HurryUp Offense, Slowed Down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

HurryUp Offense, Slowed Down?

Listened to the Ex VP of officiating on the Dan Patrick show a couple days ago. I was aware that the Ref's will no longer line up on the defensive side of the line but instead will move to the offensive side. What I was not aware of:

The Ex VP of Officials ( forget his name ) said that this will force the Hurry Up Offensive teams to slow down because the official setting the ball will now have to move 12-15 yards behind the offense instead of 3-5 yards behind the Def line. He said the ball cannot be snapped untill all officials are set.

What kind of factor do you think this will have? Will give those defenses just a few more seconds to set for the play but not enough time to substitute I would think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Re: HurryUp Offense, Slowed Down?

In Response to Re: HurryUp Offense, Slowed Down?:
    It does not matter, if it *screws things up for the offense they will just make a rule change to make the offense happy again. This game has become all about the offense which makes me sick cause nothing is better then watching a great D crush a team. In 20 years my kids wont even know what a dominate defense looks like cause of all the Bill Polian's of the world who will do anything to help the offense.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I agree, It's sad. First they killed the DB's but I moved on, then they killed the QB pressure guys and this I can't get over. I watched great knock downs get flagged for roughing last year and it broke my heart. How can a 260 pound guy who runs a 4.6, stop all his forward momentum, while getting pushed from behind, in under a second, please. All a QB has to do these days is aim his head at the rusher or stick out his leg when he is out of options and its a free first down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to HurryUp Offense, Slowed Down?:
    Listened to the Ex VP of officiating on the Dan Patrick show a couple days ago. I was aware that the Ref's will no longer line up on the defensive side of the line but instead will move to the offensive side. What I was not aware of: The Ex VP of Officials ( forget his name ) said that this will force the Hurry Up Offensive teams to slow down because the official setting the ball will now have to move 12-15 yards behind the offense instead of 3-5 yards behind the Def line. He said the ball cannot be snapped untill all officials are set. What kind of factor do you think this will have? Will give those defenses just a few more seconds to set for the play but not enough time to substitute I would think.
    Posted by Asher77

the ref will just have be a little more expeditious in getting the ball set and getting behind the QB.

once these teams come to the line without a huddle it will make the NFL look stoopid becasue the offense will be ready to play and the game flow will be affected because of the official and they'll realize the mistake they made.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Kansaspatriot hit it right on the head.

The first time this interrupts the Colts' no-huddle offense will be the last time we see it.

Watch and see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

How is the QB going to know if the guy behind him is set.  Maybe they'll work out a system.  As we all know the reason Polian let this pass was because the refs main job will be to pick up blitzes and keep the Manning from getting pressured.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Mike Pereira

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I never liked the hurry up offence. 

Games should be decided by the skills of the players and by the football gods and not by gimmicks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no Polian wants to use the ref as another obstacle players have to get through to sack manning. and make sure that the ref can see the "late hit, excessive roughness, and pass interference on manning"