I am interested in your opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: I am interested in your opinion

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill Belichick is the worst person doing a press conference. Period. When I say the worst, I mean the worst on the planet, not just football, not just sports...the planet. He gives zero information and as a fan that is frustrating - he won't even answer a simple question - something like, how is the weather? Won't be answered directly if he is not in the mood. Speaking of mood, he is not consistent in that department either. I find it best to read his transcripts - if you have to pay attention at all - because his sound/demeanor is depressing...you think something is seriously wrong even after they just won the game.

As long as he wins he can get away with this, but man if he ever started to lose? I can't see how he could survive. I know coaches that lose won't survive anyway, but some really can extend it a bit longer by being popular with the media and fans (see Rex Ryan). I imagine Kraft puts up with it because he understands just how good a coach he has here. Cleveland certainly didn't put up with it, they harassed him endlessly and drove him out of town, trying to ruin his reputation in the process. Take a look back one to five years after he left Cleveland, he was still being talked about as a morbid villain that would ruin your franchise. We were mocked by the Cleveland media when we hired him, but if Bill won there they would be saying the same stuff we do around here...great coach...we win...so we put up with his handling of his media responsibilities.

And to all the, "he can be very interesting and informative", people. When he is in those situations he is not talking about relative information/insight to this team and what is going on. He is talking about zone defenses from 1982. He is talking about a linebacker that played  20 years ago. He is talking about the run blocking schemes at the Navy academy and how they changed between the years of 1972-1979. He is not giving you anything. 

[/QUOTE]

What would you rather have? Successful winning seasons or a coach who yaps like a clown like Rex Ryan and nothing to show for it? You have the former but sounds like you prefer the latter.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have the successful winning coach, than the guy who is good in a press conference. Of course I'd like to have both, but that's me just being a spoiled, entitled fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bill Belichick is the worst person doing a press conference. Period. When I say the worst, I mean the worst on the planet, not just football, not just sports...the planet. He gives zero information and as a fan that is frustrating - he won't even answer a simple question - something like, how is the weather? Won't be answered directly if he is not in the mood. Speaking of mood, he is not consistent in that department either. I find it best to read his transcripts - if you have to pay attention at all - because his sound/demeanor is depressing...you think something is seriously wrong even after they just won the game.

As long as he wins he can get away with this, but man if he ever started to lose? I can't see how he could survive. I know coaches that lose won't survive anyway, but some really can extend it a bit longer by being popular with the media and fans (see Rex Ryan). I imagine Kraft puts up with it because he understands just how good a coach he has here. Cleveland certainly didn't put up with it, they harassed him endlessly and drove him out of town, trying to ruin his reputation in the process. Take a look back one to five years after he left Cleveland, he was still being talked about as a morbid villain that would ruin your franchise. We were mocked by the Cleveland media when we hired him, but if Bill won there they would be saying the same stuff we do around here...great coach...we win...so we put up with his handling of his media responsibilities.

And to all the, "he can be very interesting and informative", people. When he is in those situations he is not talking about relative information/insight to this team and what is going on. He is talking about zone defenses from 1982. He is talking about a linebacker that played  20 years ago. He is talking about the run blocking schemes at the Navy academy and how they changed between the years of 1972-1979. He is not giving you anything. 

[/QUOTE]

What would you rather have? Successful winning seasons or a coach who yaps like a clown like Rex Ryan and nothing to show for it? You have the former but sounds like you prefer the latter.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have the successful winning coach, than the guy who is good in a press conference. Of course I'd like to have both, but that's me just being a spoiled, entitled fan.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I'm a spoiled fan too. I think we all are. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Do you guys actually listen to BB's press conferences (or read the transcripts) the whole way through?  He gives several press conferences a week during the season and in most of them he gives pretty good info.  Oddly, I think they tend to get better as the week wears on and game time gets closer.  Maybe he's less stressed once the game plan is installed. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a fan, have you ever listened to BB and walked away with anything? I understand after all these years and press conferences, he doesn't want you to walk away with anything. His abrasive ness is a defense mechanism having to do with the fact that he thought he was burnt in years past.

I simply don't see the positives in not giving a rabid fan base some tidbits because some in the media have been harsh on BB. 

I thought Cherington, as usual was fantastic to his and the teams fans, as well as the media. Danny Ainge, always does the same. 

