Hoyer to Cleveland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Hoyer to Cleveland

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000202155/article/brian-hoyer-cleveland-browns-reach-2year-contract

I'm guessing this puts an to the Mallet-to-Browns speculations. I like Hoyer, and think he has a decent chance for making the roster with the Browns over Jason Campbell, though Weeden will probably start Week 1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Hoyer to Cleveland

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000202155/article/brian-hoyer-cleveland-browns-reach-2year-contract

I'm guessing this puts an to the Mallet-to-Browns speculations. I like Hoyer, and think he has a decent chance for making the roster with the Browns over Jason Campbell, though Weeden will probably start Week 1.

I heard this yesterday I think it was. That probably kills the mallet for phil taylor swap as well.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Interesting that Mike Lombardi played the wait and see what shakes out of the trees approach. Brian Hoyer might be able to run the Cleveland offense, and he might even be able to win a few games, but he doesn't have the arm that Mallett has. They might as well have invited Young,Russell and name a dud too camp while they were at it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I like Jason Campbell over Hoyer.  Hoyer never impressed me, couldn't see why the Pats even had him for as long as they did.  A warm body to fill in for TFB if anyone ever needed to, but Hoyer was no Matt Cassell.   It would have been a nightmare if Hoyer ever had to carry a season like Cassell had to.  Would have been horrible!  Campbell was a starter in the league, Hoyer never will be. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If CLE was interested in Mallett as has been speculated, bringing in Hoyer doesn't change that at all. Hoyer is a backup at best, he's nobody's idea of a franchise guy and never will be. Mallett very well could be a franchise guy.

This is no different than if they had brought in Charlie Batch or someone of that type.