HOYER SIGNS, GET A 2 FOR HIM BEFORE THE DRAFT.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

HOYER SIGNS, GET A 2 FOR HIM BEFORE THE DRAFT.

that would be ideal!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: HOYER SIGNS, GET A 2 FOR HIM BEFORE THE DRAFT.

Hoyer has been nothing but good in the limited times that he's been out there. The only problem is that he hasn't been out there enough for a team to give up a 2nd round pick. Too bad that the Redskins wont need a QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Browns could go after Hoyer

I have said before I would take their 3rd/5th for him

or trade Hoyer and pick 31 to the Browns for pick 22

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

It won't be a 2nd.  I'd take a 4th. In fact, I would take pretty much anything, really. He's an undrafted player so just get some ROI.

You're leverage is Cassel's development behind Brady.  I would imagine a handful of somewhat intelligent teams would have interest in using a draft pick on an already developed QB in a system like this v.s. a 2012 NCAA prospect in a round like the 4th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Why do people think Hoyer is worth so much to another team?  He is 27/43 for 286 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT career.  And we will get a 2nd for this performance over a three year period? 

At least Cassell had a year under his belt.   Do you guys really believe that other teams feel he carries magic "Brady dust" with him if he leaves the Pats?  C'mon let's get back to reality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

reality is qbs matter adn teams overvalue them. a desperate team, perhaps one who lose a qb might offer a 2 during the season.

id take a 2 or 3.

might not balk at a 4 depending on circumstances.

yeah i do think he is worth something more than a middlin rookie qb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nobody will give a 2 for Hoyer. We barely got a 2 for Cassel and he had a full year on the field and put up some fairly good numbers.

I agree with Rusty. Maybe a 4th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Hmmm. Your logic doesn't make sense. Ryan Mallett was considered a steal in the draft as an early third round pick, with some mocks having him as a late first round pick, and is playing behind Hoyer. Hoyer has also had time to work and improve his skills learning from one of the best in the game. So according to your analysis, Mallett is worth less than a forth or fifth pick now? Why? Just based on this logic I think we could get a second round pick for Hoyer, maybe need to throw a 6th round pick in to sweaten the deal. BTW. I haven't heard a peep about Mallett. Is he meeting expectations?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: HOYER SIGNS, GET A 2 FOR HIM BEFORE THE DRAFT.:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm. Your logic doesn't make sense. Ryan Mallett was considered a steal in the draft as an early third round pick, with some mocks having him as a late first round pick, and is playing behind Hoyer. Hoyer has also had time to work and improve his skills learning from one of the best in the game. So according to your analysis, Mallett is worth less than a forth or fifth pick now? Why? Just based on this logic I think we could get a second round pick for Hoyer, maybe need to throw a 6th round pick in to sweaten the deal. BTW. I haven't heard a peep about Mallett. Is he meeting expectations?
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE] Why trade him at all? He's proficient when he takes the field. As for Mallett who knows how he's progressing he's even further behind the huge shadow of Tom Brady! People think Peyton casts a big shadow,we all know that Tom does,ask Matt Cassels!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm. Your logic doesn't make sense. Ryan Mallett was considered a steal in the draft as an early third round pick, with some mocks having him as a late first round pick,
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

You know all those guys who passed on Mallet and therefore made him a "steal" in the draft? They are the same guys you're going to have to try to get to cough up a 2nd rounder for Hoyer.

So since they passed on Mallet I doubt they're going to be using your rationalization of the value of Hoyer based on what a steal Mallet was.

Now, if some guys who made up mock drafts had 2nd round picks in the NFL draft to offer for Hoyer, you might have some workable logic there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We should trade any extra pick or player to Miami. Miami is going to bite this year worse then the hoffman's first year in Gold rush. Any future Miami pick will be like investing in Parker Schnovel.

I think we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for Hoyer, now if we make a conditional pick then that could work out better. A Miami 4th will be the first pick of the 3rd round next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In this league you need an experienced backup QB.  Mallett is only a second year guy.  Hoyer is 4th year and that's good. 

