How would Patriots Nation like an owner like Jerry Jones?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How would Patriots Nation like an owner like Jerry Jones?

Watching the ESPN show NFL Insiders, it had a segment which involved Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.  Got me to thinking.  (Yeah, it set off all the smoke alarms in my house!)

How would Pats fans react to having an owner like Jerry Jones who also acts as the GM?  For someone who is a business owner, making his mega bucks from oil, he surely "thinks" he knows how to run a team from a pure "football" perspective.  He certainly likes to have control.  I can imagine if he let Parcells or Johnson as HCs run the team fully, the Cowboys may have a few more playoff successes, ya think?  Given how some here blast BB as a GM, there would be a field day here, let alone a revolt, if the Patriots had an owner like Jones.

What ya'll think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: How would Patriots Nation like an owner like Jerry Jones?

If we still had Brady, I could live with Jones as an owner. But I would prefer Kraft any day.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

He's one of the worst owners in the league.  He wants to win, but doesn't know how. He's Al Davis pre-senile years.

These older owners don't get the cap.  It's why Jimmy Johnson quit.

THANKS, I meant Johnson, not Jones.  Besides, from what you read, the coaches and players just about walk on eggshells when it comes to talking about Jones' "football" decisions!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

If we still had Brady, I could live with Jones as an owner. But I would prefer Kraft any day.

Agree...Tom Brady covers many sins. that said..Kraft is light years ahead

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

He's one of the worst owners in the league.  He wants to win, but doesn't know how. He's Al Davis pre-senile years.

THANKS, I meant Johnson, not Jones.  Besides, from what you read, the coaches and players just about walk on eggshells when it comes to talking about Jones' "football" decisions!!

Woody Johnson? You're confusing me. Let me make it easy..Top 5 worst owners in no order:

Jerry Jones (dumb and ego)

Dan Snyder (dumb and ego)

Woody Johnson (dumb and ego)

Bill Bidwell (cheap)

Mike Brown (cheap)

HC Jimmy Johnson, like you had.  The Cowboys did not have an HC named Jones, unless we consider Jones the "real" HC and Garrett the figurehead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

No, Bustchise.  BB does.  11-5 in 2008 with Cassel.  Case closed.

When BB wins coach of the year, going 13-3 with the injuries to Gronk to start the year and losing Mayo, Wilfork and Kelly like that, not to mention his coaching up of all of these rookies, it will again be seen that the real genius behind it all isn't a QB in a very easy offensive era of the NFL, but Bill Belichick.

You know, he's the guy who left your Jets wisely at the altar over a decade ago.

Come on, Rusty...  TB and BB are joined at the hip.  Yes, BB has coached the team superbly, but, it help to have key personel in the right places to pull it off.  Obviously, we'll never know how BB's overall success since attaining the HC job was impacted by having TB as his QB for the last 12 years +.  Look at the Colts and the years Manning was there.  Was it coach or Manning? (I'll give you it was mostly Manning there, just saying)  Patriots have had the best of both worlds: A great coach AND a great QB together!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Woody Johnson? You're confusing me. Let me make it easy..Top 5 worst owners in no order:

Jerry Jones (dumb and ego)

Dan Snyder (dumb and ego)

Woody Johnson (dumb and ego)

Bill Bidwell (cheap)

Mike Brown (cheap)

HC Jimmy Johnson, like you had.  The Cowboys did not have an HC named Jones, unless we consider Jones the "real" HC and Garrett the figurehead.

What? Are you high? You thread title says "owner", not "coach".

What I meant was, sorry for not being clear, if Parcells and Johnson were allowed to run the teams as the HCs without so much interference by Jones, who wanted to control everything as the ownerAND a GM.  Let football minds run the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You'll have to excuse rusty folks...he's on record saying he'd rather have Tony Romo as a quarterback than Tom. It was three weeks after he said he'd trade Brady for a second round draft pick (five minutes after the Cardinal's game last year).

This was a rough time for him (to be honest), he was crediting all our victories to Patrick Chung and our 30th ranked defense. Hey how's Chung doing these days? Geez I sure do miss that locker room cancer...injury waiting to happen, lost in coverage, afraid to take on anything in the box...choke artist:) And I know rusty does too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

11-5 in 2008 with Cassel.  Case closed.

Career loser without Brady. LMAO@U

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

earlier this year our Defense was winning those games for us and Brady was terrible even with new WRs.

Pure stupidity. His 3 top receivers in the early games had a total of 13 NFL starts between them going in. Yet he still managed to get us to a 4-0 start, the team averaging over 22 points a game.

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You'll have to excuse rusty folks...he's on record saying he'd rather have Tony Romo as a quarterback than Tom.

You forgot Alex Smith as well.

Rusty is the worst Patriots fan that ever lived.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Or how about an owner like Victor Kiam?  Oh wait. . .   :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

You meant Jerry Jones, as you said at the beginning.  I often have pause to separate the Joneses from the Johnsons.

Jerry Jones actually is a real football guy not just an owner.  Buuuut, has has been said so was Uncle Al the Kiddie's Pal Davis.  His ego is to big to let the people he hired alone to do their job.

He may just be a good trading partner (victim) for Belichick.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

NFL insituted a salary cap in 1994.

Jimmy Johnson quit as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 1993.

Jimmy Johnson did not quit the Cowboys becuse of Jerry not being able to handle a salary cap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

NFL insituted a salary cap in 1994.

Jimmy Johnson quit as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 1993.

Jimmy Johnson did not quit the Cowboys becuse of Jerry not being able to handle a salary cap.

Well, Rusty is a born liar, so no surprise here. He also just makes things up constantly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Kraft seems to have given autonomy to those whose knowledge of the game exceeds his own. This is what most great employers do. Egocentric/Autocratic owners are prone to making bad unilateral decisions or overruling(thus undermining) the staff they hired (Snyder, Jones). I make a distinction with Al Davis (both a coach and owner)as being the anomaly in this case, however, it was clear that he should have ceded some authority after some bad decisions. Authority over staff is not the same as financial control of an organization.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts