Hurricane Prep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Hurricane Prep

What is everyone doing to prepare for Irene? I picked up a gallon of milk, a few gallons of water and some bread. Hope that isnt too little, but I have a hard time taking a hurricane seriously in New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Hurricane Prep

I filled a trash can full of water so I can flush the toilets.

I save a couple milk jugs for the winter storms so I filled those for drinking water.

I already have a store of MRE's (I camp a lot so MRE's are great)

I got some gas for the generator (I'm in a minor flood area so I don't want my pump to kick out if the power goes out). It's a very small genny just to run the pump and 1 other piece of electronics.

Got some candles and a whole bunch of condoms

Ohh also some duct tape and cardboard for the windows. I duct tape cardboard just over the top of the outside of the window. If a tree is going to fall through it pilewood won't stop that but the heavy cardboard does stop things like smaller branches, stones, and random things flying around from damaging them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I live out of the hurricane's path, but I find it hard to believe that the Sox (at 500PM Saturday) are really gonna play the back end of their doubleheader with the A's.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Down here in Maryland, lot's happening.  Just came back from the gas station, topping tank and getting gas for my generator.  Stations are running out of regular.  Grocery stores are packed.  The only pain will be when the power is out as I do not have my water pump hooked up, so it is the filled bath tub routine.  All other essentials are in good shape.  With the generator I will be able to keep refrigerator running, TV and radio going and have a semblance of normalcy.

I do live on an island down here, Kent Island MD, and it is the storm surge that worries my wife.  When we had Hurricane Isabel roll through, the storm surge pushed the creek across the street from my house to flood the road and come 15 - 20 feet up by driveway.  Blocked us from getting out until the water subsided.  The forecast is for less of a storm surge since Irene will not be coming right up the Chesapeake Bay like Isabel did. Regardless, we'll all be impacted in some fashion. Think of it as a Nor'easter but with warm weather!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

pray for the people of the outer banks north carolina and virginia beach virginia they are going to get hammered. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots are in Detroit, so no problem there, and they play about 12 hours before the TV goes out, at 8:00 Sat.  First things first.

Our garage door spring doesn't work and the door might close halfway if we're lucky.  If halfway closed, at least the garage door windows won't be exposed.  We're hustling plastic chairs and thin sticks of wood out of the garage and downstairs, also two empty flower pots and some paint cans on shelves.  Five plants in pots are coming in. Trash cans are going all the way to the back of the garage where the wind gusts should be a bit lower, and are sandwiched close to the car.  OK right now I'm bunking.

We're getting the laundry done now, not afterwards.  Job Lot still had D cell batteries and an extra flashlight on Wednesday night, but that tidbit won't help you this hurricane, maybe you'll remember this for the next hurricane.

I have only lowered one storm window so far.  I don't want to lose a screen, or fix an inner window.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

I been in many hurricanes living in pensacola Fla for 18 years. The best advice that I can give you.....
    1.Fill your car up with gas. If power is out the pumps wont work.
    2.Get cash from the bank. Again credit cards and atms wont work if you lose power.
    3. Plenty of water and food at the house.A couple bags of ice.
    4.Battery radio for updates.
    5. Battery powered lights.
    6. Plenty of beer.

Hope thius helps. Go Pats

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I got more beer and clorhine for my pool.............I live in Tucson AZ. LoL I do however have family all over the Springfield and Boston area. Good Luck guys. I will be in Bean Town laborday weekend for my nieces wedding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I remember hurrican Gloria in '85. That was intense. Hasn't been anything that bad since. Hopefully everyone fairs well! My senior parents still live in Melrose and I'll worry but they are FAR from feeble so they should be ok. They also have other family close by, so..... I wish everyone in the storms path good luck and hope it peters out onthe way up the coast. Please send some of the damn rain to the mid-west my grass is about dead! KMc

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

eng it is scary like you are reading off of my shopping list!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hey agcsbill, I'm heading to the Inner Harbor on Tuesday.  I was supposed to go on Monday but I moved it out a day.  Hope the Hyatt doesn't get washed away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Hurricane Prep:
    Hey agcsbill, I'm heading to the Inner Harbor on Tuesday.  I was supposed to go on Monday but I moved it out a day.  Hope the Hyatt doesn't get washed away.
    Posted by tcal2-

That part of Maryland should be safe...relatively speaking, compared to where I am.  By the time you are there, will be just about back to normal.  You coming here for the car races?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In Response to Re: Hurricane Prep:
    In Response to Re: Hurricane Prep : That part of Maryland should be safe...relatively speaking, compared to where I am.  By the time you are there, will be just about back to normal.  You coming here for the car races?
    Posted by agcsbill

Kent island is beautiful.. im jealous.  except maybe for tomorrow afternoon.

heading to my first race in bmawr next sunday; pretty excited. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Fun is begining for us. We have to evacuate by noon tomorrow.  Where to go?  Always fun and what to bring.   Arghhhh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Weed.

Sections
Shortcuts