Hypothetical Question regarding the draft in 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Hypothetical Question regarding the draft in 2012

In Response to Re: Hypothetical Question regarding the draft in 2012:
    [QUOTE]It would be insane.  Brady is a once in a lifetime QB who doesn't have many years left.  BB doesn't have to go all in by any means (he obviously hasn't to this point), but to spend those kind of resources on something for post-Brady when a good draft or 2 could help win a few more SB's before TB hangs it up would be just wrong imo.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

i actually think bb should have begun going all in for a 3-4 stint starting last draft. id rather have a couple more super bowls than an appearance in the first round perennially. (and i doubt wed fall apart thereafter).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Just this once, I would just like to use all 3 picks on 3 solid defensive players with proven production at major college programs. But...we'll probably trade those 3 picks for 5 picks next year.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

preachin top the choir nypats, preachin to the choir

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I think the Pat's and BB should simply trade down and never pick. Stockpile al the picks for future years whenn BB isn't here and then they'll need them.  Look at our defense now we just call guys off the street.  Why pay the big bonus and follow the salary structure?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Surely I jest...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

'll take Mallett in the 3rd Round because he was a stupid kid arrested for public intoxication and people were spooked.  He is Ben Rapistburger size with a cannon arm and solid stats.

Matt Cassall didn't start one game in college. QB's come from unusual places beyond the first round... I'd rather have Brady, Mallett and two #1 picks this draft anytime.

I want to see what Mallet has at the end of his pine ride. Hoyer will be traded away to start for someone, he deserves his shot. Woozy knows all and sees all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If the Patriots could somehow work a deal to have all 32 first round picks does anyone think they would have a good team? I don't

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I want to trade the Saints first rounder into next year if at all possible. We lost value on it except the Mark Ingram part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Easy prediction... BB will use all the picks he doesn't trade in the first 4 rds on the defensive side of the ball next year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Hypothetical Question regarding the draft in 2012:
    [QUOTE]If a team that doesnt need a QB, like the Rams got the #1 pick and we traded both our #1s and our 2nd rder and took Luck, how would it make you feel as a pats fan? 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I think it is too early to talk about the 2012 draft. It is all mental masterbation for the off season anyway....Why? Because BB NEVER.... EVER..... does what the mediots and the dedicated posters on this board THINK he will do. BUT...it does get us through the incredibly long off season. Lets enjoy what remains of this season.......before the MM begins!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Pat's and BB should simply trade down and never pick. Stockpile al the picks for future years whenn BB isn't here and then they'll need them.  Look at our defense now we just call guys off the street.  Why pay the big bonus and follow the salary structure?
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

re: "Look at our defense now we just call guys off the street.  Why pay the big bonus and follow the salary structure? "

nice line!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]If the Patriots could somehow work a deal to have all 32 first round picks does anyone think they would have a good team? I don't
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

lmao!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hypothetical Question regarding the draft in 2012 : I think it is too early to talk about the 2012 draft. It is all mental masterbation for the off season anyway....Why? Because BB NEVER.... EVER..... does what the mediots and the dedicated posters on this board THINK he will do. BUT...it does get us through the incredibly long off season. Lets enjoy what remains of this season.......before the MM begins!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

BUT...it does get us through the incredibly long off season.

you can say that again!

Lets enjoy what remains of this season.......before the MM begins!

for sure!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I would feel like they just wasted the draft.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

with you on that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Fiscally this really wouldn't make much sense...what will the top player in the draft get paid contract wise? Add into the fact that whatever you come up with, you will be paying that annnd whatever Brady makes. That's way too much to pay at one position on a team, add in the fact that only one of them will be playing - it's not like you tied the money into the linebacker or safety position and several guys will be contributing.

Another thing to consider is that we have other problems and if those problems were to be fixed - you have to consider that Brady is still young enough to get you another Super Bowl.

Then there is Mallett - we took this guy relatively high considering our other needs - he was supposed to be first round worthy - why not see if he is?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

absolutely amazing to me that such a stupid post would get so many replies.

Sections
Shortcuts