[/QUOTE]

When BB doesn't absolutely have to keep a secret (which is half the time) he talks chess.  The fans all want to hear about checkers.  Many of the reporters want to hear about checkers. 

BB really hates a dumb reporter question when he hears one.  Yes, sometimes he deals with them tongue in cheek.  At other times, he wanders into new territory for the fans and for the reporters.  He says what the coaching staff is currently thinking and it goes over people's heads, because they've never heard of these concepts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Maybe, just maybe, Belichick will open up some when he finally gets the camel off his back with the Patriots winning another super bowl this year but I doubt it.

BostonSportsFan111, you're my hero.

Rusty, you might want to read Section136's post again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I didn't see the press conference , but will comment on the lester trade.when they traded lester they got X players now Lester goes into FA after the season sox will bring him back for.giving up nothing that's the best trade ever in any sports if it goes down like that. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe, just maybe, Belichick will open up some when he finally gets the camel off his back with the Patriots winning another super bowl this year but I doubt it.

BostonSportsFan111, you're my hero.

Rusty, you might want to read Section136's post again.

[/QUOTE]

Why?  He said I tried to twist his words to fit my supposed agenda.  That's just not true.  Anyone who thinks BB has been amongst the "league average" in cultivating young talent in recent years is either a moron or a troll.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

League average is correct.  Last chart I checked (last year) had him coming in 17th with his picks @57%.

2nd round is horrendous.  The Round he always has the most picks in.  The round he picked mostly defensive players in.  HORRENDOUS!

Those are not luxury picks.  Those are first round picks that he traded.

He's Ok at picking depth but when those 3/4 guys have to start, there are issues.

Half the starters in the past 8 years, shouldn't even have started and wouldn't start on another team .

That's how you get bottom ranked D's for years and years.  Sorry, no disputing that!

It sure isn't because of the talented picks.

FACT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did anyone see the press conference of Cherington? 

I would be interested in hearing some opinions on how you thought it compared to one of BB's? 

BB is supposed to be the master of press conferences, yet everyone walks away like they just ate a soggy sandwich. Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed. He insured everyone in attained acne understand what the situation was, how it unfolded and what the next few days might look like. No animosity, no evasiveness, no sarcastic barbs, no sour puss looks saying I really have no desire to be here talking to you. 

Discuss

[/QUOTE]

What is "attained acne"?

Also, please stop using my words.  I noticed you used "wildly" yesterday and you have been using "bludgeoned" continously as well.

Copying me will not make you smarter.

[/QUOTE]

"please stop using my words"

Bwhahahahahahahaahaaaaaaa!  What a loser!  Tell us, Queen Bean, which words are yours?  As if your pathetic jealousy of anything Rkarp posts isn't enough, you're now claiming that he plagiarizes you?  Oh my. No bigger loser exists in this world than you, Queenie.  You are universally mocked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Section136's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rkarp-

I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, but let's not B.S. one another.  You have a clear agenda to bash Belichick, and that has been clear for quite some time.  If there are 2 rock solid themes on this site, it is that Rusty will bash Brady at any given chance, and that you will do the same with Belichick.  It's who you are.  You can spin it any way you like, but there have been numerous examples of this.  I don't agree with either you or Russ in these regards.  I think that both Brady and Belichick have been equally important to NE's success over the previous decade plus.  I also think both guys are terrific off the field and I enjoy how both go about their business and deal with the media.

Since this thread is about BB more so than Brady, I will just say that he complies with league rules when it comes to dealing with the media.  It isn't his job to give reporters info, or fans for that matter.  As a fan, I appreciate that he gives as little info as possible.  I love that about him.  He owes the media nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Wazzu, no worries. you have made your mind up, and I wont change it. I do however think you are wrong. I have been very supportive of BB as a coach, and would challenge you to find any of my comments to the contrary.

As BB the GM, I have been less enthused with the free agency decisions made here over the past 5-6 years. I think BB has been league average in the draft, and have stated so. And yes, 100%, as the voice and face of the franchise management, I feel BB left the public very much in the dark regarding the AH situation.

I don't think these stated facts are an agenda. That I do not put BB on a pedestal and think he has no faults doesn't make me a hater. IN fact, in BB I trust. I have stated that numerous times.

