How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=6699864

These proposed changes really clash with Kraft/BB's style of picking up no names/has beens for great value. I couldnt see the patriots start dishing out huge contracts, and to who? I feel like this "extra" money with be used to extended current contracts like Mankins and I think Mayo's gonna get a big extension this season. Defintly deserves one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules?

In Response to How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules?:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=6699864 These proposed changes really clash with Kraft/BB's style of picking up no names/has beens for great value. I couldnt see the patriots start dishing out huge contracts, and to who? I feel like this "extra" money with be used to extended current contracts like Mankins and I think Mayo's gonna get a big extension this season. Defintly deserves one
    Posted by ben-umass

I find it incredible the "employees" are dictating to the employer how much revenue must be paid to them and, on top of that, to tell them they HAVE to spend a certain amount of millions in salary.  Wouldn't you love to tell your employer that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I hope they make all teams spend to the cap.  That means no more $20 mill under for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules?:
    In Response to How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules? : I find it incredible the "employees" are dictating to the employer how much revenue must be paid to them and, on top of that, to tell them they HAVE to spend a certain amount of millions in salary.  Wouldn't you love to tell your employer that?
    Posted by agcsbill

yes yes, youve made your opinion very known on this board.  but as we all know its not a mcdonalds employee asking for a cut, this is the product asking for what they think theyre worth (however the owners started the lockout, but both sides are posturing jack@$$e$).

regardless, im pretty sure the pats spend to the cap most years anyway.  not tons of huge money contracts, but many smaller and fairer ones

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Question: If the Pats spend to the cap and injuries occur to major players, will that leave any cap room to add replacements?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Question: If the Pats spend to the cap and injuries occur to major players, will that leave any cap room to add replacements?
    Posted by digger0862

Your not replacing a major player with another major player in season.  You will be getting a practice squad player or unsigned veteran for what equates to a bag of Donuts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by digger0862

I'm sure they will include a clause that if a player gets injured they are allowed certain cap flexibility while the player is injury. Something like an adjustment to the injury system which you can put players on a 4 game, 8 game, or season ending IR and get a percentage of that players salary (based on games missed) to be used for a replacement player during that time period

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

In Response to How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules? : I find it incredible the "employees" are dictating to the employer how much revenue must be paid to them and, on top of that, to tell them they HAVE to spend a certain amount of millions in salary.  Wouldn't you love to tell your employer that?
    Posted by agcsbill

If you were one of a group of 1,500 people in the world that could help your company make 9 billion dollars, then I think you'd have better leverage than you probably have at your current job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: How would Pats be affected by proposed salary cap rules? : If you were one of a group of 1,500 people in the world that could help your company make 9 billion dollars, then I think you'd have better leverage than you probably have at your current job.
    Posted by heisthejuan

Bingo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Last year was the only year the Pats stayed way under the cap and that was in anticipation of a lower salary cap this year. By doing this they would not have to cut any players and be in prime position to sign veterans that will now be desperate for a jon since free agency will be a free for all. Here's a real good patriots site 60maxpowero.com They have some good stuff

Sections
Shortcuts