hypothetically speaking

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hypothetically speaking

if the fins are able to beat buffalo and detroit and bring their record up to 9-6 and the Yets lose to pittsburgh and chicago and both teams then become 9-6 and you were coach belichick would you rest all of the starters and allow the fins to delibrately win just to seal the jets out of the playoffs (and hope that the bills win)? all  of this assuming we are 13-2 and have secured a first round bye.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: hypothetically speaking

personally I would love to see the Jets miss the playoffs. I passed on BB post game presser in favor of watching FatRex. he has stopped with the Superbowl talk. I would just love to see his face when/if they get eliminated from post season..  But I'm not the coach of the NEP's, and the actual coach of the NEP's is about WINNING and onlt winning. In his presser someone asked him about that and he said that the Patriots would continue to play every game, and at the end of the season someone would tell them what was next.. or something like that..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mirage123. Show Mirage123's posts

In Response to hypothetically speaking:
    if the fins are able to beat buffalo and detroit and bring their record up to 9-6 and the Yets lose to pittsburgh and chicago and both teams then become 9-6 and you were coach belichick would you rest all of the starters and allow the fins to delibrately win just to seal the jets out of the playoffs (and hope that the bills win)? all  of this assuming we are 13-2 and have secured a first round bye.
    Posted by natesubs

Brady is on NFL record home winning streak. He will not lose to Dolphins at home no matter what. If SD or Indy win out, they will eliminate the Jets. if Jets happens to lose 2 out of 3.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think we rest the starters some against the fins anyway. I want to see the depth get some reps the next few weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Jets:
    Total Salary: $117,455,934
    Potential Dead Money: $17,968,733
    Total Cap Charge: $135,424,667
    existing in 2009 was $112.1 million

the best part is they are at about 117 million dollars worth of the 112 million dollar cap figure for 2010.  about 21% over. Meaning that even while they are using the yankees formula they cannot beat the pats. http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

as for next season with only 36 player who will be under contract with the jets for next season they are already at $110,564,122 for a cap figure. meaning if they fill out the 53 man roster and have no bust signings who get cut in camp and no hold outs who want more money they have to sign 17 players for 2 million dollars or 117 k each on average. this includes not being able to resign players such as ellis, mangold, cromartie, clemens, harris, etc.  To put it llightly they are screwed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I would love to see the Jets not make the post-season, but I would not want the Pats to coast in week 17.  That's two weeks of not playing for your most important players. We've all seen how that works for the Colts. If the Pats don't have a bye (unlikely), I could agree with it, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Why do we want to be like the pathetic colts organization?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: hypothetically speaking:
    Why do we want to be like the pathetic colts organization?
    Posted by WCPatsFan

If they don't have a bye, I am thinking about what happened last year with Welker. He was hurt in a meangingless game and that pretty much sealed their deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Posted by natesubs

I have always been a proponent of resting starters if the postseason seed is not in question.  I hated that year we lost Rodney Harrison in a meaningless game.  Give the backups some game experience.  Maybe feature some dudes that could be traded in the offseason.

The cream on the pie would be helping the phins shut the Jests out of the playoffs.  Off with Rex's head.

On the other hand maybe we want Rex to keep his job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I almost want them to make the playoffs and make it to the championship game vs NE so TB and BB can do their number on Rex again but how humiliating is that?  Not as much as not making the playoffs for a team that (thanks Nate great breakdown on cap numbers) has a bunch of names but no real substance is in bad shape going into the offseason. 

A lot of big FAs and no $$ to pay them. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I almost want them to make the playoffs and make it to the championship game vs NE so TB and BB can do their number on Rex again but how humiliating is that?  Not as much as not making the playoffs for a team that (thanks Nate great breakdown on cap numbers) has a bunch of names but no real substance is in bad shape going into the offseason.  A lot of big FAs and no $$ to pay them. 
    Posted by Pats7393

That would mean that they would have to be able to beat Pitt/baltimore/san diego/indy/jags to reach us

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by natesubs

No, the pats have to keep wining to secure the home field through the playoffs, don't want to travel to Pitssburgh again this season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to hypothetically speaking : No, the pats have to keep wining to secure the home field through the playoffs, don't want to travel to Pitssburgh again this season
    Posted by kansaspatriot

January 5, 1997 W 28-3 Foxboro AFC Divisional Playoff
    January 3, 1998 L 7-6 Pittsburgh AFC Divisional Playoff
    January 27, 2002 W 24-17 Pittsburgh AFC Championship
    January 23, 2005 W 41-27 Pittsburgh AFC Championship

Sections
Shortcuts