[/QUOTE]

League average as a gm?  Lol!  You supposedly watch practices standing next to that dork chris gasper all day and you think the talent he has assembled is "average"?

Also, with big contracts due into the lockout and a flat cap through it all, big splashes in free agency should not have been expected. I warned you on that from day 1.  Just because you are dumb, it does not mean bb is "average" as a gm.

The greatest gm of all time cannot be "average".  That is just asinine. 

[/QUOTE]

dummy. I did not say he was a league average GM. I said he was league average in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't it frustrating when you say something and then someone else sort of twists it to fit their agenda? They use your words but their interpretation can be so far away from what you intended, you don't even recognize it. Very similar to 30+ pages vs. 30+ texts. After a while you might resent it. You might be determined to say nothing to them...nothing. Not even your opinion on the color of the sky. You may even trow in a terse persona to try to dissuade them from even asking.

"Nuclear warheads heading at Boston! Details after this commercial break!"

Commercial break for 3 minutes.

"We're back, tonight, several dismantled nuclear warheads are heading to Boston on a flatbed truck to be recycled into tuna cans. Here's Dick with the latest on this story."

Gotta sell that breakfast cereal!

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? I can't help it if that moron can't read.  If anyone has an agenda, it's RKrap. I specifically said "look at all the young talent' he's drafted here since 2010".

We have one of the youngest teams in the league, absolutely oozing with talent all across the roster.

Yet, RKrap is calling BB's draft yields and personnel management "league average"????  You're as insane as he is if you believe that garbage, because that is what it is: GARBAGE

Read it and eat it: Bill Belichick is the best GM in NFL history. FACT

[/QUOTE]

Tell us, Queenbean, has the 2nd greatest GM in football won a superbowl in the last decade?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you guys actually listen to BB's press conferences (or read the transcripts) the whole way through?  He gives several press conferences a week during the season and in most of them he gives pretty good info.  Oddly, I think they tend to get better as the week wears on and game time gets closer.  Maybe he's less stressed once the game plan is installed. 

[/QUOTE]

I think if you're a simpleton and have a limited attention span, you end up like Mt Hurl and feel "depressed" after listening to it.

I find it fascinating so much emphasis is put on this. There are many deliberate and terse coaches who are very similar to BB up at the podium.

Parcells used to lambaste people and for some reason people forget that or give him a pass. It's very strange.

And. for grown men to be so distraught over it to start threads on a board about it, is very disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

The thing is, Belichick isn't even that terse most of the time.  Sure, there are times when he seems pretty grumpy and some questions clearly annoy him, but I'd say 80% of the time he's pretty open and willing to talk.  He can be funny, even friendly with reporters.  People focus on the times when he's grumpy, but I'd say overall he treats the press with far more respect that Parcells ever did.  Parcells was funny, but he was also a real arze.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think if you're a simpleton and have a limited attention span, you end up like Mt Hurl and feel "depressed" after listening to it.

I find it fascinating so much emphasis is put on this. There are many deliberate and terse coaches who are very similar to BB up at the podium.

Parcells used to lambaste people and for some reason people forget that or give him a pass. It's very strange.

And. for grown men to be so distraught over it to start threads on a board about it, is very disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

My god you must do so may drugs that it is unmeasurable. Did you just compare Belichick to Parcells in a round about way regarding their handling of the media? Those are two totally different animals we are talking about here...one was absolutely loved by the media, the guy actually improved tv ratings during his press conferences...the other is despised and rightfully so.

And no there isn't many coaches that are "similar" to Belichick at the podium. Are you for real? The guy is down right morbid...he answers nothing. You could ask him if those things with wings, chirping and flying in the sky were birds, and he'd answer...I'm not at liberty to say, I'm not a bird expert, you'll have to ask someone else about birds. The guy is anal and paranoid with the media. It's not necessary and it's not something any owner would put up with if his team was not winning. 

It's ok rusty, Belchick is the best coach in the nfl - I wouldn't want anyone else - but for you to make excuses for his demeanor and handling of the media is a joke. Typical, but a joke. We all know you are the BIGGEST fraud on here, so it's no big deal...we expect nothing less from the phony, know nothing fan that you are.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My god you must do so may drugs that it is unmeasurable. Did you just compare Belichick to Parcells in a round about way regarding their handling of the media? Those are two totally different animals we are talking about here...one was absolutely loved by the media, the guy actually improved tv ratings during his press conferences...the other is despised and rightfully so.

