Hoyer Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Hoyer Cut

31st in passing yards not 32, and they were 15th points allowed (which is the defensive stat that matters if you ask me) the secondary is still suspect but with serviceable players replacing wide relievers they are without a doubt better (not hard to do from last year). But Defense up front should not onlythe good but they will help out the secondary.  Top 10 defense???? Probably not, but then again playing the JETS twice a year might resuslt in 2 shutouts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ughhhh I can't edit posts!!!! Sorry I was going to fix the grammatical errors but I just wanted to get my post up first.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

and just a year ago the pats could have gotten a first for Hoyer.  Now they just cut him. 

Bad job by Belichick.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Hoyer Cut:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hoyer Cut:

and just a year ago the pats could have gotten a first for Hoyer.  Now they just cut him. 

Bad job by Belichick.

Yeah, I am sure you have first hand knowledge of this. You must be on a first name basis with all the GM's in the league. 

Perhaps you could provide a source that says the Pat's could have  definitively traded Hoyer for a 1st round pick. 

[/QUOTE]

And even if they could have traded him, they needed him.  Mallet was hardly ready to be the number 2 QB last year.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Hey Jet M

What do you think of Matt Simms? Did you follow his career from Don Bosco Prep in Ramasay, NJ and the several stops he made en route to Tennessee? Since you follow the Jets closely I would like your honest evaluation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I am sure you have first hand knowledge of this. You must be on a first name basis with all the GM's in the league. 

Perhaps you could provide a source that says the Pat's could have  definitively traded Hoyer for a 1st round pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he is just mocking posters here who tend to overvalue NE players a lil bit

Bring back the emoticons! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Most of us believed Hoyer was available for a 4th or 5th round pick. He seemed "different" this year and lowered his value to zero.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Two healthy and competent quarterbacks (and a competent offensive line) are equal to three or four oft-injured or incompetent quarterbacks.  The injury rules on quarterbacks are cutting down on the number of knockouts.  BB only needs two on the roster in any one week, barring an utter disaster.  If one quarterback gets injured some week, just pick up a JAG quarterback as the new temporary backup.  Save a roster spot.

This is a commentary on Mallett.  Ryan Mallett's mechanics may still need work, but he played his scrubs commendably against the Giants' first string defense.  Mallett is tall enough to throw over anybody's reach, so balls tipped at the line aren't a problem.  Mallett can hi t Brandon Lloyd 50 yards downfield with accuracy. 

This of course says something about Hoyer.  The guy didn't have any trade value despite being Brady's sole backup for one year.  Maybe he's injured.  Maybe he has some bad habit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

THe dog is right guys.  I hope before BB does anything again regarding the QB's he makes a quick call to the Colts front office and gets some advice.

At least we still have our star QB playing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

THe dog is right guys.  I hope before BB does anything again regarding the QB's he makes a quick call to the Colts front office and gets some advice.

At least we still have our star QB playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Two healthy and competent quarterbacks (and a competent offensive line) are equal to three or four oft-injured or incompetent quarterbacks.  The injury rules on quarterbacks are cutting down on the number of knockouts.  BB only needs two on the roster in any one week, barring an utter disaster.  If one quarterback gets injured some week, just pick up a JAG quarterback as the new temporary backup.  Save a roster spot.

This is a commentary on Mallett.  Ryan Mallett's mechanics may still need work, but he played his scrubs commendably against the Giants' first string defense.  Mallett is tall enough to throw over anybody's reach, so balls tipped at the line aren't a problem.  Mallett can hi t Brandon Lloyd 50 yards downfield with accuracy. 

This of course says something about Hoyer.  The guy didn't have any trade value despite being Brady's sole backup for one year.  Maybe he's injured.  Maybe he has some bad habit.

Agree with keeping 2 qb's, roster spots are tough to come by.

If the Pats need their 3 string qb, they will be in trouble anyway.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I do. It was all over this board last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ahhh, this is pretty much a no brainer that Hoyer was the guy who was going if somebody was going this year. He's to be a FA. Mallet has years left on a modest rookie contract. Mallet was a fairly high draft pick. He has to have potentially more upside with that arm.  Nothing about that formula shows Hoyer staying unless Mallet was a complete disaster or BB needed another year of QB insurance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Mallet has the tools. If he can Arron Rogers/ Steve Young it for a few more years love to have him here. lol He'd be Weeden's age.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he is just mocking posters here who tend to overvalue NE players a lil bit

Bring back the emoticons! [/QUOTE]

Nah, posters here have more football knowledge than even their coach.  Hoyer defintely was worth a first.  I know.  I saw it written. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Mallet has a lot more upside than Hoyer.  This was a nobrainer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Instead of starting my own self aggrandizing thread, I'll accept all the praise and adulation here instead for stating this a month before pre-season began, along with stating that Mallett would be the QB of the future the day he was drafted.

I won't be referring to myself in third person though...

Wozzy - Mallet still has a ways to go before he proves he will be a top 10 QB in this league. Evidently BB agrees that he has more upside than Hoyer. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ahhh, this is pretty much a no brainer that Hoyer was the guy who was going if somebody was going this year. He's to be a FA. Mallet has years left on a modest rookie contract. Mallet was a fairly high draft pick. He has to have potentially more upside with that arm.  Nothing about that formula shows Hoyer staying unless Mallet was a complete disaster or BB needed another year of QB insurance.

Babe, please STOP saying reasonable things! Just stop it! 

... I SEE DEAD PEOPLE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

I am shocked that Hoyer was cut. I attributed his poor pre-season performance to poor offensive line play but I also understand that Mallet is progressing and we need the roster spot. Best to him!

I believe the pats cut Hoyer because he would not redo his contract. So if someone claims Hoyer off waivers, you will see the Pats get a PS QB. If Hoyer is available at week 1, the Pats will re-sign him for cheaper money.

Sections
Shortcuts