I am interested in your opinion

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: I am interested in your opinion

"Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed."

I think that's fair. 

He also had a terrible offseason, one of the worst in many years, every move he made stunk. 

Belichick has never had an offseason that clueless and terrible. 

Cherington gives a better presser but unless he does better off the field he'll be giving interviews on webcams from Theo's basement in Chicago

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Well, that RSox have won 3 WS in the past decade (granted, not all 3 were under BenC)

And yes, I know the Pats have won the division every year the past decade....but we want SB wins.

Of course dealing with the media has zero correlation to wins and losses, but lets not say that the RS don't win, and the Pats do, when the Pats have not won a SB in over a decade

Not sure I read where anybody said they don't win?

But anyway, the bottom line is they're different guys. Most people are like BC, they care what people think of them, it's important to them to be liked and all of that. His ego needs care and feeding. He might also genuinely care about the guys (and gals) who cover the team, or he just believes he has a professional responsibility to them.

BB doesn't give one second's thought to any of that, it just doesn't register with him. He's clearly not concerned with what anybody says or writes about him, except if he can use it to his advantage - to motivate or galvanize his team. If he makes some writer or reporter's job a little more difficult, so be it.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Were you following his drafts and free agent decisions a few years back?

I think it's SB or bust. WS or bust. 

The RS have won 3 WS in the past decade. The Pats have won zero SB's in the past decade

[/QUOTE]

I'm no math wiz, but this doesn't add up. Considering they both won in 2004 (actually, the Pats won in 2004 and 2005 if you want to get technical), either the Pats have one title in the last decade (not zero) or the RS have two (not three).

Your call.

• Sections
    Shortcuts