Huge Pet Peeve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Huge Pet Peeve

Totally trivial, but I have to go there. New England drafted 2 players in the late rounds:

Nate Ebner
    Jeremy Ebert

Yes they have similar last names. No they are not the same player.  STOP CONFUSING THEM.

That is all.

/endrant

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Re: Huge Pet Peeve

In Response to Huge Pet Peeve:
    [QUOTE]Totally trivial, but I have to go there. New England drafted 2 players in the late rounds: Nate Ebner Jeremy Ebert Yes they have similar last names. No they are not the same player.  STOP CONFUSING THEM. That is all. /endrant
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

eehhhh....what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree. This is going to be a problem. One of them should change their last name to Ocho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Remember in The Jerk, when Navin Johnson was all a'twitter because he'd finally gotten his name in the phone book -- the kind of spontaneous publicity that makes people! -- and Mr. Hartoosian looks at him sideways and says, "Oy! I wish I could get so excited over nothing."

Why do so many people think walnuts make banana bread taste better, anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I know lets call them two completely names by then no one will confuse them.

We'll call one read like you about to read the paper

and we'll call the other read like you just read the paper

by then that way no one is confused, right?

Seriously though they were just drafted. Remember last year people were calling Solder as Soldier? Once camp starts and people see them on the field I'm sure the confusion will clear up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

tomato, tomahto

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Huge Pet Peeve:
    [QUOTE]I know lets call them two completely names by then no one will confuse them. We'll call one read like you about to read the paper and we'll call the other read like you just read the paper by then that way no one is confused, right? Seriously though they were just drafted. Remember last year people were calling Solder as Soldier? Once camp starts and people see them on the field I'm sure the confusion will clear up
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Look PatsEng, I'm gonna ask you this just once- Did you or Did you Not, actually read the newspaper in question here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Pet Peeve : Look PatsEng , I'm gonna ask you this just once- Did you or Did you Not, actually read the newspaper in question here?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

If it's the boston globe then most likely not. But, I still think my idea of calling one read and the other read as a great way to differentiate the two

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They're actually the same person.  One of the biggest draft blunders of all time.  He drafted him under his real name then his nickname. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No worries, I'm sure one or both be cut, either that or they both will go on the pup where they never will be heard of again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Jeremy Ebert="Bert"
    Nate Ebner="Ernie"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

People STILL can't seem to figure out Edelman's name. It isn't Elderman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]People STILL can't seem to figure out Edelman's name. It isn't Elderman.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

Ya wanna talk bad- I don't think there's been a 2 week span of time in 7+ years on here, where I didn't see our Head Coach's name misspelled at least once...And these are far more often than not, Patriot Fans themselves.

It's sorta hard sounding it out and transfering Bill's last name (like many) into that individualised and accurate spelling which they personally use...but not too hard; And not real difficult seeing as how the guy's one of the most talked about & successful head coach in all of the major sports...Coaching the team that YOU are actually a fan of (for a decade plus of running your hometown, ya mighta stumbled across his name in print once...maybe twice). 

I've seen "Belicheek", "Belicheck", "Belechik", "Belichik", "Bilechek"...you name it, and I'm sure we've all seen it.

I'm pretty certain that I misspelled his name for the greater portion of 2 years time, starting circa 1999...  But C'm-ooon now- STILL not writing it correctly?  

Not hard:  Throw a "chick" right down there on the flat surface in front of your face...  Then take your best shot, fixing your aim on the "Beli" portion of the ordeal (btw, this also happens to be a good way to write Bill Belichick's name correctly).

...seriously though: The tough part really IS, getting that "chick" to go down first & foremost.  The resta the way, do your best impression of a 2nd Graders phonetic-literacy ability.  Beli...  Do you hear someone saying, "Belly ('check'), when they refer to him in person...Or do ya hear them say it closer to Bel-(ih) ("check")?  Again, Remember- it's the actual getting the "chick" to fall in line first, if ya wanna bang- this whole experience out in any correct way...

{Remember the rule of thumb here: IF that 'chick' doesn't fall in line with your intentions, the only who's gonna get scr#wed is you...}

Really, I can go on and on with this one....   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Jeremy Ebert="Bert" Nate Ebner="Ernie"

So.. you are saying they will room up and take baths together?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Pet Peeve : So.. you are saying they will room up and take baths together?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

(*wink)  I'm not sure what'cha mean here PatsEng...  I mean, Don't they shack these rookies up in dual rooms in traing camp anyways?  Also, I thought they were still doin' some kinda sectioned off communal shower thing-ey, even in pro sports... What the- LOOK, You don't mean to infer here that these pampered spoiled pro athletes, each get their Own SAUNA, do they?!?!  See, that's just gonna make these guys soft & high-maintenance...pssh, could even make 'em turn sorta g#y, ya know?
    Anyway, back to the subject at hand....
    Final Opinion=A vote of "N-O" on the individualised pampered sauna on the list of agendas to address right here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Totally trivial, but I have to go there. New England drafted 2 players in the late rounds: Nate Ebner Jeremy Ebert Yes they have similar last names. No they are not the same player.  STOP CONFUSING THEM. That is all. /endrant
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Pet Peeve : (*wink)  I'm not sure what'cha mean here PatsEng ...  I mean, Don't they shack these rookies up in dual rooms in traing camp anyways?  Also, I thought they were still doin' some kinda sectioned off communal shower thing-ey, even in pro sports... What the- LOOK, You don't mean to infer here that these pampered spoiled pro athletes, each get their Own SAUNA, do they?!?!  See, that's just gonna make these guys soft & high-maintenance...pssh, could even make 'em turn sorta g#y, ya know? Anyway, back to the subject at hand.... Final Opinion=A vote of "N-O" on the individualised pampered sauna on the list of agendas to address right here. 

Ummm, Re-reading now makes me ask the following question:  Everyone on here, DID in fact recognize that my "*wink", was of'a- "I really know what you're talking about," and less of'a "purposefully drop my hanky, bat my eyelashes in a seductive manner, make sure to stand over the heat grate in the sidewalk just before it ruffles the evening dress (that I'm apparently wearing I guess for this analogy)- over my head" type of '*Wink'....ahhh, right?  Just makin' sure- <Just got off the phone, and both Morgan Freeman and Christopher Walkin negged me on The "Laz Translator" deal />

Anyway...topic-wise, this might not have been actually overall the smartest time, to begin my reply back with a "*wink-wink".   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Maybe we just call them both Ebnert....lolLaughing

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts