to Collie...:
    In Response to How was what Butler did to Collie... : If the Colts generally get the call, and the opposition generally does not, is that really inconsistency? All I heard all last week on this board was how if the Colts couldn't get it done, the zebras would. That's what happened. So why is there so much angst in here? You were all correct. Congratulations.
    Posted by prairiemike

And there you have it folks.  The biggest issue with cynicism.  Even when you're right, you suffer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I guess our receivers should just start slowing down and getting themselves tangled up with a defender every time they realize they can't catch a pass from now on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

The Butler pass interference was a terrible call.  The NFL can be hypocrital in saying that the DB has equal right to the ball.  Butler had a right to his position and was in the air.  That said, we shouldn't have let the zebras be the difference. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

Bulter did not commit pass interference...if the game was played in Foxborough last night, that is simply an incomplete pass...the advantages of home field

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Does anybody have replay footage of Butler's "pass interference" ?

Collinsworth tried justifying the penalty by saying that the d-back's back made contact with the receiver as they both went for the ball.

THEY WERE BOTH GOING FOR THE BALL.  Butler was facing the QB and trying to jump.  I don't understand.

Drives me nuts.  The refs gifted that call, and in a game of inches a 31 yard penalty means a lot (not quite like Maroney's fumble, but still...).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: How was what Butler did to Collie...:
    Does anybody have replay footage of Butler's "pass interference" ? Collinsworth tried justifying the penalty by saying that the d-back's back made contact with the receiver as they both went for the ball. THEY WERE BOTH GOING FOR THE BALL.  Butler was facing the QB and trying to jump.  I don't understand. Drives me nuts.  The refs gifted that call, and in a game of inches a 31 yard penalty means a lot (not quite like Maroney's fumble, but still...).
    Posted by NickC1188

Nick,
    I saw the replay on Tivo last night a half dozen times. It wasn't even close. Butler was completely turned around and  "TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY ON THE BALL". The contact was initiated by the reciever. Even Collinsworth acknowledged that last night.
    I know you didn't want to go down that road of saying it cost us the game but if you compile all of the bad cals and or no-calls I don't think you'd be off base by saying we probably would have won. In any event it's good to know what we're capable of down the road.

Sections
Shortcuts