How will this draft measure up to the Pats 95 draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Re: How will this draft measure up to the Pats 95 draft

I remember that draft, it was the 1st draft I ever followed, imo, one of the best drafts ever, Ted Johnson was a beast, Curtis Martin was very good as well, this draft was the reason they got into the superbowl in 97

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Ty law is the only one that really helped us. Ted Johnson was on those teams but he was hurt most of the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When this draft happend I thought at the time that Parcells didn't know what he was doing and we lost out. Ty Law was known as the player that gave up the hail mary pass to Colorado and was on the cover of SI. Ted Johnson was a slow unathletic linebacker from Colorado that was projected to go much lower. Curtis Martin was coming off an injury at Pittsburgh. And what happens.... Ty Law turns out to be one of the best and most physical corners they have ever had. Ted Johnson became one of the best run stopping middle linebackers around. Curtis Martin is going to the Hall of Fame. Amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: How will this draft measure up to the Pats 95 draft:
    Ty law is the only one that really helped us. Ted Johnson was on those teams but he was hurt most of the time.
    Posted by jerh5

Actually Teddy was hurt some of the time, but the Pats played far better when he was healthy.  He certainly helped them win 3 SBs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

That was Bobby Greir picking up the groceries for Parcells.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by BSII

It's funny when you people talk about Bobby Greir as being a poor evaluator of talent, he's no worse or better than most of them. Some of his picks were; Terry Glenn, Lawyer Milloy, Kevin Faulk, Tebucky Jones, Robert Edwards, Chad Eaton, there's probably more and I know there's some bust in there as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

This is the rest of the 1995 draft. There were two other starters drafted.

3b Jimmy Hitchcock 88 CB North Carolina -started for the Pats his 2nd and 3rd years.

4a Dave Wohlabaugh 112 C Syracuse -starting center for Superbowl XXXI

6 Dino Philyaw 195 RB Oregon - cut by September

7 Carlos Yancy 234 CB Georgia - played 4 games. Played one year.

I forget why Hitchcock went to Minnesota, but I seem to recall that Wohlabaugh wanted more money than the Pats wanted to pay him.

Wohlabaugh made the Patriots' all-nineties team.

Five starters is an incredible draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Letting Martin get free was a bad move but that stuff happens.  2009 and 2010 drafts both look to be solid and we'll know better in two years how they look. It is a scarey thought but if 2011 is as solid the Patriots will have stocked their team to be SB favorites through the next decade.

Be interesting if they have simmilar success from 2010 through 2019 like they did from 2000 through 2009.  It could happen as long as the NFL doesn't implode with a lock out or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Posted by BSII

Actually I think '94-96 drafts was Charley Army picking the groceries for Parcells.  After Parcells left in '97, they replaced Army with Bobby Grier.  Army then went to St. Louis and rebuilt that team into a monster.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i think it will top '95s draft

Sections
Shortcuts