And no there isn't many coaches that are "similar" to Belichick at the podium. Are you for real? The guy is down right morbid...he answers nothing. You could ask him if those things with wings, chirping and flying in the sky were birds, and he'd answer...I'm not at liberty to say, I'm not a bird expert, you'll have to ask someone else about birds. The guy is anal and paranoid with the media. It's not necessary and it's not something any owner would put up with if his team was not winning. 

It's ok rusty, Belchick is the best coach in the nfl - I wouldn't want anyone else - but for you to make excuses for his demeanor and handling of the media is a joke. Typical, but a joke. We all know you are the BIGGEST fraud on here, so it's no big deal...we expect nothing less from the phony, know nothing fan that you are.

[/QUOTE]

"isn't many"?

No way you're a teacher. No way. My god.  That's just horrendous grammar and not defensible for someone who collects a paycheck via taxpayer money.

It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach.

Seek the help you need before it's too late.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, if there is a single place on god's green earth that grammar is vital, it's a patsie forum on a Boston newspaper website.  Because Boston is known for it's impeccable grammar.  Hey, I've got an idea, let's play, "let's point out every single spelling and grammar mistake that Queenie makes so that he can claim they were all typos", shall we? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"isn't many"?

No way you're a teacher. No way. My god.  That's just horrendous grammar and not defensible for someone who collects a paycheck via taxpayer money.

It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach.

[/QUOTE]

"It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach."

I do believe that's a run on sentence, you flippin idiot.  Learn how to use punctuation, moron.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Did anyone see the press conference of Cherington? 

I would be interested in hearing some opinions on how you thought it compared to one of BB's? 

BB is supposed to be the master of press conferences, yet everyone walks away like they just ate a soggy sandwich. Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed. He insured everyone in attained acne understand what the situation was, how it unfolded and what the next few days might look like. No animosity, no evasiveness, no sarcastic barbs, no sour puss looks saying I really have no desire to be here talking to you. 

Discuss

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Bill Belichick has obviously hurt Rkarp at some point in his career. Either when he left the Jets at the alter, or when he lambasted him at a presser. Rkarp has been burned by the master!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Belichick is a breath of fresh air in a sports society which caters to the media, and the fan. He refuses to play the "game" and answer b.s questions.

As Patriot fans we should be thankful we have an old school "football guy" running the show and not some PR conscience hack!

Good job pointing this out rkarp.  Great thread!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rkarp-

I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, but let's not B.S. one another.  You have a clear agenda to bash Belichick, and that has been clear for quite some time.  If there are 2 rock solid themes on this site, it is that Rusty will bash Brady at any given chance, and that you will do the same with Belichick.  It's who you are.  You can spin it any way you like, but there have been numerous examples of this.  I don't agree with either you or Russ in these regards.  I think that both Brady and Belichick have been equally important to NE's success over the previous decade plus.  I also think both guys are terrific off the field and I enjoy how both go about their business and deal with the media.

Since this thread is about BB more so than Brady, I will just say that he complies with league rules when it comes to dealing with the media.  It isn't his job to give reporters info, or fans for that matter.  As a fan, I appreciate that he gives as little info as possible.  I love that about him.  He owes the media nothing.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What a post!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB doesn't owe you anything, that's where your confusion comes from.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry Wozzy, I didnt realize you ended the thread with this comment. I wouldn't have wasted my time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"isn't many"?

[/QUOTE]

"It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach."

I do believe that's a run on sentence, you flippin idiot.  Learn how to use punctuation, moron.  

[/QUOTE]

I forgot a comma. Big deal. It's a long way from not knowing a basic plural, Bustchise Dahmer.

lol

[/QUOTE]

Oh My God! I used a singular when I should of used a plural! Oh my Heavens! Isn't that something? Aren't it?

I guess it could be worse, I could write sentences like this...Bill Belichick has drafted more players that start than anyone else over the length of time the salary cap has been in place in fact you can't name a single person who has drafted better signed better free agents made better fiscally responsible decisions that have kept this team consistently the best since the salary cap has been introduced in fact if it weren't for Brady we would be talking about a guy who has won more Super Bowls than anyone else.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts