Huff to Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Huff to Ravens

The guy they can't replace is Ray Lewis. He was like a DC on the field. 

Huff was an ok signing. Funny, he is the kind of player that people would be stoked about if BB signed him, but think its garbage that the dirty birds did. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Told ya. Ravens done! Salary cap hell in full affect people! Scarraaaary indeed. I just love how irrationals are exposed - here we have a team that won the Super Bowl and now they're tearing it down. They got rid of a 35 year old safety and replaced him with a former first round safety that is 30 years old...who fits into their system. Dumb, just dumb. They lose an overrated player and replace him with one of the best pass rushers in the NFL with Dumervil. Another dumb move. They lost their 36 year old slow and done middle linebacker and will replace him with someone in the draft. Another dumb move. 

Getting younger, winning a Super Bowl, resigning their QB. Dumb, just dumb. What they should of done was not payed guys like Lewis, Reed and Suggs in the first place. Then they could of not spent to the cap - instead used up 20 first and second round selections to cheaply replace those players. Then they should of treated free agency like it was the plague...just sign guys that were washed up or backups. That way it kind of is like low risk..high reward. Yeah you may never see a reward, but it's smart. And yeah, you won't win a Super Bowl this way, but you'll have so much more money to spend on 34 year old safeties and 35 year old pass rushers. And guess what? You guessed it!! When they don't work out, it won't of cost you much...low risk, high reward on the backside! Boom, just like that!

Told ya. Stupid Ozzie Newsome.

^Dumb as a bag of rocks. 

The Jets are switching out their D just like the Ravens.  It still won't work. Name 1 team that switched out its base and somehow won a SB by doing it.

Either name the team or enjoy showcasing your ignorance, as you usually do.

You two hyenas just make yourselves look stupid back and forth, over and over, feeding off each other's stupidity. It's hilarious to watch.

Rkarp spends 2-3 years warning us about how tough the Jets are by doing it, they're now paying for it, and somehow Ozzie "Newman" has some different recipe to buck the system with an overpaid QB, no #1 WR, more cuts to come, holes all over the O Line, no quality down the middle, etc.

bawhah

GM of the year!

- Sergio Kindle, Dawan Landry, Mt Cody, et al

lol

Doesn't understand the word...can't read. It's as simple as that folks! Do a little joke about the salary cap and fee agency and he brings up the jets. _______ as a bag of rocks.

word bank

Dumb      Smart        Cat      Car     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

The guy they can't replace is Ray Lewis. He was like a DC on the field. 

Huff was an ok signing. Funny, he is the kind of player that people would be stoked about if BB signed him, but think its garbage that the dirty birds did. 

Normally I'd agree...great player...smart, reads things in an instant, tough, physical...can do it all, but he sure wasn't playing like that in the playoffs. The guy was hanging on by a thread. I would even go so far to say he was hurting them as much as helping at the end.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Great pickup for the defending World Champs-They dumped the old man Ed Reed and Lewis retired. He was done anyway. Picking up Elvis was a great move and paying the QB what he deserved.

Now the pats-They get rid of the most productive player arguably in the NFL for a guy that played maybe 11 games last year. The pats still don't have a real WR and the QB is getting older by the minute as we all witnessed last year late in the year and of course that horrible playoff game that he single handidly lost for the pats.

If the pats and Ravens were playing tomorrow the spread would be Ravens giving 11 to the pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it is a good signing by the ravens.....but it is dumb to say they wont miss ed reed....he changed the whole game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

it is a good signing by the ravens.....but it is dumb to say they wont miss ed reed....he changed the whole game.

Now granted I haven't read through this entire thread, but did anyone say they won't miss Ed Reed? Did anyone say Huff is a better player than Ed? I think the whole basis of the thread is that the Ravens have signed two pretty good players this week. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Now granted I haven't read through this entire thread, but did anyone say they won't miss Ed Reed? Did anyone say Huff is a better player than Ed? I think the whole basis of the thread is that the Ravens have signed two pretty good players this week. 

Of course you didn't read the whole thread. You're busy filling muffin tins and have a short attention span which is why you don't read big boy books, have poor reading comprehension and feature a lower IQ.

Name one NFL team in the cap era that has swapped out large swaths of their D and then were as good or better?

It doesn't exist. Either name the team or move on.  So far, no one has raved about these moves can present a team that swapped out 80% of their starting D, in this case a SB winning D, and were as good or better.

I don't care if Baltimore signed Mickey Mouse or Superman, they won't be a better D after losing Ed Reed and Ray Lewis and having no one in the pipelin to take over, short of moving a CB to now Strong Safety (Jimmy Smith), which is an entirely different skill set.

