How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?

Seems Michael Vick likes to drink Vodka in public. Has he violated his parole terms by consuming alcohol? What about the terms for his re-entry into the NFL?

It seems the brothers Vick like jail time. Marcus violated his probation, by consuming alcohol, & was sent back to jail this week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?

In Response to How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?:
    Seems Michael Vick likes to drink Vodka in public. Has he violated his parole terms by consuming alcohol? What about the terms for his re-entry into the NFL? It seems the brothers Vick like jail time. Marcus violated his probation, by consuming alcohol, & was sent back to jail this week.
    Posted by passedball

Oh you Vick hater you.  Just because the Vick brothers have the judgement of 3 year olds doesn't mean you should get down on him :^)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?

Vick is a fool. He challenges the authority of his superiors of which there can only be one recourse. Guess he likes  incarceration some do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?:
    In Response to How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : Oh you Vick hater you.  Just because the Vick brothers have the judgement of 3 year olds doesn't mean you should get down on him :^)
    Posted by carawaydj

How dare you insult 3 olds like that Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Even my stupidest dog has more sense than Vick (no pun intended, Ralph is certainly not Harvard material)!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

In Response to How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?:
    Seems Michael Vick likes to drink Vodka in public. Has he violated his parole terms by consuming alcohol? What about the terms for his re-entry into the NFL?
    Posted by passedball

I can't see why it would be a term since his crime wasn't alcohol related that I know of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Seems Michael Vick likes to drink Vodka in public. Has he violated his parole terms by consuming alcohol? What about the terms for his re-entry into the NFL? It seems the brothers Vick like jail time. Marcus violated his probation, by consuming alcohol, & was sent back to jail this week.
    Posted by passedball

How did the reporter know what Vick was drinking?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus?:
    In Response to How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : How did the reporter know what Vick was drinking?
    Posted by EnochRoot

He was drinking with other team members in the presence of some media.  However, there seems to be a dispute as to whether or not all alcohol is prohibited, or just excessive alcohol.  Hmmm... what would I do under the same circumstances?  Would I clarify such matters before I drink, or pull a Vick and take my chances?  Just more evidence that the guy is missing a few nuts and bolts between the ears.  So talented, yet so damn dumb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : I can't see why it would be a term since his crime wasn't alcohol related that I know of.
    Posted by Irkillendem

"On July 27, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell detailed the conditions of Vick's reinstatement in a letter.

He wrote that the former Atlanta Falcons player, who was incarcerated for 18 months on a dogfighting conviction, was "required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess, or be involved with the sale of any dog.""

"Michael Vick did not violate the terms of his probation nor the conditions of his NFL reinstatement when he drank an alcoholic beverage on the night after his first practice since being released from prison, an Eagles spokesman said yesterday."

The two statements seem to conflict about Vick drinking alcohol, especially "prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use". Prohibition means to prohibit alcohol. Prohibit means to forbid. It appears the commissioner stated Vick was forbidden from drinking alcohol because the law said that was a term of his probation. It appears the Eagles spokesman doesn't know what prohibit means, & we'll find out soon enough if Goodell knows what it means.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090824_Michael_Vick_not_barred_from_drinking.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : "On July 27, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell detailed the conditions of Vick's reinstatement in a letter. He wrote that the former Atlanta Falcons player, who was incarcerated for 18 months on a dogfighting conviction, was "required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess, or be involved with the sale of any dog."""Michael Vick did not violate the terms of his probation nor the conditions of his NFL reinstatement when he drank an alcoholic beverage on the night after his first practice since being released from prison, an Eagles spokesman said yesterday." The two statements seem to conflict about Vick drinking alcohol, especially "prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use". Prohibition means to prohibit alcohol. Prohibit means to forbid. It appears the commissioner stated Vick was forbidden from drinking alcohol because the law said that was a term of his probation. It appears the Eagles spokesman doesn't know what prohibit means, & we'll find out soon enough if Goodell knows what it means. http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090824_Michael_Vick_not_barred_from_drinking.html
    Posted by passedball

It says "limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use". The actual limits on who he can associate with are not stated in this release but detailed in his probation. The same applies to the prohibitions - the actual prohibitions are not detailed. You are correct - prohibit means to forbid. In his probation, the "prohibitions" (or what is forbidden) can be defined and detailed but that does not necessarily mean "complete prohibition". There can be various "prohibitions" or in other words various forbidden actions, but in this statement the "prohibitions regarding ...... alcohol use" are not detailed.

