I am interested in your opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: I am interested in your opinion

Like Cherrington in his job; like BB in his.  Cherrington takes an open and informative approach when it comes to specificity, Belichick does not.  The reasons BB does not have been outlined above and I see no need to repeat them. 

Since my opinion has been elicited I will offer it:  the media has a hard-on for BB because he doesn't worship at their altar.  As my late father would say - To G_od_dam_n bad about ya.  Deal with it.

rkarp, I appreciate the info you provide in here on a routine and continuing basis.  With respect to this particular topic I've provided what you've requested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone see the press conference of Cherington? 

I would be interested in hearing some opinions on how you thought it compared to one of BB's? 

BB is supposed to be the master of press conferences, yet everyone walks away like they just ate a soggy sandwich. Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed. He insured everyone in attained acne understand what the situation was, how it unfolded and what the next few days might look like. No animosity, no evasiveness, no sarcastic barbs, no sour puss looks saying I really have no desire to be here talking to you. 

Discuss

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

As a fan I'd want something closer to Cherington honestly. After hearing the presser I came away happy as a fan knowing why certain moves were made and more confident with the team moving forward. I couldn't ask for more and I don't thing any opposing team came away with an advantage from information gather at it.

As for BB, some days I get frustrated and just would like some info any info. I love this team and just getting to see it for 3 hrs once a week is not enough. I wish I knew more about the team and why certain things are done. Imo we all do otherwise there wouldn't be a forum and good debates on the Pats practices an players. We all toss out theories so in a way we all want to get closer to the team and information is one way to do it. Then again other times I know how his pressers are so I just grab popcorn for comedic purposes.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like Cherrington in his job; like BB in his.  Cherrington takes an open and informative approach when it comes to specificity, Belichick does not.  The reasons BB does not have been outlined above and I see no need to repeat them. 

Since my opinion has been elicited I will offer it:  the media has a hard-on for BB because he doesn't worship at their altar.  As my late father would say - To G_od_dam_n bad about ya.  Deal with it.

rkarp, I appreciate the info you provide in here on a routine and continuing basis.  With respect to this particular topic I've provided what you've requested.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well who wouldn't? Their entire job is to get info and BB gives them none. If someone came in and made your job impossible and frustrating everyday wouldn't you have a hard-on for them too? In the end if the media is hard on BB it's because he's hard on them so any "media bias" that might exist might have been created by BB himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did anyone see the press conference of Cherington? 

I would be interested in hearing some opinions on how you thought it compared to one of BB's? 

BB is supposed to be the master of press conferences, yet everyone walks away like they just ate a soggy sandwich. Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed. He insured everyone in attained acne understand what the situation was, how it unfolded and what the next few days might look like. No animosity, no evasiveness, no sarcastic barbs, no sour puss looks saying I really have no desire to be here talking to you. 

Discuss

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

As a fan I'd want something closer to Cherington honestly. After hearing the presser I came away happy as a fan knowing why certain moves were made and more confident with the team moving forward. I couldn't ask for more and I don't thing any opposing team came away with an advantage from information gather at it.

As for BB, some days I get frustrated and just would like some info any info. I love this team and just getting to see it for 3 hrs once a week is not enough. I wish I knew more about the team and why certain things are done. Imo we all do otherwise there wouldn't be a forum and good debates on the Pats practices an players. We all toss out theories so in a way we all want to get closer to the team and information is one way to do it. Then again other times I know how his pressers are so I just grab popcorn for comedic purposes.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

can you imagine if BB told the inner workings and decision of the team?  Heads here would explode when the theories got thrown out there and then BB says totally opposite. It woukd be live entertainment !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would have no problem if BB had a press conference and said;

Good Morning

B Stork has a pretty good ankle sprain. I am not sure when he will be back, but our medical staff thinks MOnday

A Dobson is running pretty well right now, and we are still easing him into full contact drills. Our medical staff thinks he will be back full speed in about 10 days

Good Bye

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

all good points. I really was simply asking as a fan. I walked away from the Sox press conference impressed.

I usually walk away from the Pats press conferences...and I will leave it at that (and yes, I understand BB is not there to impress me or anyone else)

[/QUOTE]

Why were you impressed?

[/QUOTE]

Because he is obsessed with hating bb and will have verbal diarrhea about his mental illness here whenever possible.

Cherington is not mandated to give the media daily interviews like bb is and he is not forced to be baited by said media.

Two totally different situations.

[/QUOTE]

Edit:  I am interested in your opinion, but not yours.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Football is different than baseball, opposing teams aren't listening to Cherington trying to get a competitive advantage, they are not hoping to glean some knowledge about the injury of certain players to know where to hit them this Sunday, they aren't wondering if his reasoning for playing player x is to create a mismatch... apples and oranges.  In baseball everybody knows what you're going to do typically, football is about creating mismatches and finding an advantage.

The only people that don't like BB's demeanor during press conferences are the gentlemen of the press... and they're entirely too sensitive and entitled anyway.  

