How will this impact on the market value for Vollmer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

How will this impact on the market value for Vollmer?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8995712/2013-nfl-free-agency-new-york-giants-keep-beatty-5-year-deal

The Giants signed Will Beatty to a 5 years, 38.5 millions dollars contract with 19 millions guaranteed. Beatty is a LT, but, like Vollmer, also has problems with back injuries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: How will this impact on the market value for Vollmer?

It might help set the market for Vollmer. Now it is LT vs RT and historically RT's have gotten 10-20% less then their LT counterparts so that should be around what Vollmer might get. But, we have to know the details before making judgement. We know half is gauranteed but what's the yearly breakdown and what does year 4 and 5 look like. I know the Giants were kind of up against it so I'd imagine the first couple of years are more team friendly and more back loaded

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Like kind and or quality. If Vollmer is OK he's worth perhaps a touch more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

It might help set the market for Vollmer. Now it is LT vs RT and historically RT's have gotten 10-20% less then their LT counterparts so that should be around what Vollmer might get. But, we have to know the details before making judgement. We know half is gauranteed but what's the yearly breakdown and what does year 4 and 5 look like. I know the Giants were kind of up against it so I'd imagine the first couple of years are more team friendly and more back loaded

Vollmer has played LT though.  I could see a team signing him to play LT. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

To the Pats?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

To the Pats?

Yup, I think he's a better player that Beatty. Vollmer will get paid if the Pats feel his back is sound. It's health with Vollmer, not talent.

I actually liked Vollmer at LT better than RT to be honest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Vollmer has played LT though.  I could see a team signing him to play LT. 

He has played LT but not to the quality of a top 5 LT. He's a top 3 RT. I would say he'd make more as a top end RT then half a year of good LT play

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.