Hoyer, Koppen, Branch, Ihedigbo cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Hoyer, Koppen, Branch, Ihedigbo cut

Patriots making interesting moves with the releases of Deion Branch, Dan Koppen, Brian Hoyer. and James Ihedigo. Saves them $4.882 M of cap

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Re: Hoyer, Koppen, Branch, Ihedigbo cut

Ok does that mean Waters is coming back and Connonelly is the center?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Waters is suppossedly back, there were several tweets about that this morning, including that equiptment was moved into his locker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

In response to Hoyer, Koppen, Branch, Ihedigbo cut:

I'm shocked by Koppen, Branch and Hoyer. Koppen becuase if they were going to cut him it would have been the first round of cuts, this might open the door for Waters. Branch because they cut Stallworth and Gaffney as well. So they have Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Slater and....Ebert? for our recievers. Hoyer because Mallet has not been blowing anyone away in his preseason games/practice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Wow gotta say this comes as a huge surprise. I wonder if they're planning on making other moves with other players with the additional cap space.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

with that group of WR's I hope we can run the ball and the TE's stay healthy...that group aint scaring anyone

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

not surprised with hoyer or ihediblow at all. surprised with the release of branch, pretty thin at wide reciever now. but i guess when you have hernandez he in essence is a wide out. saved some good money against the cap at the same time. lets see if they pick up a piece or two after the leagues final cuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think they will be bringing in a new WR today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No surprises to me. Branch was pffft. Hoyer was overrated by the fans. Koppen was old and coming back from a big hurt. And Ihedigbo never was anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No surprises to me. Branch was pffft. Hoyer was overrated by the fans. Koppen was old and coming back from a big hurt. And Ihedigbo never was anything.

I wasn't a fan of Ihedigbo's play but man, his personal life story sure made me cheer for the guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Do you think Branch ends up as a Dolphin or Jet?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Hoyer will get picked up by somebody

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

with that group of WR's I hope we can run the ball and the TE's stay healthy...that group aint scaring anyone

Well consider looking at it this way: WR-Lloyd,Welker,Hernandez,Edelman,Slater
                                                           Te-Gronkowski,Fells,Silvestro,and Ballard off PUP Nov.
                                                           Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden
    Same players, but different outlook.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Do you think Branch ends up as a Dolphin or Jet?

Bronco

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Branch is the big surprise to me here, especially after Gaffney and Stallworth were let go.  Not a lot of depth at receiver unless Holley is better than we all think or BB has some other move up his sleeve. 

I suspected Hoyer would stick because Mallet didn't seem all that great to me, but then neither did Hoyer this year, so maybe BB just decided it wasn't worth keeping three QBs on the roster right now.  

Dig seemed like a cut to me since there are so many other guys who can do what he does and who seem to have more long term potential.  

Reports were Koppen wasn't looking good and some of the other back ups have been doing okay at center, so this isn't too big a surprise to me, even if Waters isn't coming back.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Maybe Gaffney is coming back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

I'm shocked by Koppen, Branch and Hoyer. Koppen becuase if they were going to cut him it would have been the first round of cuts, this might open the door for Waters. Branch because they cut Stallworth and Gaffney as well. So they have Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Slater and....Ebert? for our recievers. Hoyer because Mallet has not been blowing anyone away in his preseason games/practice.

Maybe they wanted to give him a chance to compete, and see what he can do, and in the end they just didn't like what they saw with Koppen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe Gaffney is coming back.

I wonder about that too  . . . though it would be odd to cut him when they did if they plan on bringing him back. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

No way I thought Gaffney, Stallworth, & Branch all would be cut.  Talk about being thin at WR.  Mabye some of these guys come back later.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

One things for sure, BB knows what he's doing. He's the best GM in football and surely has a plan that ties into these cuts. I've felt all along that Waters is coming back, looks like some of these bubble guys will make it and saving that much in salary could help in signing another new player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They look thin at WR but are they still better than last season there?  Lloyd is a better reciever than Branch and they are basically the same other than that. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Well consider looking at it this way: WR-Lloyd,Welker,Hernandez,Edelman,Slater
                                                           Te-Gronkowski,Fells,Silvestro,and Ballard off PUP Nov.
                                                           Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden
    Same players, but different outlook.

Part-timer I think you have nailed it. Silvestro showed to much to be cut from this team. Gronk, AH, Fells (contract) aren't going anywhere. Silvestros performance just sped up the time table to move AH to wideout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Babeparilli 7452 posts, you got your original avatar back? Didnt know why you were allegedly banned, but WB!

Sections
Shortcuts