HUGE Losses For Atlanta

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: HUGE Losses For Atlanta

What about White? If he is injured than the D focuses on Jones and Gonzo in the passing game. I have heard both Jones and White are battling injuries right now. True or false?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

What about White? If he is injured than the D focuses on Jones and Gonzo in the passing game. I have heard both Jones and White are battling injuries right now. True or false?

White is dinged as is Samuel, but I don't think either is projected to be out in Week 4. JOnes appears to be healthier than White.

I am starting to think these injury spikes so far are not a coincidence, but an injury spike due to the threat of HGH testing to be started, possibly at any time.

I think the union will fend it off until after the season but I think a lot of guys have weened themselves off their training regimen with HGH and it's the aftereffect of that.

Either that, or over-abuse of it and these Achilles' injuries, this and that, are just massive coincidences.

A broke bone, leg, an MCL, etc, those are more common and understandable, but it's just amazing to see all these injuries.

I have heard a few former players say its because of the reduced work in OTA's and training camp

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am starting to think these injury spikes so far are not a coincidence, but an injury spike due to the threat of HGH testing to be started, possibly at any time.

I think the union will fend it off until after the season but I think a lot of guys have weened themselves off their training regimen with HGH and it's the aftereffect of that.

Rusty

Scary to think this could be true but you may be very right! Performance drug taking is endemic to sports where a lot of $ is involved and controls are weak.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I live in Atlanta. Talk about the wind being knocked out of the city (not that there was much to be hopeful for anyway with the Falcons). I tell all the fanboys here that I've seen this story before (2007-2010 Patriots) and that their team will ultimately lose because they stink in the trenches.

Oh well. I have tix to the game in two weeks so super pumped about that.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." --- Harvey Dent

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

White is dinged as is Samuel, but I don't think either is projected to be out in Week 4. JOnes appears to be healthier than White.

Either that, or over-abuse of it and these Achilles' injuries, this and that, are just massive coincidences.

A broke bone, leg, an MCL, etc, those are more common and understandable, but it's just amazing to see all these injuries.

I have heard a few former players say its because of the reduced work in OTA's and training camp

Or, that's an excuse?  Or, maybe it's both?  Why would the union sign off on something that would be that kind of a detriment but then keep taking HGH?

See, I think this is an example of both sides not doing the right thing for one another. Shortsighted.

If it's true the reduced OTA workload hurts the player and it's in there because the NFL wants to show they care about risk of injury, and it's proven to not be the case, why did the union sign off on it?

Because they wanted to keep using HGH?

I don't know. I just don't recall this rate of injury like this. We saw less of the lockout than this.

Well, I don't think anyone would know in advance of changing ota and training camp and injuries?

Sort of un intended consequences. And I don't know that coming off high would mean more hammies or groins? the bigger and tighter the muscles , means more strains, I believe

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyp7862. Show andyp7862's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

I live in Atlanta. Talk about the wind being knocked out of the city (not that there was much to be hopeful for anyway with the Falcons). I tell all the fanboys here that I've seen this story before (2007-2010 Patriots) and that their team will ultimately lose because they stink in the trenches.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." --- Harvey Dent

Why wouldn't a Falcons fan be hopeful? The team is loaded.

Loaded yeah but I think the lack talent in the right places. Defensive line stinks. So does offensive line. It doesn't matter if they have Julio and Roddy if Ryan's getting killed back there, which he has been the first two games. They've also been VERY lucky with injuries the past two years and have nothing to show for it. This year, it's caught up to them finally. I think grabbing Julio was good in a way but he mortgaged a lot to get him; I watch them closely because sometimes, I wish BB would have moved up for a guy like that but mostly I'm glad we pursue the depth-oriented approach.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to andyp7862's comment:

Why wouldn't a Falcons fan be hopeful? The team is loaded.

Loaded yeah but I think the lack talent in the right places. Defensive line stinks. So does offensive line. It doesn't matter if they have Julio and Roddy if Ryan's getting killed back there, which he has been the first two games. They've also been VERY lucky with injuries the past two years and have nothing to show for it. This year, it's caught up to them finally. I think grabbing Julio was good in a way but he mortgaged a lot to get him; I watch them closely because sometimes, I wish BB would have moved up for a guy like that but mostly I'm glad we pursue the depth-oriented approach.

For that much they should have gone all out for AJ Green.  I don't think the bengals knew what they were offering up. Heck the bengals gave us chandler jones. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

AP, I am coming down for the game with 4 others, four of us from the Newburyport area and one from Omaha, NE. We are staying right in downtown Atlanta on Peachtree, I found a condo big enough for the 5 of us. Any inside info on where we should hang out Friday and Saturday nights? We are going to the Va Tech - Ga Tech game on Thursday. I have relatives in Alpharetta we are visiting on Friday. Their son is the captain of the HS team, we might go to their game Friday night before heading out downtown. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

AP, I am coming down for the game with 4 others, four of us from the Newburyport area and one from Omaha, NE. We are staying right in downtown Atlanta on Peachtree, I found a condo big enough for the 5 of us. Any inside info on where we should hang out Friday and Saturday nights? We are going to the Va Tech - Ga Tech game on Thursday. I have relatives in Alpharetta we are visiting on Friday. Their son is the captain of the HS team, we might go to their game Friday night before heading out downtown. 

Awesome! Depends on what you're wanting to do. There's a lot of bars and lounges downtown. Next to the Georgia Dome, there's a Taco Mac if you want something more basic.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Awesome! Depends on what you're wanting to do. There's a lot of bars and lounges downtown. Next to the Georgia Dome, there's a Taco Mac if you want something more basic.

There is a Pats Fan Tailgating page on Facebook, someone mentioned Taco Mac on there. I think a bunch of out of town Pats fans are meeting there on Saturday night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Nice. There's a place called Meehans in town. All the Pats fans gathered there on Sundays. They have several locations but nothing in downtown. I watched the entire 2007 season from there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Nice. There's a place called Meehans in town. All the Pats fans gathered there on Sundays. They have several locations but nothing in downtown. I watched the entire 2007 season from there.

I'm sure you have other plans, but this was posted last night on that Facebook page, sounds like there will be a good number of Pats fans there...

Due to huge response, the tailgate has moved from the lot to the deck at Hudson Grille at 120 Marietta St. Within walking distance of the dome. Starts at 4:00pm. There will be drink specials.

Sections
Shortcuts