humbled yet encouraged

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

humbled yet encouraged

Very nice game by the pats.  And it was a win.  They won the game.  Held the colts run game in check.  Got big plays out of their defense.  ran the ball well.  threw the ball well. 

colts clearly lost the game to the better team today, but I believe they are not "done" by any stretch.  If they do make the playoffs, they'll have to win their division, and given their record right now, they will likely be a 4th seed. - going on the road. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: humbled yet encouraged

In Response to humbled yet encouraged:
    [QUOTE]Very nice game by the pats.  And it was a win.  They won the game.  Held the colts run game in check.  Got big plays out of their defense.  ran the ball well.  threw the ball well.  colts clearly lost the game to the better team today, but I believe they are not "done" by any stretch.  If they do make the playoffs, they'll have to win their division, and given their record right now, they will likely be a 4th seed. - going on the road. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Giving up 500 yards makes them the better team? Wow. You guys talk about the Jets being a "lucky" team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Very nice game by the pats.  And it was a win.  They won the game.  Held the colts run game in check.  Got big plays out of their defense.  ran the ball well.  threw the ball well.  colts clearly lost the game to the better team today, but I believe they are not "done" by any stretch.  If they do make the playoffs, they'll have to win their division, and given their record right now, they will likely be a 4th seed. - going on the road. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Indylove/underdoggggg:  nice post.  We won today, but it got hairy in the late going.  If not for an absolutely terrific INT, well, I was scared crapless.  No big harm in the Colts losing, and the Pats got a lot of work to do I grant you.  But, nice to keep up with the Jets and hopefully on Thanksgiving day, we can take it to the Lions - GO PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Really? I was scratching my head why Indy went away from the run. They just gashed NE and made a drive out of running a minute before. IMO, they should have kept in mind the fact that they only needed a FG to get to OT, and played it a little more conservative balancing the weak NE CBs against the fact that the FG was almost in their pocket and the middle of the NE def. line was getting pushed around a bit at the end. 

But I digress. 

Jax has the division lead now. And Indy's schedule doesn't get any easier. 

They need to beat Jax in order to get in, most likely. They probably won't get any help from Pitt, NE, NJ, or Balt. And all those teams look like they are either winning their division or snaring one of the WC spots. 

David Garrard's tweet reported on NFL Network might help fuel them:

"Thanks Peyton. You da man???"

Love division trash talk. It should make that game more fun, and (as far as I have seen) those teams don't like each other very much to begin with. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, there are no style points and a win is a win, but at the end of the day, the Colts were able to stop the Pats when they needed to and the Pats were not. If Manning doesn't lob that thing up -- and if Sanders doesn't make a pretty good catch -- we're having an entirely different discussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

With mixed emotions I watched Collie sit helpless on the sidelines.  I think Collie sitting after the 1st quarted gave advantage to the Pats.  Peyton did the best with what he had to work with.  Although, he did have bad judgement on that last pick.  I thought for sure we were looking at overtime and the Colts seemed to have the momentum.  I have a feeling this might be Act I of a II Act show.  If we see you in Foxboro again it will be cold/snowy but you should be healthier than what you were today.  This game was another classic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

and the media keeps yapping about how pouting is still managing to keep them in contention, and could get another MVP, are you kidding me? they're 6-4 and I don't see them winning more than 10 games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

not sure the\ colts will make it, but I will say, with all the starters that were out, I expected a rollover today.  Seemed like the same old Colts to me, and i was screaming at my tv by the time the end came.  I don't understand why we play conservatively with only a two touchdown lead.  PM has proven when desperate, he can do that in under 4 mins easily.  The Jets are coming, and we better bring it all 4 quarters for that one.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Why would David Garrard tweet that?  That'll make Peyton angry.  It is pretty funny though.  GO PATS!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged:
    [QUOTE]Well, there are no style points and a win is a win, but at the end of the day, the Colts were able to stop the Pats when they needed to and the Pats were not. If Manning doesn't lob that thing up -- and if Sanders doesn't make a pretty good catch -- we're having an entirely different discussion.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Umm, some might consider the pressure put on Manning so that he throws the INT to be a stop. 

Brian: There's no pleasing anybody.
    ex-Leper: That's what Jesus said,sir.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to humbled yet encouraged : not sure the\ colts will make it, but I will say, with all the starters that were out, I expected a rollover today.  Seemed like the same old Colts to me, and i was screaming at my tv by the time the end came.  I don't understand why we play conservatively with only a two touchdown lead.  PM has proven when desperate, he can do that in under 4 mins easily.  The Jets are coming, and we better bring it all 4 quarters for that one.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Manning threw 3 TDs into conservative/prevent today. 

Against the normal program he threw 3 INTs. 

I sincerely hope they contest every play until the end if they meet again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : Umm, some might consider the pressure put on Manning so that he throws the INT to be a stop.  Brian: There's no pleasing anybody. ex-Leper: That's what Jesus said,sir.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I know Peyton has that well-deserved reputation as a choker, but I don't know that I would be comfortable basing my defense on the hope that he'll throw a bad pass (even though he did in this particular instance -- and even so, Sanders had to make a pretty good catch).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Really? I was scratching my head why Indy went away from the run. They just gashed NE and made a drive out of running a minute before. IMO, they should have kept in mind the fact that they only needed a FG to get to OT, and played it a little more conservative balancing the weak NE CBs against the fact that the FG was almost in their pocket and the middle of the NE def. line was getting pushed around a bit at the end.  But I digress.  Jax has the division lead now. And Indy's schedule doesn't get any easier.  They need  to beat Jax in order to get in, most likely. They probably won't get any help from Pitt, NE, NJ, or Balt. And all those teams look like they are either winning their division or snaring one of the WC spots.  David Garrard's tweet reported on NFL Network might help fuel them: "Thanks Peyton. You da man???" Love division trash talk. It should make that game more fun, and (as far as I have seen) those teams don't like each other very much to begin with. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Yes Z, I am .  What's been up with you lately?  Have I gotten under your skin that much? 