Yes, we have people on this thread claiming Reed and Lewis were hanging by a thread and won't be missed because of their age.

Laughable premise.  You can't replace experience, legendary instincts and HOF pedigree with Mike Huff or some other MLB they bring in to pair whoever else they have in mind at MLB.

There aren't many experienced 3-4 MLBs available, and they still aren't set up to play a straight 4-3 either.

Dumervil absolutely sucks as an OLB vs the run, too. 

But, they're a "dream team" without Lewis and Reed not there now. LOL

I'm sorry, what's your point? You think this is about the Ravens having a better defense next year? Wow, it's almost as if you are a bulb on a chandelier that is not the brightest, kind of flickering on its way out:(

This is about the salary cap hell Ravens, who weren't supposed to be able to field a team according to you. This is about a Super Bowl Champion that understood they needed to spend to win, yet is still able to add solid players to their roster while replacing older, more expensive ones. That's it. It's not about them having a better, or worse defense next year (because without playing one single game it's pointless to really debate it)....it's about them spending and winning.

Do you seriously  think I or anyone else would spend one second researching teams that were "swapping out large swaths" of their defense and returning to be better??? Hahaha! There is no point. None. Why debate with a guy that actually spends half his day complaining about Tom Brady, while praising free agent and draft busts? It's pointless.  

Find employment.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Huff will be good.  That Ravens defense will be good.  Amazing the job they have done there this FA period.

LOL!!

Yes, rotational players, needing to pay for a crappy 3-4 OLB who can't play the run because you haven't drafted well on the D Line in recent years, is "an amazing job" by Ozzie.

And that's after Flacco backed him into a corner, now as the highest paid QB.

LOL!

Thanks, Goebbels!

Yes, Flacco did back them into a corner but they did what they had to do.  Who else would you go out and get?  Flacco has led them to the playoffs, led them to a SB victory.  He always does well against the Patriot.  While I'm not a big Flacco fan I certainly will say he is one of the better QB's in the league.  Top 5?  NO.  But not far behind.  They are putting on a clinic on how to rebuild after paying your QB big money.  

Plus they got Suggs!!  hahahahaha!! I just had to throw that in there.

It's not about going out and getting another QB, it's the hilarity they didn't extend him before his 12 TD 0 INT postseason and SB ring.

I would have pushed for the extension before Flacco had leverage.

BB did it with Gronk and Hernandez and it's the wise thing to do, if even it looks like you're overpaying a bit.

Flacco had leverage and even though his cap hit is low in 2013, it's not in 2014 and by 2016, it's 29 million bucks!

Even if he were to restructure in 2016, he'll be overpaid then, too.

Rusty, that's the price you pay when you are trying to build a quality franchise.  Look around and see what the Pats have done with Brady, what the Colts and Broncos have done with Manning, what the Saints have done with Brees, what the Packers have done with Rodgers.  It starts with the QB.  The Ravens feel they have their guy, he led them to a SB victory and did so putting up some pretty impressive stats.  If I am not mistaken he was holding firm on $17 million per season after last season.  It was a game of chance by the Ravens, they wanted him to prove he could take them to the top and he did.

So they end up paying a few extra million per year for their guy who proved he can lead them to the top.  I'm sure they don't mind, look what they are doing in FA.  He didn't stop them from going out and getting who they needed.  The Oz has done a fine job, probably learned that when he was with BB.  As much as I dislike the Ravens I can't help but admit what they have done here in less then a month has been impressive.  Al while taking care of their SB MVP QB. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Ravens have done well enough to win a weak AFC north with 9-11 wins. They will pressure the QB making the DB's look better. Webb is back. Suggs will be healthy. Once in the playoffs anything can happen ( see Denver playoff game)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Again, they didn't go hard after Dumervil by accident.

What the heck does that matter?  My gosh Rusty, a player becomes available, a team thinks that player can help their team, they go after him agressively, that's how you do it!  You are either reading way too much into this or you are so stuck in the Patriot way and every one else is wrong with evertything they do.  You are an overly protective fan here and it's pretty  pathetic. 

If they want him why not go after him hard?  He is a good player, he will help them, it's not like they signed a scrub because they are desperate.  You think they should instead show interest, let the player dangle out there, wait for the market to get softer, meet with other teams and keep your fingers crossed that he decides to come play for your team? Unbelievable!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Did the Pats not do this a few years ago? Losing several of their key vets on defense like Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, Samuel, etc but Rusty always says that BB rebuilt on the fly brilliantly. All while having a QB with a huge salary just like the Ravens.

Seems like a pretty similar situation to me so tell me why the Ravens can't do the same and stay competitive??