Hoyer Still in Play for a Trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Hoyer Still in Play for a Trade?

With all the excitement about the Pats moving up to get Jones and Hightower the chatter about the trading of Hoyer for a pick has died down.

And with Miami and Cleveland taking QB's in the 1st round and there still being some solid QB prospects (Osweiler etc.) on the board one wonders if Hoyer is still in play for a trade? Yet, since we have only 2 more picks left for this year and have gained no additional picks for next year I wonder if trading Hoyer is part of the plan right now for acquiring extra picks? And with who? 

I have been an advocate of holding on to Hoyer as back-up insurance for Brady and as a potential replacement for him but the current scenario of lacking picks could make the trade of Hoyer more probable if there is a trading partner available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Re: Hoyer Still in Play for a Trade?

Hoyer is nothing but a clipboard guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Nope...no NFL fits that I can see .

The closest fit might be Broncs with aging PM .

Add in the fact that Hoyer is only under contracr for one more season and I gotta believe his trade value is next to zilch .

IMO -
    Pats best bet for moving him ( if thats what BB wants ) would be due to camp injury or early season mishap to a Qb.

Like it or not  - Pats are likely married to Hoyer

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Hoyer Still in Play for a Trade?:
    [QUOTE]At this point I like Hoyer over Mallett. If injury to TB, I'm going with Hoyer.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Maybe, things are working out for the best this way! We need the QB insurance and Hoyer has fit in well here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Hoyer Still in Play for a Trade?:
    [QUOTE]With all the excitement about the Pats moving up to get Jones and Hightower the chatter about the trading of Hoyer for a pick has died down. And with Miami and Cleveland taking QB's in the 1st round and there still being some solid QB prospects (Osweiler etc.) on the board one wonders if Hoyer is still in play for a trade? Yet, since we have only 2 more picks left for this year and have gained no additional picks for next year I wonder if trading Hoyer is part of the plan right now for acquiring extra picks? And with who?  I have been an advocate of holding on to Hoyer as back-up insurance for Brady and as a potential replacement for him but the current scenario of lacking picks could make the trade of Hoyer more probable if there is a trading partner available.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

There's no way BB is going to get rid of Brady's backup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]Nope...no current NFL fits that I can see anywhere .  The closest fit might be Broncs with aging PM .  Add in the fact that Hoyer is only under contracr for one more season and I gotta believe his trade value is next to zilch .  IMO - Pats best bet for moving him ( if thats what BB wants ) would be due to camp injury or early season mishap to a Qb. Like it or not  - Pats are likely married to Hoyer
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I think you are right. Denver has the most need but I don't see BB doing something to strengthen Manning/Elway and company. That makes no sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hoyer Still in Play for a Trade? : I think you are right. Denver has the most need but I don't see BB doing something to strengthen Manning/Elway and company. That makes no sense.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

BB never does anything unless he thinks it strengthens him. He once dealt Bledsoe in-division. He CUT Milloy just before the season.

If someone offered up a decent pick, especially with the the apparent quality and depth still available...why not? Fact is, unless Brady gets injured, Hoyer never sees the field for anything meaningful. His rookie contract will expire before Brady retires. Mallet actually makes more sense to keep because I believe they control him a year longer, if not two.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

I think SF needs a backup QB . Smith has been yo yoed in and out of the starting job the previous few years, but was much more consistent last year. He has no quality backup. Josh Johnson was acquired fron Tampa were he was the third string and had horrible play time stats. Kaepernick, selected in the second round last year has not progressed. So they bassically have a shakey Smith and 2 third stringers. Hoyer would fit here. Just wish that BB gave him more snaps in junk time so he would have some "experience" exposure.

Sections
Shortcuts