I am hearing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: I am hearing

Wouldn't be surprised, the guy hasn't been seen in weeks (not a good sign). I'm thinking he perhaps has a partial tear of his mcl or something...something maybe you could play with...most likely not. I think this is a prime example of why you don't pin your hopes on old talent (see A. Wilson).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Wouldn't be surprised, the guy hasn't been seen in weeks (not a good sign). I'm thinking he perhaps has a partial tear of his mcl or something...something maybe you could play with...most likely not. I think this is a prime example of why you don't pin your hopes on old talent (see A. Wilson).

I'm not sure why age is an issue with a knee. Henry Melton is 27 and he tore up his knee, same position. 

With A wilson I would agree based on the type of injury.  just don't see the age issue with the type of injury Kelly has.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah, this team has a terrible track record of signing older vets who helped them win Super Bowls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Wilfork

Mayo

Vareen

Amendola

Kelly

Probably not our year. Sad to see. Go Sox.

I disagree take a look at the every other team. The pat's will have Gronk, Talib and Vereen for the stretch drive and will adjust and game plan week to week around Kelly & Wilfork.

It's not just the the Pat's that have issues.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/injuries.htm

It's just tough to see the hits on the defensive side of the ball, but I agree, of any teams we have the best chance to overcome. I posted an article on BB's ability to build depth. A concept that a few jokers on this board do not seem to understand. then again, Mayo and Wilfork are 2 of the best at their postitions in the league, and both team captains. it is a bigger loss then most realize, but can still be overcome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I disagree take a look at the every other team. The pat's will have Gronk, Talib and Vereen for the stretch drive and will adjust and game plan week to week around Kelly & Wilfork.

but don't you feel there is a point of no return?  The defense was making some pretty good progress this year; which was reflected/supported by statistics.  Wilfork and Mayo - Gone.  Kelly and Talib injured and not playing. Sure, JAGS can fill in - the show must go on. Can you honestly say the defense is playing the same w/o these 4 guys?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

You don't have sources.

No, and he made clear he did not.

But thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

but don't you feel there is a point of no return?  The defense was making some pretty good progress this year; which was reflected/supported by statistics.  Wilfork and Mayo - Gone.  Kelly and Talib injured and not playing. Sure, JAGS can fill in - the show must go on. Can you honestly say the defense is playing the same w/o these 4 guys?

The NFL is a war of attrition. I hate to be cliche but it is next man up. In the NFL coaching is so much more important than any other sport. You can game plan around injuries week to week depending on the match-ups. Right now on D the Pat's as you stated are close to that tipping point but as long as they can scheme with spikes and Hightower inside and talib and Dennard are on the field they can get by. 

If you are looking at playoff match-ups defensively they will have a diffucult time against KC & Cincy without Kelly & Vince against Denver it won't be as big an issue.

Going forward through the playoffs Talib is the key.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm not sure why age is an issue with a knee. Henry Melton is 27 and he tore up his knee, same position. 

With A wilson I would agree based on the type of injury.  just don't see the age issue with the type of injury Kelly has.

Non contact injury from a guy who is an older player, I'm not saying that never happens to a younger player, but the chances increase with age. Same with Vince...non contact...older player. When you're old (in football years) and weigh 330 plus pounds...things are going to happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

You don't have sources.

He is the source.  And he seems to always have some good info so I'm taking it as a heads up, this could be a possible situation and would be horrible if true.

Thanks for the info rkarp.

Jets

troll

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

Wow. That would be huge. 

Jets troll

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

You don't have sources.

I thought Dexter was supposed to be smart?

jets troll

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Non contact injury from a guy who is an older player, I'm not saying that never happens to a younger player, but the chances increase with age. Same with Vince...non contact...older player. When you're old (in football years) and weigh 330 plus pounds...things are going to happen.

Have to disagree about non contact injuries. It happens to just as many young guys. I don't think those injuries related to age. There are just as many young guys as old guys blowing out knees. How old was Welker when he blew his knee out?

I don't know how many were non contact but here is a list of the ACL injuries this year. Seems like a fair mix of all ages.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/list-of-every-nfl-player-with-a-torn-acl-so-far-this-season/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

Someone is blabbing at ESPN...someone with contacts either at the NFL offices or from someone with contacts with the staff for the Pats...maybe an ex player who works at ESPN ?....

Does it really matter? They are NOT winning a SB this year, too many injuries on D and not enough cohesion on O...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You don't have sources.

Christ, he IS a source, and really the only one we have here unless you count HotBlitz, who is a janitor in Chicago.

Pipe down there, Never-Actually-Shotapuck..

Still bitter about me out analyzing the azzzz off you in your own little bruin board?

You can lie and throw insults all day bud but facts are facts. Ive been taking care of the ice and driving the zamboni for the Leafs for 10+ years. Come around and ask anyone in the building about the young guy who does that and is a die hard pats fan. 

Regardless, it would be your style to throw pot-shots in a thread I haven't contributed in. I'm not the only one, there's a solid group of people on this board that know your a loser. 

Sticky to nhl 14 Grapes. We have already had hockey debates to which you've admitting losing.

Thanks for playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Wouldnt be suprised if Kelly has a torn ACL and or meniscus, and is hoping that he has enough muscle tension in his leg to hold it together and be able to play through it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I didn't like the way his knee gave out when he hurt it.  I think they've kept him off IR just in case there is even the slimest chance he could come back.  As soon as that chance moves from slim to none, they'll IR him.  This is a familiar pattern for the Pats, where players disappear for a few weeks, then end up on IR.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

if this is true. this could be it. unless the rookies can come along and make the presence in the middle its done. Kelly was the best interior rusher we had and would fill VW's shoes a little bit. the injuries this year are just out of control... sad to see all these talented guys go down

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

RKrap with another wild guess trying to convince the forum he is important! LOL what a tool!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

RKrap with another wild guess trying to convince the forum he is important! LOL what a tool!

Lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Wilfork

Mayo

Vareen

Amendola

Kelly

Probably not our year. Sad to see. Go Sox.

Don't count your chickens on Talib. The guy has not finished a season healthy since 2009. Even if he comes back (from a hip injury which he has injured previously) will he be able to play at the level he was at to start the season? If not, this is a very different defense regardless of everyone else's health.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

You don't have sources.

He is the source.  And he seems to always have some good info so I'm taking it as a heads up, this could be a possible situation and would be horrible if true.

Thanks for the info rkarp.

Jets

troll

RicosUncle!  Bwahahahaha! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

So if Kelly has surgery next week and is out for the season, will you finally go away?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

...dead people?

Sections
Shortcuts