How will the pats offense attack the jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

How will the pats offense attack the jets

I was listening to belichick on weei and he was saying the more guys you keep home to block the more blitzers they can send (if a tight end or rb stays in to block the defender that has them will rush the qb).
    so - it seems to follow- the pats will run the spread offense to reduce pressure and try to exploit the mismatches- which with the pats talented targets and the ineptitude exhibited by wilson and cromartie against the ravens looks promising
    i have my rose-colored glasses on and im drinking a koolaid martini but i like our chances

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: How will the pats offense attack the jets

The short passing game.

1. It will become our version of a running game for this matchup.

2. Brady probably won't have time to throw downfield much except perhaps late in the game after their D is winded.

We have some good TE's now, plus I think this is a good game to get creative with Edelman and Welker on the field at the same time.  No matter how they do it, I expect to see a lot of short passes.

But, if Brady does have time to throw, he will pick them apart downfield and everywhere else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Moss running clearing routes trailed by Revis, Welker drawing double teams on every snap, TE benefiting from short  passes . RBs on lots of draw plays and screen plays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Welker has been death to the Jets.  Cro is ill-suited to covering a quick, shifty receiver.  The safties will get burned if they play to tight. Then we have the TE and RB condundrum.  I'd say mostly short pases with a few long shots mixed in to keep the Jet DBs honest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I expect we will play it very safe with short passes and screens designed to get the ball outside the box.
       I expect the Jets defense will be going after peoples knees, especially over the middle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I was surprised that the Ravens didn't attack the middle of the field more.  The linebackers were vacating it when blitzing, and that left opportunity to go there.  That is where we need to be.  Oh, Cromartie and Wilson Island may be good also.  I put Tate and Price on that side, work them deep to get the flag, chuck it to welker/gronk/hernandez/crumpler (who CAN catch, no doubt about it) and make them PAY.  Keep a back in to chip, screen, and have lots of wheel routes and passes to the flats (didn't really work for the ravens though). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to How will the pats offense attack the jets:
    [QUOTE]I was listening to belichick on weei and he was saying the more guys you keep home to block the more blitzers they can send (if a tight end or rb stays in to block the defender that has them will rush the qb). so - it seems to follow- the pats will run the spread offense to reduce pressure and try to exploit the mismatches- which with the pats talented targets and the ineptitude exhibited by wilson and cromartie against the ravens looks promising i have my rose-colored glasses on and im drinking a koolaid martini but i like our chances
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Keep things unpredictable. If we go back to vanilla or only play Brady in shotgun all day long - I think we'll have problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd expect to see the TEs and Faulk playing a pretty big role in this game plan. 

An interesting side note will be to see if BB activates Maneri for this game.  He's being used as an OT, but he was a TE in college.  Last year, BB used to bring in LeVoir at times to create a three-tackle line.  I could see him doing the same with Maneri, but sometimes using Maneri to catch passes.  That assumes, of course, that Maneri has learned enough about the offense and his new position to play in the game.  He may not be ready yet and, if so, could be a liability against a good pass rush.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

My first thought is dust off last years gameplan and do it again.

I think we will see the spread but it will probably be a bit different than it has in the past.  I think they come out like this

Moss         Gronk/Light/Connolly/Koppen/Neal/Vollmer/Hernandez        Welker
                                                  Brady
                                                  Taylor

Basically baiting the Jets to keep their nickel and dime packages on the sidelines.  If they do then I think the Pats go no huddle (no subs for defense) and split Gronk and or Hernandez out wide to take advantage of a mismatch against LB'ers in coverage (Especially since Pace, one of their better LB'ers is out).

But I doubt the Jets fall for that because they know the Pats are far more dangerous in the air than on the ground.  I think they go nickel and count on the talent they have up front to stop the run.  Even still I think the Pats find a soft spot to make passes and do most of their damage there, although it will not be easy. 

I think this is going to be a building block to their gameplan most of the year but the Jets are one of the few teams who have the talent on defense to make mismatches difficult to find. 

But, until I see otherwise Welker is a mismatch by himself, and there is no fancy gameplanning needed to take advantage of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsmatt. Show patriotsmatt's posts

Julian Edelman, Wes Welker, Hernandez and Gronk are the keys.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

With the greatest of ease.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Here's the deal the Jet's defense starts with Revis...the kid's that good, rarely if ever needing a safty to play over the top...thus freeing up both safties to play more aggresive, allowing them to blitz, play in the box and defend the middle of the field and over the top on the other teams #2 reciever. Cromartie the other corner, is very good in press coverages and has the speed and length to cover his man on flys and post routes...He can be attacked and struggles when he has to cover a guy in the slot or when his man's in motion.

I'd say in the passing game, the Pat's will use Moss as a decoy too some extent and ideally will command the attention of one of the safties...Welker will likely be in motion and lineup in the slot, where he's a tough cover for the Jet's. The Jet's defensive game plan is simple...it's the same one employed by every team that faces the Pat's (see the Giant's, Colt's, Ravens, Jet's and Bill's)...Get sustained pressure on Brady, take away his ablity to go through his progressions, punch him in the mouth and be physical with Moss at the line of scrimmage. Akin to a boxer take away his body and his head will follow...

