Hurrah for Dan Snyder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Hurrah for Dan Snyder

I demand Notre Dame to change their name from the "Fighting Irish" to something along the lines of the "Tranquil Irish."  I'm offended that they assume all Irishmen are violent and combative.  Change it.  Now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I demand Notre Dame to change their name from the "Fighting Irish" to something along the lines of the "Tranquil Irish."  I'm offended that they assume all Irishmen are violent and combative.  Change it.  Now.

Dude.  We are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bunch of ignorant folks who cant put themselves in other people's shoes here. It's offensive, why do you want to offend someone? It's easy for you, as a middle class Caucasian, to ask someone to suck it up and not get offended by a term because non-ethnic whites in America (non Poles or Italians) don't really have a term that is really offensive. Even if you want to count the C word or the H word as racial terms, they're not. The C word means a person who cracks a whip to beat the slaves and the H word is just an abbreviated term for Hungarian.

Redskin is offensive to people, dont bother fighting over whether it is or not. Just show some respect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dude.  We are.

[/QUOTE]

about 20 years ago I was walking in front of Notre Dame cathredral in Paris, and saw a ND hat on someone; pointed it out to my brother and said, "the fightin' irish."  From literally out of the ground it seemed, a super short guy appeared instantly in my face, and about 3 inches from my nose demands in a thick brogue, "Who says the Irish are fighters?!?" 

Backed away as fast as I could waving my hands in the universal "it's your toy" gesture. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

My life is the same if they are the Washington Redskins or the Washington Little Rabbit Foo Foos.

Agree with it or not, the name is hurtful to some people.  The name of a sports team should be hurtful to no one.

The time for change has been long upon us.

I heard that Amtrak is lobbying the NFL to change the name of the Jets, as it seems to be promoting airline, the NASW (national association of Satan Worshipers) is lobbying the NFL to change the name of the Saints, the LPAA (little persons assocaiton of America) is lobbying the NFL to change the name of the Giants and the BAA (birders association of America) objects to the use of Eagles, Cardinals, Seahawks, & Falcons and lastly the WWWAG (world wide wild animal group) thinks that the broncos, Colts, panthers, rams, bears, bengals and lions are disrespected by the use of their names in such ways.

[/QUOTE]

PhatRex/PhatVirgin/Bustchise/whodeawhodat/Fletcherbrook/DontQuestionBB/

fatsam/BungaloBill and a host of others are all the same lame Jets Troll

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zoom Image

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to fatsam72's comment:

fatboy, i like it.

however, your point remains irrelevant, historically wrong, and on the wrong side of history.  nice trifecta. :)

PhatRex/PhatVirgin/Bustchise/whodeawhodat/Fletcherbrook/DontQuestionBB/

fatsam/BungaloBill and a host of others are all the same lame Jets Troll

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zoom Image

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about the Washington RedTape??

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, but I prefer the DC Criminals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bunch of ignorant folks who cant put themselves in other people's shoes here. It's offensive, why do you want to offend someone? It's easy for you, as a middle class Caucasian, to ask someone to suck it up and not get offended by a term because non-ethnic whites in America (non Poles or Italians) don't really have a term that is really offensive. Even if you want to count the C word or the H word as racial terms, they're not. The C word means a person who cracks a whip to beat the slaves and the H word is just an abbreviated term for Hungarian.

Redskin is offensive to people, dont bother fighting over whether it is or not. Just show some respect.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, count me as one of ignorant ones. I just can't seem to put myself in the shoes of illegal aliens who are allowed to have a rally in DC during the government shutdown while WW2 vets are locked out of memorials After travelling thousands of miles and having scheduled the visits a year in advance. But no one seems to care about offending me, a vet of a few different conflicts. Ahh, the injustice. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Technically, the state of Oklahoma, which in the Native AMerican translates to "Red Man", will need to then change its name as a state.

I never heard that.  What dialect is it?

Choctaw. It's actually "Red People".  

I have a perfect solution to this problem, too.  From a historical perspective, there is no way Native Americans can balk at the idea many tribes fighting traditions included "scalping" the skins off of their victims as a trophy.

So, eveyone calls them the Skins for hort, at least I do and a lot of people do.

So, just keep the logo, the uniforms, etc, and change it to the Washington Skins.

Or, better yet, design a new logo, which would be a marketing boon where you have something tying in the scalping concept.   Then again, their 3rd uni and helmet already does that with a spear and feathers hanging off it.

If there is a Minnesota Vikings, arguably the world's most violent and vicious marauders, you can also point toward history and acknowledge American history, which does include Native Americans traditions and their history here.