Hope you understand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : It says "limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use". The actual limits on who he can associate with are not stated in this release but detailed in his probation. The same applies to the prohibitions - the actual prohibitions are not detailed. You are correct - prohibit means to forbid. In his probation, the "prohibitions" (or what is forbidden) can be defined and detailed but that does not necessarily mean "complete prohibition". There can be various "prohibitions" or in other words various forbidden actions, but in this statement the "prohibitions regarding ...... alcohol use" are not detailed. Hope you understand.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

So you're suggesting that prohibition is left up to Goodell's interpretation? That's not going to be good for the NFL as Goodell isn't very good at reading & comprehension.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It seems to me that "prohibitions on drug and alcohol use" means just that...NONE at all! If he were allowed to drink (a certain amount or a certain alcohol level-say something like beer only) it would be called a "limitation" or "restriction". Prohibit seems pretty damn straightforward to me. We'll have to see if Roger even decides to address this at this point. He may well simply wait until week six then make his decision. In any case, Vick should simply avoid anything that could be construed as a "violation". When walking across a minefield you tiptoe, not stomp around like a drunken elephant! But I forgot! Our "genius" is priveledged! Dungy and the bleeding hearts will all petition for him. The sad thing is that he's dominating the news. They let him play again, end it there. I don't agree, but it is what it is. Let him play and don't shove him in all our faces over every move! The sumbag is not worth all the attention. On top of that, I'm as sick of hearing his name as I was of hearing TO's four years ago! He will prove to be irrelevant to the 09 season soon enough! I don't want to look at his dog-killing ugly mug all over the internet and on NFLN! THERE! I've had my vent! Now it's time to feed the hungry horde...they're all watching me with that "look". I'm late again.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

It seems to me that "prohibitions on drug and alcohol use" means just that...NONE at all! If he were allowed to drink (a certain amount or a certain alcohol level-say something like beer only) it would be called a "limitation" or "restriction". Prohibit seems pretty damn straightforward to me. We'll have to see if Roger even decides to address this at this point. He may well simply wait until week six then make his decision. In any case, Vick should simply avoid anything that could be construed as a "violation". When walking across a minefield you tiptoe, not stomp around like a drunken elephant! But I forgot! Our "genius" is priveledged! Dungy and the bleeding hearts will all petition for him. The sad thing is that he's dominating the news. They let him play again, end it there. I don't agree, but it is what it is. Let him play and don't shove him in all our faces over every move! The sumbag is not worth all the attention. On top of that, I'm as sick of hearing his name as I was of hearing TO's four years ago! He will prove to be irrelevant to the 09 season soon enough! I don't want to look at his dog-killing ugly mug all over the internet and on NFLN! THERE! I've had my vent! Now it's time to feed the hungry horde...they're all watching me with that "look". I'm late again.....
    Posted by bubthegrub2

It does not say "prohibition", but "prohibitions". That means there is more than one "prohibition" as opposed to complete prohibition. Yes prohibition means "none at all". I have not seen Vick's probation order, but "prohibitions" could include:

1. "None at all" drinking alcohol after midnight.
    2. 'None at all" drinking alcohol at any establishment that does not serve food. (ie no clubs)
    3. 'None at all' drinking alcohol at any sporting event.

The purpose of probation is give someone limited freedom, or freedom with restrictions, and allow them to work their way back into society. I am sure Vick knows the details of his probation and will tiptoe. He probably called his lawyer on his cell before he had a drink.

Vick was convicted of killing dogs - nothing to do with alcohol. Why do you guys think his probation would ban alcohol 100% (complete prohibition)? Why should Vick not be able to have a vodka and lemonade? If he drinks vodka and lemonade Vick might start killing dogs again? I usually follow the discussion, but I am completely lost on this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Vick was not convicted for killing dogs. He was convicted for running an illegal gambling operation and illegal interstate commerce. You vick lovers like to keep spewing out BS, yet it seems you don't know what the hell he was in jail for!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

so what exactly is the point here . . . speculation

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : It does not say "prohibition", but "prohibitions". That means there is more than one "prohibition" as opposed to complete prohibition. Yes prohibition means "none at all".