As with many other fairly good but not all-world players, the Pats will use up his incredibly cheap draft status, then let him walk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

why trade him for the 2 mil and for the draft pick we can use in this draft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I doubt Hoyer is going anywhere. BB thinks very highly of him, and I have read multiple times that the Pats believe he is an NFL starting caliber QB (although I don't have my own sources like Capitalist Avenger). Not sure Mallett is ready yet to run the offense even for a few series if TB were to go down. I have much  more confidence that Hoyer could hold it together, even for a few games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A first would be ridiculous. 3rd or 4th maybe. At this point he knows the Pats offense reasonably, but I can't see any team pulling a Scott Mitchell manoeuvre. Cassell had a full season under his belt and if had told me a 7th round, essentially irrelevent pick could be traded for 2nd I never would have believed you. Coach em and then get what you can. To me Hoyer could still be Drew Henson oart 2 or Kevin O Connell part 2. It's good to have a back-up that knows the system. Mallet is still just potential at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

my thinkingis if anythign were to happen to brady we arent going anywhere in the playoffs anyway. there is nothing to lose intrading him, but th epcik could help build our team now. also after this year he walks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people think Hoyer is worth so much to another team?  He is 27/43 for 286 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT career .  And we will get a 2nd for this performance over a three year period?  At least Cassell had a year under his belt.   Do you guys really believe that other teams feel he carries magic "Brady dust" with him if he leaves the Pats?  C'mon let's get back to reality.
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Kevin Kolb

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network was talking about the pats a week or so ago and said that if he had gotten a job this off season as a GM somewhere that needs a QB he was going to go after Hoyer. He said Hoyer is game ready and could start over at least a third of the QB's in the league starting right now.  He said his rational for giving up the second and a little more to get him now rather then waiting for him to be a UFA next year is cost. He believes Hoyer will get several offers next year, and if you do it now the cost to secure a good QB being the second and a sweetener is a good deal. 

He also said Mallett is the Heir apparent at this point with the Patriots, and that they are very happy with him and the coaching staff were looking forward to being able to really push him this off season.  The Pats believe they are all set with Mallett right now and are planning on drafting a 3rd string QB in 2013 draft to develop.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Not a 2nd round pick for him, anything from a 4th or 5th would be good for a guy who went undrafted. Any QB in Bill Belichicks system is going to be at the very least decent, he's a great quarterback coach, especially when he has them for a few years from when they are rookies. Mallett will be ready when its his time, i'd bet that he's going to be a good one, great arm too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hoyer might draw interest for a 2nd rounder but my preference would be to keep him.  Every time I've seen this guy take the field I've liked what I've seen.  Perfect?  Hardly but he seems in command of the offense and appears to make good reads.  Mallett has some growing to do.

My 2 cents.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Cassell had little experience when he took over in 2008.  There was talk of cutting him before the season began.  Hoyer could be good and a starting QB or he could be terrible and his weaknesses get exposed.   There has to be a reason he went undrafted.   Teams make mistakes and miss on draft picks, but a UDFA quarterback being a starter is a reach.   I think Mallet would be capable to fill in.  He was projected to go late first round.  He has a good arm just needs training camp and exibition games to get the NFL experience.  I think trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder would be a win

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Watch for Mallette to get more snaps in camp than Hoyer does. End of camp decision is made if Mallette is ready. If he is, Hoyer is discussed in a trade. Pats make a late rd QB draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

The NFL tends to have a short attention span, so I assume they'll be more interest during and after the preseason games.  I think Hoyer has developed into a fine QB.  I swear when he's out there, I see Brady (physically)...he's definitely been working at his craft and I think he could be a good, solid, NFL QB. 

Will they get a 2?  I doubt that, but it's a good initial asking price, especially if there's an injury or something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Cassel played so horribly in the preseason in 2008 I felt sorry for the guy cause it looked like he was going to be cut. Even being I liked the guy I couldnt justify keeping him over someone else. I was very surprised when he made the final roster cut downs.I believe that some guys just arn't good in preseason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody will give a 2 for Hoyer. We barely got a 2 for Cassel and he had a full year on the field and put up some fairly good numbers. I agree with Rusty. Maybe a 4th.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Barely got a 2 for Cassell? We got the first pick in the second round! And there were reports Josh McDaniels offered a 1st round pick for him but this was after the handshake agreement with KC.