I mean, christ, we're the Patriots. Pleny of violent Patriots and I am sure it could be deemed offensive to the English. hehe

[/QUOTE]

All good points. Apparently the name Patriot is already offensive to a lot of folks in this country. Just ask the IRS, or better yet, consult the new Army manual where it states that George Washington the ultimate Patriot is and should be considered an extremist. My times have changed in this sorry country.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, count me as one of ignorant ones. I just can't seem to put myself in the shoes of illegal aliens who are allowed to have a rally in DC during the government shutdown while WW2 vets are locked out of memorials After travelling thousands of miles and having scheduled the visits a year in advance. But no one seems to care about offending me, a vet of a few different conflicts. Ahh, the injustice. 

[/QUOTE]

The heck does Republicans shutting down the government have to do with the Redskins being offensive? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

War monuments are federal owned parks, no federal government = no park. Protests are allowed and protected by the city/state, those governments are still functioning. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

War monuments are federal owned parks, no federal government = no park. Protests are allowed and protected by the city/state, those governments are still functioning. 

[/QUOTE]

You are the one who is proving ignirant. To be kind though, I will just chaulk it up to you being nieve As to not offend you since I never walked in your shoes.

correct, war monuments are federally managed, not owned. We...you and I own the parks. and, these monuments don't usually have gates, or doors or entrances, meaning you can visit most if not all of them at any time. Yet, when the government shuts down, they expend more money and resources putting up barricades and guarding the places that previously had neither. Why? It's called theatrics. 

By the way...just so you know. The Democrats and Republicans are really just the same party. As yourself what really has changed since Obama has come into office. Nothing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yet, protests that I mention are being held on the mall in DC which federally managed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are the one who is proving ignirant. To be kind though, I will just chaulk it up to you being nieve As to not offend you since I never walked in your shoes.

correct, war monuments are federally managed, not owned. We...you and I own the parks. and, these monuments don't usually have gates, or doors or entrances, meaning you can visit most if not all of them at any time. Yet, when the government shuts down, they expend more money and resources putting up barricades and guarding the places that previously had neither. Why? It's called theatrics. 

By the way...just so you know. The Democrats and Republicans are really just the same party. As yourself what really has changed since Obama has come into office. Nothing. 

[/QUOTE]

They put up the barriers to tell you it's closed since people vandalize the monuments since all but one of the security staff is gone. And what's shanked since Obama became president? The Tea Party?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They put up the barriers to tell you it's closed since people might vandalize the monuments since all but one of the security staff is gone. And what's shanked since Obama became president? The Tea party?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that your post is doing the very thing you are railing about right? I seriously hope you can see that.

It is actually very funny.

That is IF I am understanding your post correctly. I am not fully sure if I did or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With the 18th pick in the 2014th NFL DRAFT, the New York Butt Fumbles Select....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

They put up the barriers to tell you it's closed since people might vandalize the monuments since all but one of the security staff is gone. And what's shanked since Obama became president? The Tea party?

[/QUOTE]

Ha. Okay, if that is what msnbc or CNN are telling you, then I guess it is fact. 

look, I am not a tea party supporter,repub or demo. But you are seriously asking what's shanked? The list is numerous, but lets start with 17trillion in debt and another call to raise the debt ceiling...maybe we could start another thread on this and discuss. I don't want to bore others here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

My life is the same if they are the Washington Redskins or the Washington Little Rabbit Foo Foos.

Agree with it or not, the name is hurtful to some people.  The name of a sports team should be hurtful to no one.

The time for change has been long upon us.

[/QUOTE]

I read the letter Danny sent to the season ticket holders. It was very well written and talks about how much the name means to the team. The orginal name was the Boston Braves and native americans was behind the name change then. It has deep meaning for all the right reason the letter states or attempts to convey. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you protest any rap music that uses racist slang towards white people too right?

BTW Irish have micks which is offensive, cracker is offensive (I have nor has anyone in my family in our entire history has owned a slave so being called a whipper is VERY offensive esp since I'm Irish who were slaves themselves to the English for 600 years! were brutally killed sometimes with the use of whips by the English), white bread is offensive, every culture has some term that's offensive and that you don't seem to care about one races offensive terms because you deem they have no right to complain is offensive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Dan Synder demonstrates ignorance and bigotry. There is no excuse for naming a team based on an ethnicity, race, or skin color. It's beyond demeaning.  Caps below show how offensive this practice is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Photo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Don't forget the Kansas City Black Barons or whatever!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Photo

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps BB takes offense to your use of his photo as your avatar.

You should probably change it to something less offensive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Photo

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps BB takes offense to your use of his photo as your avatar.

You should probably change it to something less offensive.

[/QUOTE]

I am offended that you posted something that offends you. 

Sections
Shortcuts