Prohibitions could mean alcohol & then drugs. That would give you more than one prohibition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The reason many parole (and probation) orders stipulate abstinence from alcohol, regardless of whether your particular crime involved the use of alcohol, is because the improper use of alcohol makes you stupid. In my estimation, a guy who is one misstep away from heading straight on back to the pokey would be well advised to avoid anything that would increase his stupid quotient.

In the case of Mr. Vick, I would say the he is plenty stupid enough stone cold sober to risk adding alcohol to the mix and spiking the odds against him. While I don't necessarily subscribe to the belief that stupidity in itself should be a crime, I do get tired of having to constantly be on the lookout for people whose stupidity infringes on my right to not have to deal with sublime idiots on a daily basis.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Cant fix stupid thats a fact

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Posted by MVPkilla

Marcus Vick is a perfect example of that. Was he drinking with Michael before he got caught & sent back to the prison?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Vick was not convicted for killing dogs. He was convicted for running an illegal gambling operation and illegal interstate commerce. You vick lovers like to keep spewing out BS, yet it seems you don't know what the hell he was in jail for!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Yes you are right bubthegrub - I am wrong. But in Vick's statement of apology he did not apologize for running an illegal gambling operation. I should have said "M Vick apologized for gross mistreatment of dogs and the courts did not think he would repeat the transgression he was convicted of or apologized for by having a vodka and lemonade". My mistatement.

In the case of Mr. Vick, I would say the he is plenty stupid enough stone cold sober to risk adding alcohol to the mix and spiking the odds against him.

AND

You might both be right but our society does not say that you can not have a vodka and lemonade because you are stupid - even if we wish society did say that.

Prohibitions could mean alcohol & then drugs.

All I can say is Nope. No reason to beat a dead horse. You will have to trust me on this one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : So you're suggesting that prohibition is left up to Goodell's interpretation? That's not going to be good for the NFL as Goodell isn't very good at reading & comprehension.
    Posted by passedball

The prohibitions are probably stated in his probation as to when and where he can and cannot drink alcohol.

I am sure that Goodell also made similar prohibitions.. But again, the actual terms weren't stated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : It does not say "prohibition", but "prohibitions". That means there is more than one "prohibition" as opposed to complete prohibition. Yes prohibition means "none at all". I have not seen Vick's probation order, but "prohibitions" could include: 1. "None at all" drinking alcohol after midnight. 2. 'None at all" drinking alcohol at any establishment that does not serve food. (ie no clubs) 3. 'None at all' drinking alcohol at any sporting event. The purpose of probation is give someone limited freedom, or freedom with restrictions, and allow them to work their way back into society. I am sure Vick knows the details of his probation and will tiptoe. He probably called his lawyer on his cell before he had a drink. Vick was convicted of killing dogs - nothing to do with alcohol. Why do you guys think his probation would ban alcohol 100% (complete prohibition)? Why should Vick not be able to have a vodka and lemonade? If he drinks vodka and lemonade Vick might start killing dogs again? I usually follow the discussion, but I am completely lost on this one.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea
    It says prohibitions of drugs and alcohol. The plural means more than one, rather clear to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : The prohibitions are probably stated in his probation as to when and where he can and cannot drink alcohol. I am sure that Goodell also made similar prohibitions.. But again, the actual terms weren't stated.
    Posted by nhwynter

Maybe Goodell didn't want to release the terms so that he had room to fudge them & not be held accountable when Vick screws up?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Posted by bubthegrub2

Not to spark further controversy, but he could also be violating his probation by being around his teammates. I am sure more then one has a record and if those are the ones he is drinking with.... on the other side if it has prohibitions for drugs and alcohol - they surely cannot mean some drugs and some alcohol?

But in the end his teammates should be looking out for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: How will Goodell react to latest Vick action? Will he share the same cell as Marcus? : Not to spark further controversy, but he could also be violating his probation by being around his teammates. I am sure more then one has a record and if those are the ones he is drinking with.... on the other side if it has prohibitions for drugs and alcohol - they surely cannot mean some drugs and some alcohol? But in the end his teammates should be looking out for him.
    Posted by Patriots1970

It's absolutely possible he's hanging out with other criminals. Antonio Pierce & the Giants were complicit in a cover up. That's just a start. Law abiding citizens wouldn't have done what they did.

Sections
Shortcuts