Sorry but you don't need the intimate details of my life or the team, you only need to know pertinent information that doesn't leave the team at a disadvantage because you gave the opposition a full scouting report.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well who wouldn't? Their entire job is to get info and BB gives them none. If someone came in and made your job impossible and frustrating everyday wouldn't you have a hard-on for them too? In the end if the media is hard on BB it's because he's hard on them so any "media bias" that might exist might have been created by BB himself.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't say they didn't have their reasons, PE; merely calling it as I see it.  Doesn't change my perspective or my post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

can you imagine if BB told the inner workings and decision of the team?  Heads here would explode when the theories got thrown out there and then BB says totally opposite. It woukd be live entertainment !

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wouldn't it? It would be epic beyond belief if in his last presser ever he just opens up and explains everything he's down for what I hope is 2 decades with the team. Just imagine the utter silence if BB just went over everything for 8hrs in a conference room. From the T. Wilson pick, to going for the win in the first SB, to the 4th and 1 call, to the Welker decision. Talk about exploding heads. It would make for an HBO special event.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Football is different than baseball, opposing teams aren't listening to Cherington trying to get a competitive advantage, they are not hoping to glean some knowledge about the injury of certain players to know where to hit them this Sunday, they aren't wondering if his reasoning for playing player x is to create a mismatch... apples and oranges.  In baseball everybody knows what you're going to do typically, football is about creating mismatches and finding an advantage.

The only people that don't like BB's demeanor during press conferences are the gentlemen of the press... and they're entirely too sensitive and entitled anyway.  

Sorry but you don't need the intimate details of my life or the team, you only need to know pertinent information that doesn't leave the team at a disadvantage because you gave the opposition a full scouting report.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wozzy, other teams already know what's going on. There is very few secrets in the NFL now a days. Someone will always find out about something and it's hard to know what's going on. A player leaves a field holding his ankle and doesn't practice the next week. You don't think other teams don't know it's a sprain and about the time table is? For example look at Gronk. Do you honestly believe any team in the first 5 weeks thought Gronk was going to play against them? Looking at their D's they knew he wasn't. This can't get anything away is way overblown. Other coaches and GM's give out data all the time and it makes zero difference in the end. Heck, every coach has said after the first couple series most game plans are out the window anyways. If you can't adapt because you planned to have to face Gronk and suddenly you dont then you aren't a very good coach to begin with.

But just by your statement when was the last time BB even gave away any pertinent info? He doesn't even do that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Didn't say they didn't have their reasons, PE; merely calling it as I see it.  Doesn't change my perspective or my post.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry ATJ, too many people blaming media for hating BB when imo that hate was a self created monster to begin with over something as silly as giving a sarcastic and ill tempered response to a question 31 other coaches in the league get asked at every press conference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Exactly. Belichick was raised in a military family. His father worked at the Naval Academy for decades. Remember the saying "Loose lips sink ships", he LIVES by that. And the fact that every Tom, Harry and Dick in the media has gone out of their way to make him look bad whenever they have a chance to try to make a name for themselves doesn't help their cause.

Another Friday, another RKarp "BB isn't nice and fair to the poor media" thread...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Wozzy, other teams already know what's going on. There is very few secrets in the NFL now a days. Someone will always find out about something and it's hard to know what's going on. A player leaves a field holding his ankle and doesn't practice the next week. You don't think other teams don't know it's a sprain and about the time table is? For example look at Gronk. Do you honestly believe any team in the first 5 weeks thought Gronk was going to play against them? Looking at their D's they knew he wasn't. This can't get anything away is way overblown. Other coaches and GM's give out data all the time and it makes zero difference in the end. Heck, every coach has said after the first couple series most game plans are out the window anyways. If you can't adapt because you planned to have to face Gronk and suddenly you dont then you aren't a very good coach to begin with.

But just by your statement when was the last time BB even gave away any pertinent info? He doesn't even do that. 

[/QUOTE]

Players get dinged up all the time in practice and opposing teams have no clue what a "lower leg injury" really is or which leg.  Reporters ask specific questions about strategy or how BB will use certain players, he is under no obligation to answer.  

There are no secrets in football, secrecy plays no part?  Baloney!  Or what was that whole spygate BS about?

The guy is boring, he is bland, should he put on a show and entertain us?  Again the only people this bothers are the reporters who's feelings get hurt... who else really cares.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Players get dinged up all the time in practice and opposing teams have no clue what a "lower leg injury" really is or which leg.  Reporters ask specific questions about strategy or how BB will use certain players, he is under no obligation to answer.  

There are no secrets in football, secrecy plays no part?  Baloney!  Or what was that whole spygate BS about?

The guy is boring, he is bland, should he put on a show and entertain us?  Again the only people this bothers are the reporters who's feelings get hurt... who else really cares.

[/QUOTE]

well, the fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Belichick was raised in a military family. His father worked at the Naval Academy for decades. Remember the saying "Loose lips sink ships", he LIVES by that. And the fact that every Tom, Harry and Dick in the media has gone out of their way to make him look bad whenever they have a chance to try to make a name for themselves doesn't help their cause.