Anyway, I am not sure you were watching the game I was.  There were 30 seconds left and Indy wasn't playing for a tie.  Why play for a tie on the road?  Why take your foot off the gas when everything is working?  Further, they ran the ball 20 times for 71 yards and had one run for 36.  That's 19 for 35.  That's not great running, and time was running out. 

the colts will get healthier.  Will get their linebacker's back.  Will get their running backs back.  Collie will be back.  Maybe sanders will be back too.  

Anyway, I thought the colts had no business coming back in that game after running for 9 yards in the first half, losing Collie, and not being able to stop the pats offense, but they did. 

I am encouraged.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : Umm, some might consider the pressure put on Manning so that he throws the INT to be a stop.  Brian: There's no pleasing anybody. ex-Leper: That's what Jesus said,sir.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

It looked like the pass rush got to manning on that int and possibly caused the poor throw.  Credit is given where credit is due.  And the int was a spectacular catch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A win is a win is a win!  A gift by Manning at the end. Not looking to play them again when they have a healthy team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : Yes Z, I am .  What's been up with you lately?  Have I gotten under your skin that much?  Anyway, I am not sure you were watching the game I was.  There were 30 seconds left and Indy wasn't playing for a tie.  Why play for a tie on the road?  Why take your foot off the gas when everything is working?  Further, they ran the ball 20 times for 71 yards and had one run for 36.  That's 19 for 35.  That's not great running, and time was running out.  the colts will get healthier.  Will get their linebacker's back.  Will get their running backs back.  Collie will be back.  Maybe sanders will be back too.   Anyway, I thought the colts had no business coming back in that game after running for 9 yards in the first half, losing Collie, and not being able to stop the pats offense, but they did.  I am encouraged.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Underdog (part 20), That is the same as Patriots fans saying that they have a lot of extra picks in next years draft and Bodden and Warren will be back.....We are encouraged (beyond this year!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

When you look at the big picture you really do have to be encouraged.  If at the start of the season someone was to tell you the Pats would be 5-0 vs. SD, Minn, Balt, Indy, & Pitt who would have believed that?  Pretty impressive stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rock - The starters I mention will be back this year (maybe not sanders).  Picks on the other hand, have yet to prove themselves.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : I know Peyton has that well-deserved reputation as a choker, but I don't know that I would be comfortable basing my defense on the hope that he'll throw a bad pass (even though he did in this particular instance -- and even so, Sanders had to make a pretty good catch).
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the fact that he didn't throw a bad pass just because - Cunningham forced him into changing his throw which made it bad. This is a game they would have lost last year because they would have had no pressure on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Although I suspect you are a well-known troll, I respect the fact that you had the grapes to come back on our board and say "nice game".

It was a great game between the two best QBs of our time and I'm sure there's a few more in our future. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : It looked like the pass rush got to manning on that int and possibly caused the poor throw.  Credit is given where credit is due.  And the int was a spectacular catch.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am not sure why people are complaining.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Root - you've got to admit that you had to be worried.  Up 17 with 10 minutes to play but then within 30 yards with 37 seconds of losing or at least tying. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Miscommunication is all man. The "really?" had to do with running the football. Not with you being encouraged. You can be encouraged as much as you want. See Pmike's comments ...  if not for one poorly timed mistake then the Colts were right there. That certainly says something. 

I am so not worried about what you have to say, so don't worry your head off over that one dude. I'm just talking x's and o's after a game that had questionable coaching at the end for both teams, imo.

Per running, I was at a bar in New Orleans and that is essentially what every one was thinking/saying after the pick. I am not playing for the tie, but you balance that against the type of look NE is giving you. Manning said it himself after the game, mentioning that they should have given Vinatieri a chance to extend the game... if anything because you aren't playing against the clock in OT, have an open playbook that can attack the middle of the field more, and every quarter that goes by favors the offense as defenses tend to tire out.

The Colts were miserable running the ball in the first half. Absolutely terrible. But as games go on, you can find room when the bigger guys get spent. They did, and went from running 9 carries 9 yds in the first half to running 11-62, and yes, even without that scamper they ran 10 -38, not that you "take it away" because it was a run and therefore part of the discussion. And a couple of those were very short gains in third and short that was solid play from the offensive line and runner, lining up and moving the ball when they needed to. 

I am just saying that with two time outs to burn, and a running game that was working better, I maybe call a different play is all. I would be saying the same thing if it were NE too. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Well of course everyone is saying that AFTER the pick.  We are all hindsight geniuses, you know. 

And certainly Manning prefers to give Vinatieri a chance AFTER he's thrown a pick. 

I always love brilliant arm-chair coaches. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : Yes Z, I am .  What's been up with you lately?  Have I gotten under your skin that much?  Anyway, I am not sure you were watching the game I was.  There were 30 seconds left and Indy wasn't playing for a tie.  Why play for a tie on the road?  Why take your foot off the gas when everything is working?  Further, they ran the ball 20 times for 71 yards and had one run for 36.  That's 19 for 35.  That's not great running, and time was running out.  the colts will get healthier.  Will get their linebacker's back.  Will get their running backs back.  Collie will be back.  Maybe sanders will be back too.   Anyway, I thought the colts had no business coming back in that game after running for 9 yards in the first half, losing Collie, and not being able to stop the pats offense, but they did.  I am encouraged.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You would be. Your golden boy QB was wild today, confused at times, and then choked at the end of a drive again.

NE's D is young and being rebuilt, yet you praise the QB who is supposedly better than Brady.

You just can't make it up.

Get a life.