I am hearing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: I am hearing

wonder what DTs were left on the board when we took worthless bust Tavon Wilson... ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wonder what DTs were left on the board when we took worthless bust Tavon Wilson... ?

[/QUOTE]

Kendell Reyes who I wanted BADLY was taken 1 pick after Wilson. So shameful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kendell Reyes who I wanted BADLY was taken 1 pick after Wilson. So shameful.

[/QUOTE]

Yes I wanted Reyes also! At the time I gave BB benefit of the doubt, but now two years later what a colossal mistake!! Nothing good ever happens when you draft for need! Always draft BPA!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yup that was the obvious move then and now.

Trading out of pick 62, that ended up being STUD CB Casey Hayward (or could have been VERY good CB's Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson... so you could get a late 3rd (Jake Bequtte - almost a bust) and a late 5th (later became Ebner and Jeremy Ebert)

So basically because of those two blown 2nd rd picks the team had to overpay Arrington and then reach for another safety in 2013 in Harmon and have a gaping hole at DT when Wilfork went down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I was vocal about Reyes at that spot as well, and was bummed we passed on DT depth. Good thing we know the draft is a crapshoot and you miss on most players. The depth we have in the secondary has been evident as we are a top ranked pass defense. Missing on a reach like tavon is greatly overshadowed  by the extra picks the GM has accumulated in order to build the best team. Especially when the GM is appeasing a coach who will absolutely start any undrafted FA over a high profile draft pick any day. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems Reyes was in most everyone's sights, which is what made the Tavon draft choice so bewildering. No one wants to pass final judgement on a 2nd year player, and I did see improvement from Tavon this summer. But it appears the resources used the past 2 years at the S position have been ill advised. Gregory, AWilson, TWilson, Harmon. Truthfully, I thought that Tavon was the better player of the 4, with the most potential upside. Sure, at this given moment, Gregory is the safer player, but Tavon is the better tackler, will create more turnovers, and will also be a big part of ST. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Not sure if this gives credence to what RKarp was supposedly hearing, but this surely isn't good news.

E_Scal  Erik Scalavino
    #Patriots DT Tommy Kelly is the only absentee from Friday's practice.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure if this gives credence to what RKarp was supposedly hearing, but this surely isn't good news.

E_Scal  Erik Scalavino
    #Patriots DT Tommy Kelly is the only absentee from Friday's practice.

[/QUOTE]

rather than believe the words Harvey puts in my mouth, why dont you read what I actually said? I said, Kelly needs surgery. He is going to try and practice this week, and see if he can play through the injury. If he can, he will have surgery at the end of the season. If he cannot, he will have surgery now.

Surely, if the PAts were 2-6 rather than 6-2, Kelly would have already had the surgery...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think we all wanted Reyes. What wasn't to like about the kid from UConn? Then again a number of people including myself wanted Hankins, Wilkerson, and a host of other DTs. Maybe next year. Some nice DT/NTs coming up that should be late 1st round picks. I really want Hageman right now.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

wow, I would never have thought. someone more annoying than Harvey/Rusty/Burger/ King/ Queen

You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfansince1966. Show Patsfansince1966's posts

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts