How would you grade the Patriots offseason so far?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

How would you grade the Patriots offseason so far?

Click on your grade below!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: How would you grade the Patriots offseason so far?

it's heading in the right direction. midterm grades on this isn't too meaningful. This is a better poll for August or next January.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cannon-Ball. Show Cannon-Ball's posts

I love the pickups... we didn't go overboard signing any huge contracts.  Fred Taylor... love it... Leigh Bodden... love it...   if Joey Galloway produces anything... it was a home run.  If they can ink Wilfork after the draft... add a Connor Barwin...  I think we come out great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Kyle-  I was just trying to get an idea how people feel with the offseason signings.  The grade would probably change after the draft with all of the picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

So far I'm quite surprised at the number of moves the Pats have made. Definately looking forward to the draft and seeing what unfolds there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I think in the free-agency the pats have done well on paper that is.how these guys pan out remains to be seen.I would like to see a big impact player land here,but im not holding my breath.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

You cannot grade it until after the season, so dont bother trying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

The main thing is BB is trying to get better in areas of need and that's a good sign.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think they did very well, surprisingly well.  They can go after the best player available with their picks instead of drafting for need.  It helps explain the early departure of Cassel and Vrabel.  It freed up the cap space to where they could go after FAs to fill the roster up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think we have set our selves up for a deep playoff run and a real shot at a super bowl. This team has a real 2003 type feel to it for me and i could see them making it to the big show.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They seem to have picked up their supporting guys for relatively dirt cheap prices, in the Patriots mode. 

Cassel:  C for not signing him a year ago (but how could they have known), C+ for unloading him and, honestly, Mike Vrabel to clear salary cap space, but only for a #34 second round (= 1 more year on contract) pick, which isn't bad value starting with a seventh rounder who is already a free agent.  Maybe they could have done better.  At least they signed the best players after the salary cap release.

Fred Taylor:  B+
    Two cornerbacks: B+
    Joey Galloway: B+

The usual obscure pickups who will suddenly do ok, considering their price:  B+ 

Wangling three more draft choices including a third rounder (actually a decision made 12 months ago when the guys were let go):  A

Getting San Diego's #47 (last year):  A.  I see a good forecasting call on how bad S.D. would be this season.  Magnificent compiling of six value picks in the first three rounds, a real parade, and no holdouts are expected.

The Patriots staff has worked their tails off all offseason. 

Lots of teams have stood around or have gotten one big "star" like T.O. in the same time period.  Overall, B+.  Note that lots and lots of teams get a C average from me. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

They got the best they could for positions that need attention for the money they could spend. We've got the draft yet and who ever knows whether they'll all gell or whether or not certain guys will stay healthy.

Have to give it an incomplete. Ask me at the end of September

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I think it's been a great offseason for the Pats as compared to last season.  They didn't wait too long to fill in some serious needs, and I love all the 2nd rd picks, the Pats should get some real contributions out of this year's draft.  Jason Taylor would be the icing on the cake and would solve quite a few problems with the pass rush.