Another Friday, another RKarp "BB isn't nice and fair to the poor media" thread...

[/QUOTE]

well said Russ

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well said Russ

[/QUOTE]

He has a point. You always seem to start these threads or respond to others with the same "BB is mean to the media" talk. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well said Russ

[/QUOTE]

He has a point. You always seem to start these threads or respond to others with the same "BB is mean to the media" talk. 

[/QUOTE]

BB and his relationship with the media never really entered my mind. I was simply curious after the BenC press conference if anyone came away from it with the same thoughts I had? Which is, wouldn't it be nice as fans if we had a little more info and understanding on what is happening down the road in Foxboro? Watching Sean Mc and Edes given the time and courtesy to ask questions, and get answers, was refreshing.

That's all. NO BB agenda.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

well, the fans.

[/QUOTE]

If the option is to give a competitive advantage to the opposition or my knowing the specific details of a player's injury, I'd rather be ignorant.  

No offense RKarp but I wish the press was this zealous in pursuit of thieving politicians or something that actually matters.  It's quite possible that because the press are limited by their corporate handlers in what they can report that they attack with great zeal on topics where there are no restrictions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

well, the fans.

[/QUOTE]

If the option is to give a competitive advantage to the opposition or my knowing the specific details of a player's injury, I'd rather be ignorant.  

No offense RKarp but I wish the press was this zealous in pursuit of thieving politicians or something that actually matters.  It's quite possible that because the press are limited by their corporate handlers in what they can report that they attack with great zeal on topics where there are no restrictions.

[/QUOTE]

Wozzy, no offense taken. I asked for opinions, and you gave yours. Thanks. Enjoy your posts, and always nice to chat with other football fanatics

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well said Russ

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB and his relationship with the media never really entered my mind. I was simply curious after the BenC press conference if anyone came away from it with the same thoughts I had? Which is, wouldn't it be nice as fans if we had a little more info and understanding on what is happening down the road in Foxboro? Watching Sean Mc and Edes given the time and courtesy to ask questions, and get answers, was refreshing.

[/QUOTE]

BS, you are constantly posting on here about your and the media getting disrespected by BB. It has been going on at least since the Hernandez situation broke and BB was on the vacation of a lifetime with his family. You spent 3 weeks blathering on about how he should return from Croatia and address the situation. You have started MANY threads over the past year implying that BB, Kraft and the Patriots have something to hide, had direct knowledge of, or are somehow personally responsible for Hernandez and what he did.

This one almost reeks of Babe's famous 'Which faction are you' thread?

As Wozzy points out, almost no one outside of the media gives a rats rear end that BB doesn't care about giving the media anything.

Your obsession of being anti-BB is very close to that of another poster who thinks everything is Tom Bradys fault. Thanks Rusty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well said Russ

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BS, you are constantly posting on here about your and the media getting disrespected by BB. It has been going on at least since the Hernandez situation broke and BB was on the vacation of a lifetime with his family. You spent 3 weeks blathering on about how he should return from Croatia and address the situation. You have started MANY threads over the past year implying that BB, Kraft and the Patriots have something to hide, had direct knowledge of, or are somehow personally responsible for Hernandez and what he did. Your obsession is very close to that of another poster who thinks everything is Tom Bradys fault. Thanks Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

IDK, I think I have been pretty open and honest about my feelings regarding BB and the media. He is a first class tool. He may have his reasons, that's fair and fine. Yes, I have posted such, numerous times.

And yes, I am expecting things to come out regarding the AH situation that are unflattering to BB. BUt I have promised to not mention AH on this board until such time that info is available rather than heresay and speculation.

All that being said, this post I started was 100% due to my impressions of BenC and how he handled himself and the way he fed info to the Sox fan base. Quite simply, I was very impressed, and wondered if any one else had those impressions.

As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, I am in attendance of many, many of BB's press conferences...and do not leave with the same impressions..

Other than you thinking I have an agenda here, what did you think of the BenC press conference? YOu gave us your naval upbringing for why BB treats people the way he does, but what about the BEnC presser? Thoughts?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sorry ATJ, too many people blaming media for hating BB when imo that hate was a self created monster to begin with over something as silly as giving a sarcastic and ill tempered response to a question 31 other coaches in the league get asked at every press conference.

[/QUOTE]

The media is the media.  They have a job to do.  Simply because someone they have to deal with on a routine and continuing basis makes their job difficult doesn't mean that 'someone' is or isn't at fault.  It means it's the reality of the situation.  I deal with some unfortunate realities every day and I suspect most people in the working world have their own unique unfortunate realities.  Dealing with those realities in a responsible and professional way is what being a responsible professional is all about.  My point?  BB has conducted himself the same way for a good many years.  He's not going to change.  Either the media deals with it or they don't. 

I have zero problem with BB stonewalling issues with the media.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Rkarp, no BB agenda? Come on man. You started this thread with the comment "BB is supposed to be the master of press conferences, yet everyone walks away like they just ate a soggy sandwich. Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative." You're taking cheap shots at Belichick in his press conferences again. You do this a lot.

Sections
Shortcuts