I am interested in your opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Re: I am interested in your opinion

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you guys actually listen to BB's press conferences (or read the transcripts) the whole way through?  He gives several press conferences a week during the season and in most of them he gives pretty good info.  Oddly, I think they tend to get better as the week wears on and game time gets closer.  Maybe he's less stressed once the game plan is installed. 

[/QUOTE]

I think if you're a simpleton and have a limited attention span, you end up like Mt Hurl and feel "depressed" after listening to it.

I find it fascinating so much emphasis is put on this. There are many deliberate and terse coaches who are very similar to BB up at the podium.

Parcells used to lambaste people and for some reason people forget that or give him a pass. It's very strange.

And. for grown men to be so distraught over it to start threads on a board about it, is very disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

My god you must do so may drugs that it is unmeasurable. Did you just compare Belichick to Parcells in a round about way regarding their handling of the media? Those are two totally different animals we are talking about here...one was absolutely loved by the media, the guy actually improved tv ratings during his press conferences...the other is despised and rightfully so.

And no there isn't many coaches that are "similar" to Belichick at the podium. Are you for real? The guy is down right morbid...he answers nothing. You could ask him if those things with wings, chirping and flying in the sky were birds, and he'd answer...I'm not at liberty to say, I'm not a bird expert, you'll have to ask someone else about birds. The guy is anal and paranoid with the media. It's not necessary and it's not something any owner would put up with if his team was not winning. 

It's ok rusty, Belchick is the best coach in the nfl - I wouldn't want anyone else - but for you to make excuses for his demeanor and handling of the media is a joke. Typical, but a joke. We all know you are the BIGGEST fraud on here, so it's no big deal...we expect nothing less from the phony, know nothing fan that you are.

[/QUOTE]

"isn't many"?

No way you're a teacher. No way. My god.  That's just horrendous grammar and not defensible for someone who collects a paycheck via taxpayer money.

It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach.

Seek the help you need before it's too late.

[/QUOTE]

"It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach."

I do believe that's a run on sentence, you flippin idiot.  Learn how to use punctuation, moron.  

[/QUOTE]

I forgot a comma. Big deal. It's a long way from not knowing a basic plural, Bustchise Dahmer.

lol

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, you not knowing where and when to use commas is not big deal, but a typo by anyone else is a capital offense and means they need remedial training at a community college.  What a loser you are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed."

I think that's fair. 

He also had a terrible offseason, one of the worst in many years, every move he made stunk. 

Belichick has never had an offseason that clueless and terrible. 

Cherington gives a better presser but unless he does better off the field he'll be giving interviews on webcams from Theo's basement in Chicago

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Cherington was thoughtful, patient, accommodating and informative. He allowed everyone to ask questions, and more than one if needed."

I think that's fair. 

He also had a terrible offseason, one of the worst in many years, every move he made stunk. 

Cherington gives a better presser but unless he does better off the field he'll be giving interviews on webcams from Theo's basement in Chicago

[/QUOTE]

Well, that RSox have won 3 WS in the past decade (granted, not all 3 were under BenC)

And yes, I know the Pats have won the division every year the past decade....but we want SB wins.

Of course dealing with the media has zero correlation to wins and losses, but lets not say that the RS don't win, and the Pats do, when the Pats have not won a SB in over a decade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, that RSox have won 3 WS in the past decade (granted, not all 3 were under BenC)

And yes, I know the Pats have won the division every year the past decade....but we want SB wins.

Of course dealing with the media has zero correlation to wins and losses, but lets not say that the RS don't win, and the Pats do, when the Pats have not won a SB in over a decade

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I read where anybody said they don't win?

But anyway, the bottom line is they're different guys. Most people are like BC, they care what people think of them, it's important to them to be liked and all of that. His ego needs care and feeding. He might also genuinely care about the guys (and gals) who cover the team, or he just believes he has a professional responsibility to them.

BB doesn't give one second's thought to any of that, it just doesn't register with him. He's clearly not concerned with what anybody says or writes about him, except if he can use it to his advantage - to motivate or galvanize his team. If he makes some writer or reporter's job a little more difficult, so be it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

I think that's fair. 

Belichick has never had an offseason that clueless and terrible

[/QUOTE]

Were you following his drafts and free agent decisions a few years back?

I think it's SB or bust. WS or bust. 

The RS have won 3 WS in the past decade. The Pats have won zero SB's in the past decade

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Were you following his drafts and free agent decisions a few years back?

I think it's SB or bust. WS or bust. 

The RS have won 3 WS in the past decade. The Pats have won zero SB's in the past decade

[/QUOTE]

I'm no math wiz, but this doesn't add up. Considering they both won in 2004 (actually, the Pats won in 2004 and 2005 if you want to get technical), either the Pats have one title in the last decade (not zero) or the RS have two (not three).

Your call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think that's fair. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no cap in baseball, dummy.  If no cap in the NFL, this franchise would have like 7 SB rings by now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you guys actually listen to BB's press conferences (or read the transcripts) the whole way through?  He gives several press conferences a week during the season and in most of them he gives pretty good info.  Oddly, I think they tend to get better as the week wears on and game time gets closer.  Maybe he's less stressed once the game plan is installed. 

[/QUOTE]

I think if you're a simpleton and have a limited attention span, you end up like Mt Hurl and feel "depressed" after listening to it.

I find it fascinating so much emphasis is put on this. There are many deliberate and terse coaches who are very similar to BB up at the podium.

Parcells used to lambaste people and for some reason people forget that or give him a pass. It's very strange.

And. for grown men to be so distraught over it to start threads on a board about it, is very disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

My god you must do so may drugs that it is unmeasurable. Did you just compare Belichick to Parcells in a round about way regarding their handling of the media? Those are two totally different animals we are talking about here...one was absolutely loved by the media, the guy actually improved tv ratings during his press conferences...the other is despised and rightfully so.

And no there isn't many coaches that are "similar" to Belichick at the podium. Are you for real? The guy is down right morbid...he answers nothing. You could ask him if those things with wings, chirping and flying in the sky were birds, and he'd answer...I'm not at liberty to say, I'm not a bird expert, you'll have to ask someone else about birds. The guy is anal and paranoid with the media. It's not necessary and it's not something any owner would put up with if his team was not winning. 

It's ok rusty, Belchick is the best coach in the nfl - I wouldn't want anyone else - but for you to make excuses for his demeanor and handling of the media is a joke. Typical, but a joke. We all know you are the BIGGEST fraud on here, so it's no big deal...we expect nothing less from the phony, know nothing fan that you are.

[/QUOTE]

"isn't many"?

No way you're a teacher. No way. My god.  That's just horrendous grammar and not defensible for someone who collects a paycheck via taxpayer money.

It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach.

Seek the help you need before it's too late.

[/QUOTE]

"It's scary you need the media to lead you and feel warm and fuzzy inside with the coach of your team at a podium as if it means something on gameday and is a prerequisite in being a good NFL head coach."

I do believe that's a run on sentence, you flippin idiot.  Learn how to use punctuation, moron.  

[/QUOTE]

I forgot a comma. Big deal. It's a long way from not knowing a basic plural, Bustchise Dahmer.

lol

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, you not knowing where and when to use commas is not big deal, but a typo by anyone else is a capital offense and means they need remedial training at a community college.  What a loser you are.

[/QUOTE]

Forming sentences with singulars or plurals is clearly a sign of not knowing how to do it.  A one-off typo or simple error out of dozens of posts, is incredibly minor by comparison.

It's creepy your boyfriend is a teacher, unless he's lying, which he probably is.

Sections
Shortcuts