Thus if I'm the Pat's, I'd place a premimum on pass protection. Come out in the shotgun formation with a three reciever set, Welker in the slot with Faulk or Taylor in the back field, Crumpler at tightend with Moss and Tate out wide. As with any team that's defense is predicated on pressure and blitzing LB and safties...If the line picks up the blitz and allows Brady time to go through his progressions. You can eat up significant chunks of yardage and once you've taken away thier blitz packages and forced thier safties to play 12 to 15 yards deep. It opens up the middle of the field and I like our chances with thier LB covering our skill guys...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

oh their game plan will definately be to get to brady...if they can do that it will be a long day... but pats will spread like others say and you could have moss on revis and hernandez/tate on cromartie and endleman and welker inside...  whos gonna cover them...smith??? dont even know their other saftey...  long day for jests...   exposure will take place...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Ofcourse with Revis on Moss Welker/Eldelman/the TE's and fualk will get alot more looks...but look for them to try Tate down field a few times

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

2 tights, 2 wides, 1 back.   Spread the tights out wide and pull their LB's out of the middle.  If they counter with nickel...Use the 2 tights to run it right at a Jenkinsless and Paceless D.

That O package could also turn into a 5 wideout formation, especially if the back is Faulk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Re: How will the pats offense attack the jets:
    [QUOTE]My first thought is dust off last years gameplan and do it again. I think we will see the spread but it will probably be a bit different than it has in the past.  I think they come out like this Moss         Gronk/Light/Connolly/Koppen/Neal/Vollmer/Hernandez        Welker                                               Brady                                               Taylor Basically baiting the Jets to keep their nickel and dime packages on the sidelines.  If they do then I think the Pats go no huddle (no subs for defense) and split Gronk and or Hernandez out wide to take advantage of a mismatch against LB'ers in coverage (Especially since Pace, one of their better LB'ers is out). But I doubt the Jets fall for that because they know the Pats are far more dangerous in the air than on the ground.  I think they go nickel and count on the talent they have up front to stop the run.  Even still I think the Pats find a soft spot to make passes and do most of their damage there, although it will not be easy.  I think this is going to be a building block to their gameplan most of the year but the Jets are one of the few teams who have the talent on defense to make mismatches difficult to find.  But, until I see otherwise Welker is a mismatch by himself, and there is no fancy gameplanning needed to take advantage of that.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Modified:

Moss                     ML/Con/Kop/Neal/Vol                      Hern
                        Gronk                                                
                 Welker                                               

Brady Faulk

Motion Gronk Left to right to fill the wing, Faulk spreads wide out to the oposite field of Moss and Hernandez steps back off the Line of scrimmage into the slot. Welker and Hern run a crossing pattern 10 yards deep, moss and faulk run 7 yard in cuts and Gronk runs a left flag... If the blitz the middle and the Safeties latch onto Hern and Wleker Gronk will run right through the crossing pattern and be wide open 20 yards deep along the left hash mark.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The Pats are going to come out gunning. The tight end for the Ravens was particularly effective and we have 3 pretty good tight ends. I don't think we'll have much success running the ball so let's just blast away. Let them blitz their LB's and we'll burn them over the middle all day long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Three wide. One TE. One RB. 

They are going to do exactly what they did when  they beat them last season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: How will the pats offense attack the jets:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How will the pats offense attack the jets : Modified: Moss                     ML/Con/Kop/Neal/Vol                      Hern                     Gronk                                                              Welker                                                                                             Brady Faulk   Motion Gronk Left to right to fill the wing, Faulk spreads wide out to the oposite field of Moss and Hernandez steps back off the Line of scrimmage into the slot. Welker and Hern run a crossing pattern 10 yards deep, moss and faulk run 7 yard in cuts and Gronk runs a left flag... If the blitz the middle and the Safeties latch onto Hern and Wleker Gronk will run right through the crossing pattern and be wide open 20 yards deep along the left hash mark.
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

THe thing is, BB can use so many more different people in formations as compared to last year.

Keep in mind, NY treated Week 2 last year as a SB with no Welker and Brady coming off a missed season and a recently cracked rib in preseason.

Congrats to the Jets last year on their win, but they can expect a far more potent offense this year based on health and personnel alone.

Line up Edelman at RB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from randym81. Show randym81's posts

The way the Pats will attack the Jets defense will be with the intermediate passing game. Revis is going to be matched-up on Moss all game, which is fine. Moss will run deep routes to clear out Revis, don't expect much production from Moss. The Jets aren't going to let Welker run free either, so expect to see Welker double teamed and jammed at the line much like the Saints did last year. The difference is this year we have other weapons besides Welker and Moss. Expect to see Tate, Gronkowski and Hernandez to all have a big day. If Edelman is healthy and plays, it's going to be really fun watching Brady pick apart this Jets defense Sunday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

welker, tight ends, and edelman (if he plays) will be the key to this game.  look for the TE trio to pick up some essential 3rd down conversions and redzone TD.

based on mondays performance by the jets, the pats wont need an offensive show like they had sunday. i say pats will win this one 20-10

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They will try to get yards and touchdowns running and passing the ball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

First pass will be a bomb to Tate running down the left side, i also see Hernandez having a huge game this week.

Taylor and Alge will make their money in protection packages when their numbers are called.  It will be a bad day for the notyets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

We will use out TE's, Welker and also run up the soft spot in the middle.....