humbled yet encouraged

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: humbled yet encouraged

The problem I had today and most of the year is still that prevent D!?!?!

Manning threw the picks as a result of the few times we did blitz.

I would rather watch Peyton beat a guy in single coverage as we bring 5-6 on the rush then watch him pick apart a soft zone that every team picks apart? At the very least we get a few hits on himk as he throws and we make him work.

Agian the INT's and few incompletions were a result of the pass rush, why not have a little better balance on defense in the 2nd halves?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"colts clearly lost the game to the better team today, but I believe they are not "done" by any stretch"

Pretty classy series of posts by thadogg though I sense he's closer to coming unhinged shortly. Manning had one of the great 3 interception games I can remember. Didn't feel comfortable till the final pick. This is a tough defeat for the Colts who will have a fight on their hands making the playoffs. But I won't be surprised if we see them again. Every Pats-Colts game seems to live up the billing - best rivalry in sports currently IMO. 

As for the Pats, a Jets loss would have been a beautiful thing, we still need to smack them down to get the seeding we want. Still more football coming but I liked what I saw today, though a bit more fourth quarter crunch time plays on O and D would have bee nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: humbled yet encouraged : Yeah. Manning threw 3 TDs into conservative/prevent today.  Against the normal program he threw 3 INTs.  I sincerely hope they contest every play until the end if they meet again.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE] What did you think of brady in the 4th when we needed a couple of first downs. good or bad ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Well of course everyone is saying that AFTER the pick.  We are all hindsight geniuses, you know.  And certainly Manning prefers to give Vinatieri a chance AFTER he's thrown a pick.  I always love brilliant arm-chair coaches. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Chillax man. It's just a game, and just a comment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]Really? I was scratching my head why Indy went away from the run. They just gashed NE and made a drive out of running a minute before. IMO, they should have kept in mind the fact that they only needed a FG to get to OT, and played it a little more conservative balancing the weak NE CBs against the fact that the FG was almost in their pocket and the middle of the NE def. line was getting pushed around a bit at the end.  But I digress.  Jax has the division lead now. And Indy's schedule doesn't get any easier.  They need  to beat Jax in order to get in, most likely. They probably won't get any help from Pitt, NE, NJ, or Balt. And all those teams look like they are either winning their division or snaring one of the WC spots.  David Garrard's tweet reported on NFL Network might help fuel them: "Thanks Peyton. You da man???" Love division trash talk. It should make that game more fun, and (as far as I have seen) those teams don't like each other very much to begin with. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]Your kidding right there was 30 sec left play for over time. oh boy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Z - I am surprisingly "ok" after a loss.  Usually, I am not.  But that doesn't mean I stop calling it as I see it.  when fans complain about professional play calling I  am quick to call bs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to humbled yet encouraged:
    [QUOTE]Very nice game by the pats.  And it was a win.  They won the game.  Held the colts run game in check.  Got big plays out of their defense.  ran the ball well.  threw the ball well.  colts clearly lost the game to the better team today, but I believe they are not "done" by any stretch.  If they do make the playoffs, they'll have to win their division, and given their record right now, they will likely be a 4th seed. - going on the road. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    hey dogg, only 1 play made a difference in this game.  I thought it was going to be another last minute loss like last year.

Not quite over for the colts...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bubba - actually Z made some comments about what the colts have left, and he is right.  That said, if the colts can get healthy, I like their chances.  If they can win out vs. the division (2 vs. TN and 1 vs. Jax), I think we'll make the playoffs. 

Then, anything goes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not sure what people are posting about the Colts almost "tying" the game.  They were going to the endzone on that drive, and I doubt there's many here who would disagree.

That INT might be the best play of this season right now.  If Sanders drops that ball the clock stops, Indy doesn't have to take a TO, and they get two more shots at the endzone before settling for the FG.

But I don't think Indy was going to tie it, they were going to win it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Z - I am surprisingly "ok" after a loss.  Usually, I am not.  But that doesn't mean I stop calling it as I see it.  when fans complain about professional play calling I  am quick to call bs.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Call whatever you want. It's a free country. That's my opinion. I was saying it at the time, and I'm saying it now. 

Professional playcalling or not ... they were running like they were down by four with no timeouts. They were down by three with two timeouts. 

An New England was calling defense like there were four minutes left when there were six. 

There I just questioned two playcallers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure what people are posting about the Colts almost "tying" the game.  They were going to the endzone on that drive, and I doubt there's many here who would disagree. That INT might be the best play of this season right now.  If Sanders drops that ball the clock stops, Indy doesn't have to take a TO, and they get two more shots at the endzone before settling for the FG. But I don't think Indy was going to tie it, they were going to win it.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I think  you're absolutely right, soups.

The chippy field goal was there as a fall back, but I think the Colts were confident -- and it showed in their play-calling -- that they could get the ball in the endzone and also run out most of the clock.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Two truths told in the posts.

1. I was thinking the same thing about the run as Z was. Not to go to the run for just the one pick play but if Indy had attacked our prevent with the run to the red zone. Which I think we would have not contested much. Then take your 3 shots into the end zone / then let Adam kick you into OT on 4th down. 

2. UD6 That was a spectacular catch   Yes it was!!! and from James Sanders none the less. Here to betting no one has a #36 jersey

By the way UD we all know you never question play calling.                                       That would mean you called out the golden one.

Sections
Shortcuts